Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

Seattle area Access Cab owners -- power sliding window mod kits 4 sale, free install

Old 02-05-2013, 11:50 PM   #1
BenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
Seattle area 2nd Gen owners -- power sliding window mod kits 4 sale, $50 install

EDIT: no longer doing free install. I need to charge $50 for the install for my time. I'm sure you understand

I have a small quantity of prototype power sliding window mod kits for 2nd gen Access Cabs and Double Cabs that I want to sell locally. This mod is awesome, and you locals are very lucky to have this opportunity, as I do not have kits that I am ready to sell to others outside of the local area.

Access Cab version is pretty much 99% hidden, Double Cab version is semi-hidden (only the motor is visible):

I will help install these kits myself. In fact, that is the only reason why I am limiting them to local sales, because they are prototypes that are very challenging to install in their current design embodiment and I need to do the lion's share of the install myself to guarantee correct installation.

Here is a video of one installed in Forster's truck:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0qYi...QNHQuQ&index=6

Price is $184, plus $50 for the installation. Hit me up soon, because I doubt they will last long.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:28 PM   #2
Loco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoco38SUP is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Loco38SUP's Tacoma Gallery
Thats pretty slick, a few questions though.

- Do you defeat the latch lock?
- How secure is it, can someone attach a suction cup to it and force it open?
- Does this offer extend to double cabs?
- Where is the activation switch mounted?
- Can you open it in increments?

RJM
Old 02-06-2013, 03:16 PM   #3
BenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
Answers...

- Do you defeat the latch lock?

The latch is disabled in one of two ways:

1- by propping it in the unlatched position with a pin
or
2- by removing the latch from the window glass permanently

- How secure is it, can someone attach a suction cup to it and force it open?

It is arguably more secure than the stock unpowered slider. It performs just like any other power window in your truck -- it cannot be forced open against the resistance of the idle window motor.

- Does this offer extend to double cabs?

Not this particular offer, but I do sell similar kits for Double Cabs. See my sale thread in the 2nd gen Buy/Sell/Trade forum

- Where is the activation switch mounted?

Pretty much anywhere you'd like. Popular mounting locations have been in one of the blank switch knock-outs left of the steering column, or by cutting out a new switch spot on the center console, or below climate control panel. See my thread in the Buy/Sell/Trade forum for photos of switches installed.

- Can you open it in increments?

Yes. It operates just like any other power window in your truck. The window moves when you press the switch and stops when you release the switch.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:46 PM   #5

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengland25 View Post
Damn I wish I was in Seattle!! I would leave work just for this! Haha care to send one down my way and I'll video and take notes of everything!!! Haha
I wish I could but no can do. If you want to road trip up to Seattle I'd be happy to hook you up. There's good skiing and snowboarding here, and lots of nice scenery on the way from SoCal to here, maybe use that as an excuse for a road trip
Old 02-06-2013, 07:53 PM   #7
Never Forget! 343
Bengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud ofBengland25 has much to be proud of

Firefighter:
Name: Bradley
Bengland25's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenWA View Post
I wish I could but no can do. If you want to road trip up to Seattle I'd be happy to hook you up. There's good skiing and snowboarding here, and lots of nice scenery on the way from SoCal to here, maybe use that as an excuse for a road trip
I just took a 2000 mile road trip around California so I think I'm good on those for now! Haha hope someone local contacts you soon before I change my mind!!!! Haha any deal for being the first access cab buyer?? Lol
Old 02-09-2013, 11:06 PM   #8

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-10-2013, 07:03 AM   #10
S1000RR will become famous soon enough
S1000RR's Tacoma Gallery
Might be willing to get it done, I'll get back to you soon.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:06 AM   #11
S1000RR will become famous soon enough
S1000RR's Tacoma Gallery
Is this the hidden one?
Old 02-10-2013, 05:44 PM   #12

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by S1000RR View Post
Is this the hidden one?
Yes, it looks just like the video above.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:47 PM   #13

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengland25 View Post
How has no one jumped on this?!?
No clue.

I have people from everywhere other than Seattle beating down the door of my PM inbox for AC AC window kits. Guess its the wrong season.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:59 AM   #15

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightnfire View Post
I just saw this and am interested Live in Marysville, work in Bellevue.
Cool. I just replied to your PM and asked where in WA you are, but didn't notice this post til now.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:18 PM   #16
davidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: David
davidpick's Tacoma Gallery
that's so badass! i'm guessing second-gen only though?
Old 02-20-2013, 09:53 AM   #18

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
Still got some of these!
Old 03-04-2013, 09:50 AM   #19

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
Still available. This offer also extends to Double Cab owners with a semi-hidden version of the mod (everything is hidden except for the motor). I just did this one yesterday:

Old 03-04-2013, 09:54 AM   #20
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Tech Insp: 404 ASB/4th CAB
Name: Ryan Mathis
wrmathis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wrmathis Send a message via Yahoo to wrmathis
damn it, im at ft. lewis for the next 2 months but my truck is back in virginia