Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

Tillamook State Forest Pictures and Video thread

Old 03-02-2014, 01:39 PM   #41
Bobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bobert14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanCity4x View Post
Guna run Tillamook March 25th/26th before headin to Florence for the FJ event. I'm looking at running these trails,

10 U Firepower
13 Cedar tree
14 Firebreak 5
16 saddle, airplane
17 7up
18 hogs
20 Archers fire breaker, maybe rocky uphill/waterfall

And if there's time,
36 Rodgers Rd
37 Stick in the nose

Aprox how long should that take with 3-4 built trucks and experianced drivers? is it possible to do trails #10-20 in a day and a half maybe skipping some parts? Which trails do you guys think are must do?

Looking at camping at Jordan creek for a night as well or maybe on one of the trails, any suggestions? Also how much snow and what are the conditions to be expected?
Its very possible to do 10-20 in a day. How built is built? 7up is one of the more extreme trails there, don't recall ever seeing anything less than a trailered wheeler attempt it. Airplane Hill is pretty gnarly. I've gotten my Taco through the gatekeepers at the cost of a fender and spindle, but didn't bother trying the main trail.

As for snow, its been a pretty dry year. We've had a couple good snow events, but not much outside those. This a link a to a weather station that records precipitation on one of the higher peaks near the OHV area. http://www.nwrfc.noaa.gov/snow/snowplot.cgi?SDMO3
Old 03-12-2014, 08:31 PM   #42
Out fer a Rip eh Bud
VanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: DJ
VanCity4x's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks man, ya I heard about 7up but after looking it up ill stay clear of that one lol.

Everyone's armoured and at least rear lockers, couple including myself have front. Might give airplane a shot but from video I watched looks like a no go if its wet.
Old 03-12-2014, 09:00 PM   #43
Bobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobert14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bobert14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanCity4x View Post
Thanks man, ya I heard about 7up but after looking it up ill stay clear of that one lol.

Everyone's armoured and at least rear lockers, couple including myself have front. Might give airplane a shot but from video I watched looks like a no go if its wet.
haha yea, it is a pretty crazy trail.

Sounds like you guys are set for most of the trails there except the ones that are very clearly buggy only trails.

The biggest time issue with trail runs is the distance between some of the trails. As long as no one breaks or gets stuck I think you guys could hit the trails you are looking at within your time frame. I've done a pretty good portion of those trails in a day before.
Old 03-12-2014, 09:17 PM   #44
Out fer a Rip eh Bud
VanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: DJ
VanCity4x's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome, hitting Florence for the weekend so guna try not to beat up the rig too bad.