Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

Portland/Beaverton General mechanic

Old 04-07-2013, 01:38 PM   #1
dvhart is on a distinguished road

dvhart's Tacoma Gallery
Portland/Beaverton General mechanic

I'm a new Tacoma owner in the Portland/Beaverton area. I have a dealer near by who will do my maintenance for the next couple of years (while it's free) but I would like to find a good mechanic that specializes in Toyotas that can do some of the mechanical work I may not want or have the time to do myself. I won't be offroading, but will need a few things now and then I'm sure. Anyone have a favorite shop that has treated them well in the area?
Old 04-07-2013, 01:58 PM   #2
Riverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Collin
Riverdog's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not sure if you'd want to drive out to Gresham or not, but I've always taken my cars to Vo's Auto Repair. They don't specialize in Toyotas, but all the guys I've talked to have been very knowledgeable about Toyotas. Their prices are about what you'd expect.

If no one else recommends a shop in the west side, try posting this question in the Oregon and Washington BS Thread.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:09 PM   #3
jammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant future

Name: James
jammdogg's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to jammdogg
Welcome to TW from Hillsboro! I take my wife's car (volvo) and moms cars (saab) to Eric Heaton in Hillsboro, over by the airport. Good work, fast, and not overpriced on his shop rate.
Old 04-07-2013, 03:47 PM   #4
dvhart is on a distinguished road

dvhart's Tacoma Gallery
Grasham is a bit of drive as I'm not out that way often. I work in Hillsboro near the airport though, so I may need to check our Eric Heaton. Thanks folks!
Old 04-07-2013, 10:20 PM   #5
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
If you have to have dealer work done, I was pleased with Royal Moore.
For odd stuff, consult with either Landcruisers NW or Metaltech. They are custom fab shops, but should also know good regular shops.