Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

Tacoma Vibration on acceleration

Old 01-24-2013, 04:58 PM   #21
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2012 (6,500 miles) with same vibration in driveline on acceleration ... at about 2,000 RPMs ... especially when pulling a slight incline ... and mine has done it since day one. Going to take it in for "rear spring TSB and have them check vibration.

I will watch this thread and do you want to move this thread into the main 2nd Gen area for more viewing ??
Old 01-26-2013, 08:51 PM   #22
Fedz is on a distinguished road
Name: Fady
Fedz's Tacoma Gallery
here is the skinny, once Toyota service department say it is a normal condition and they will, you have one choice, which is to call Toyota and tell them you want to create a Case. Toyota will contact the dealer that has performed the TSB and and the dealer has 3 days to contact you. you can wait for the dealer or you can call Toyota back and ref your case number and say that there is nothing more the dealer will do, they will ask you what you want to do ( i said if Toyota cant fix the vibration then i do not want the truck) they will give you a new case number for arbitration and wait for a call and they might either buy the truck back or work something out.Atleast this is what happened with me .
Old 02-21-2013, 06:57 PM   #23
JpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant future
Law Enforcement:
JpAdct's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedz View Post
here is the skinny, once Toyota service department say it is a normal condition and they will, you have one choice, which is to call Toyota and tell them you want to create a Case. Toyota will contact the dealer that has performed the TSB and and the dealer has 3 days to contact you. you can wait for the dealer or you can call Toyota back and ref your case number and say that there is nothing more the dealer will do, they will ask you what you want to do ( i said if Toyota cant fix the vibration then i do not want the truck) they will give you a new case number for arbitration and wait for a call and they might either buy the truck back or work something out.Atleast this is what happened with me .
So if you don't mind telling us, did you work something out or sell it back?
Old 02-22-2013, 01:27 PM   #24
Fedz's Tacoma Gallery
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JpAdct View Post
So if you don't mind telling us, did you work something out or sell it back?
I did not sell it back, i got the paper work to sell it back then i reconsidared, i called Toyota back and told them i want an extended warranty for free incase this vibration causes issues in the future. My warranty was extended to 8 years 125k miles.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:42 PM   #25
Fedz's Tacoma Gallery
The vibration is coming from the drive line, i believe it is the 2nd piece of the drive shaft after the carrier bearing. I have pretty much red all the fixes out there and made my own research. There are 3 main fixes that are very common.

1- Go with Tom woods one piece drive shaft with double cardan at the T case.
2- Go with a 2 piece design either by using a 99 4runner drive shaft and lengthen it or get one made. If you decide to have one made you want it to be a 2 piece like stock with carrier bearing in the middle but with a double cardan after the carrier bearing.
3- replace the U joint, i hear they have replacement U joints at Napa.

I do not think there are any more fixes out there that are worth trying.
Old 12-04-2013, 09:14 AM   #26
Tobyb is on a distinguished road
Name: Toby
Tobyb's Tacoma Gallery
Mine seems to do it in first but is real sluggish! Dealer says Trd is working on it but no fix yet!!!
Old 02-07-2014, 11:50 PM   #27
BigE is on a distinguished road
Name: Eddie
BigE's Tacoma Gallery
Mines a 2014 and only has like around 650 miles, and I've noticed that mine also has a slight vibration somewhere in the drive shaft when you give it a little gas, but only at the beginning. At first I thought it was normal since my dads 07 Duramax does that when you give it gas as well, but considering the fact that my dads truck has 110,000 miles and my Tacoma only has 650.. At first I thought I was going crazy, but thank goodness I'm not the only one with this issue.. Gonna have to talk to my dealer bout it, see if they can do anything about it..
Old 02-08-2014, 01:13 AM   #28
SUPER MOD
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry. But there is no dealer fix.
Old 12-08-2014, 05:14 PM   #29
Bluefj123 is on a distinguished road
Bluefj123's Tacoma Gallery
Tom Woods is a great guy and he stands completely behind everything he does but my experience the one piece steel drive shaft is too heavy for the tacoma resulting in a high speed vibration bad enough I worried about a damage to other components of the truck. I've re installed the original drive shaft, dropped the carrier bearing, and added 3 degree shims to no satisfaction. This is my third tacoma and my last. Simply sad Tacoma so successfully derailed a superb product.