Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

NW PreRunner Toytec 3" lift

Old 01-07-2013, 05:14 PM   #1
Bojay2 is on a distinguished road
Bojay2's Tacoma Gallery
NW PreRunner Toytec 3" lift

Been using TacomaWorld as my go to research engine for about 2 years and finally made a mod worth posting about.

After a few months of looking, researching, and hesitating I purchased the Toytec 3" complete lift kit with Bilstein height adj. coilovers for my 09 PreRunner.

I was worried about the front end being lifted too much due to the light weight of the prerunner front end and it did get almost a full 1" over the back using 2" AAL. The upper control arms don't look to me to be too out of line but I wouldn't mind upgrading them down the road to more finely tune the alignment.

I kept my origional TRD 17" wheels and got Cooper Discoverer A/T P LT265/70/17s. I did take off the front mud flaps but didnt have to do any trimming and get no rubbing at full turn either direction forward or reverse.

The truck still handles well, mildly stiff but I'm hopefully that will soften up in time. No real off roading just up to the mountain passes and potholed dirt roads. It feels like the front struts want to bottom out going over speed bumps or taking potholes with any speed.

There appears to be a small power drain/mpg loss with the larger tire size but I haven't dialed down the odometer change with new tire size yet.

Next modification plan is the K&N Air Intake System which I guess is illegal in Washington, anyone have trouble with theirs?
Attached Thumbnails
NW PreRunner Toytec 3" lift-photo-3-.jpg   NW PreRunner Toytec 3" lift-photo-2-.jpg   NW PreRunner Toytec 3" lift-photo-3-.jpg   NW PreRunner Toytec 3" lift-photo-4-.jpg  
Old 01-07-2013, 05:16 PM   #2
This is my derpawayinator!!!!!
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NelsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good!

Products Discussed in this Thread