Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

Seattle area Access Cab owners -- power sliding window mod kits 4 sale, free install

Old 03-04-2013, 09:58 AM   #21
BenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrmathis View Post
damn it, im at ft. lewis for the next 2 months but my truck is back in virginia
Why did you leave your truck at home?! There's a lot of fun rocks and trails to play on between here and VA!

I just looked at your build thread ... siiiiick
Old 03-04-2013, 10:03 AM   #22
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Tech Insp: 404 ASB/4th CAB
Name: Ryan Mathis
wrmathis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wrmathis Send a message via Yahoo to wrmathis
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenWA View Post
Why did you leave your truck at home?! There's a lot of fun rocks and trails to play on between here and VA!

I just looked at your build thread ... siiiiick
because the army flew my ass out here. plus up until saturday, the truck wasnt running. I'm only out here for training for 2 months so we have a rental car between the 3 of us that are out here
Old 03-08-2013, 03:43 PM   #23
freeskier989 is a jewel in the roughfreeskier989 is a jewel in the roughfreeskier989 is a jewel in the roughfreeskier989 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Mark
freeskier989's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Ben(WA)-

Question, im down in SoCal as well and would love this mod, what would you say if i was to fly you down to Orange County to bring (prob checked baggage for parts) the kit for my Access Cab and install? You could fly in one morning, fly out the next day, stay at my place at the beach. Looking at what it would cost me in gas to go up there and back, this option would actually be cheaper (not to mention my time saved, not having to use four days of vacation time). I can get a flight from Seattle to SNA or LAX for $200 or cheaper in April! Of course not only would you get a flight here and back but your purchase price and install fee. So i end up paying $4xx for this mod, but still worth it to me...
Old 03-10-2013, 07:46 AM   #24
Jinseiganai is on a distinguished road
Jinseiganai's Tacoma Gallery
Good deal! Its a nice n great mod! I want one AND Ben was willing to come here and install it but the expense of a plane ticket from there to here, is a little more then what i wanna spend on a slider, I mean it MIGHT be worth it if it was a sliding SOLID window like the new tundra where the whole glass goes down! huh ben? *wink wink, haha jk
Old 03-10-2013, 08:53 PM   #25
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeskier989 View Post
Hey Ben(WA)-

Question, im down in SoCal as well and would love this mod, what would you say if i was to fly you down to Orange County to bring (prob checked baggage for parts) the kit for my Access Cab and install? You could fly in one morning, fly out the next day, stay at my place at the beach. Looking at what it would cost me in gas to go up there and back, this option would actually be cheaper (not to mention my time saved, not having to use four days of vacation time). I can get a flight from Seattle to SNA or LAX for $200 or cheaper in April! Of course not only would you get a flight here and back but your purchase price and install fee. So i end up paying $4xx for this mod, but still worth it to me...
Old 03-11-2013, 12:21 AM   #26
BenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hey Ben(WA)-

PM'd
Old 03-11-2013, 12:23 AM   #27

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinseiganai View Post
Good deal! Its a nice n great mod! I want one AND Ben was willing to come here and install it but the expense of a plane ticket from there to here, is a little more then what i wanna spend on a slider, I mean it MIGHT be worth it if it was a sliding SOLID window like the new tundra where the whole glass goes down! huh ben? *wink wink, haha jk
Solid slider not gonna happen, lol But I AM still willing to come over and install one of mine for a free plane ride out there!
Old 03-11-2013, 01:22 PM   #28
If it bleeds we can kill it
Kicker_Of_Elves is just really niceKicker_Of_Elves is just really niceKicker_Of_Elves is just really niceKicker_Of_Elves is just really nice

Kicker_Of_Elves's Tacoma Gallery
Great product, I'm interested in one but I'm in Iowa. Feel free to pm me if you decide to ship in the future.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:12 PM   #29

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FJU3bEB5D8
Old 03-24-2013, 09:25 PM   #30
Noob-ish
LT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LT1's Tacoma Gallery
Are you seriously considering this??? Well.. if you're already down here.. wanna do a double cab? I don't have quite the cash to fly you down, but I'll pay whatever I need to in order to facilitate this. Maybe a couple SoCal guys wanna pitch in and make it cheaper for freeskier989 to buy the tickets. Just a thought..

Quote:
Hey Ben(WA)-

Quote:
PM'd
Old 03-24-2013, 10:22 PM   #31

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1 View Post
Are you seriously considering this??? Well.. if you're already down here.. wanna do a double cab? I don't have quite the cash to fly you down, but I'll pay whatever I need to in order to facilitate this. Maybe a couple SoCal guys wanna pitch in and make it cheaper for freeskier989 to buy the tickets. Just a thought..
That would be pretty sweet to get a few members together to pool together some funds for a flight, and all meet up to have a power slider mod day. Right now my schedule is booked solid til end of April, so it would have to be after that.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:40 PM   #32
Noob-ish
LT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LT1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That would be pretty sweet to get a few members together to pool together some funds for a flight, and all meet up to have a power slider mod day. Right now my schedule is booked solid til end of April, so it would have to be after that.
So did anything come of the pm between you and freeskier989? Is he still interested? I guess I can pm him directly and maybe hit up the SoCal guys to see if they're interested.

Just so I have all the info straight so I can pitch it to the guys, what do you think would be the install price (total parts/labor) for say, a double cab or an access cab install? (this is after we've pooled enough money to fly you down and have you stay somewhere)

Oh, and confirming this install is for the hidden model for the access cabs and "hidden" model for the double cabs.
Old 03-25-2013, 12:30 PM   #33

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1 View Post
So did anything come of the pm between you and freeskier989? Is he still interested? I guess I can pm him directly and maybe hit up the SoCal guys to see if they're interested.

Just so I have all the info straight so I can pitch it to the guys, what do you think would be the install price (total parts/labor) for say, a double cab or an access cab install? (this is after we've pooled enough money to fly you down and have you stay somewhere)

Oh, and confirming this install is for the hidden model for the access cabs and "hidden" model for the double cabs.
This is the hidden model for access cabs, and semi-hidden model for double cabs (as shown in first pics of this thread).

Price would depend on whether we could get a group of guys together for one meet so we could do multiple installs at once to make it more efficient. In such a scenario, I would be there more to "teach" everybody how to do the install and help everybody along the way rather than do all the work myself, almost like a window kit install class. In such a case, I think $200 per kit would be fair, plus travel expenses. It would be sweet to get down to Cali and hang with y'all. My schedule is super tight tho so I would probably have to go down there and back in a single day, and the more people we could get interested the more it will be worth my while since I'd be basically using a day of my practically non-existant spare time.

Haven't closed the loop yet with freeskier. I sent him a pm yesterday.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:56 AM   #34
freeskier989 is a jewel in the roughfreeskier989 is a jewel in the roughfreeskier989 is a jewel in the roughfreeskier989 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Mark
freeskier989's Tacoma Gallery
Im definitely in who else would be interested if we fly good ol Ben out here?? Lets get this going, Ben wants to come enjoy some beach time! And anything i can do to lower my subsidy would be nice as well!

Mark
Old 03-26-2013, 07:15 PM   #35
Noob-ish

LT1's Tacoma Gallery
I posted this up in the 626/909 thread. There's more action there than the OC meetups thread. Maybe we'll get some takers. I don't have a whole lot of cash to dispense as of now.. so I can only do so much in terms of putting in toward the travel costs, but I'll do what I can (I've got a 16 year old, a 7 month old, and now one on the way). Hopefully we can get a couple people in and drive the costs down a little.

Quote:
Im definitely in who else would be interested if we fly good ol Ben out here?? Lets get this going, Ben wants to come enjoy some beach time! And anything i can do to lower my subsidy would be nice as well!

Mark
Old 03-26-2013, 08:56 PM   #36
brownc9 is on a distinguished road
brownc9's Tacoma Gallery
This makes me laugh, Ben the traveling salesman. Put this option on the kickstarter campaign.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:10 PM   #37

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownc9 View Post
This makes me laugh, Ben the traveling salesman. Put this option on the kickstarter campaign.
Hey, what the hell, I could use a little SoCal. Next stop: Hawaii.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:52 AM   #38
ninernation is on a distinguished road
ninernation's Tacoma Gallery
Will have to keep my eye in this
Old 04-18-2013, 10:13 AM   #40
imDARRIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedimDARRIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedimDARRIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedimDARRIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedimDARRIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedimDARRIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedimDARRIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedimDARRIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedimDARRIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedimDARRIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedimDARRIN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Darrin
imDARRIN's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd and very interested! In Huntington Beach right up PCH from you Freeskier989 and would be more than willing to pitch in on costs.
question for OP, will this fit nicely on a '13 DCSB?