Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

Custom Rock Slider's.....

Old 06-27-2013, 08:36 PM   #1
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Custom Rock Slider's.....

I just got done building me some sliders and really like the way they turned out. And am going to start selling them to anyone in the Portland/Vancouver area..
Here's my build thread.... http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...der-build.html

I am going to make all 3 mounting plates L-Shaped for all the next sliders I make. (I only did the middle one without for my needs)... And I say "custom" bc I can make them to your liking/needs. If you want them to stick out farther or have a kick out. I can do that also.

My design is nicely tucked up and close to the body, but not too close to where they dont give good protection. They can act as a step when the door is open but they dont patrude so far out that they get in the way when getting in and out of the vehicle.

These are for the 05+ Tacoma's only, as I have not yet got somebody's 1st gen to make a design up..

~AC/DC Short Bed: 79" 1.75"x.120" wall Hrew tubing with 3/16" mounting plates and gussets. Fully mig welded and ready to go.. $320.00
(Paypal and Cash)

~Bolt on: +$50
~Installed: +$75

Thanks!

NO LONGER SELLING/MAKING THESE!!
SORRY
Old 06-30-2013, 09:40 PM   #4
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
I think 3 is more then enough for these. For a DC LB I will do 4..
But if someone wants another leg I can do that for them also..
Old 07-01-2013, 02:51 AM   #6

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benson X View Post
How close to the cab's pinch weld to they sit? And you may want to weld the gussets in the center of the tube; I've never seen them welded to the side, so I cant say it's less durable, but for rigidity and energy displacement, the center is the best location.
Yeah, i thaught about that also.. But then my gussets would have to be smaller on the plate end to fit.. This way there bigger and the welds will be stronger then the tubing so it shouldnt be a problem... I know that domello has them on the side also, and some other person/company also.. Thanks for the thaught and tip.
Old 07-01-2013, 02:57 AM   #7
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
since everyone else is shitting on you, I think they look good man! wish mine looked like that.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:31 AM   #8

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
since everyone else is shitting on you, I think they look good man! wish mine looked like that.
Finally a positive comment!! thanks man..
Old 07-01-2013, 07:33 AM   #9

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Oh and these have plenty of clearance under the pinch weld. About 5/8' to 3/4".. And theyre 1" away from the doors.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:40 AM   #10
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
x2, I like them. If you're going to be beating the hell out of them, dragging them across rocks and slamming the truck down on them day in and day out, I would agree with all the comments but for the daily driver/weekend warrior, I'm sure they are plenty strong enough. That is also a competitive price point. For me, I like them angled down a little flatter, but overall I like the design.
Old 07-06-2013, 10:37 AM   #11

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Heres a rescent pics of the finished product.. I just drilled the bottom holes and installed the bolts. Now these are super strong and steardy..

Old 08-14-2013, 03:55 PM   #12
Eazy.E is on a distinguished road
Name: Erik
Eazy.E's Tacoma Gallery
I think they look awesome, saw the build thread back when you started it and was curious to see the finished product. All I can say is great job!
Old 08-14-2013, 05:17 PM   #13

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazy.E View Post
I think they look awesome, saw the build thread back when you started it and was curious to see the finished product. All I can say is great job!
Thanks man! yeah they came out great, I havent got any interest yet.. but hopefully I will get someone that wants a set.
Old 03-22-2014, 05:26 AM   #14
HillBillyRedNeck is on a distinguished road
Navy: Electrician
Name: JOSH
HillBillyRedNeck's Tacoma Gallery
I definitley want a set, but it might have to wait about a month or so.
Old 03-22-2014, 09:57 AM   #15

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HillBillyRedNeck View Post
I definitley want a set, but it might have to wait about a month or so.
Awsome.. Just let me know when your ready.. Thanks for the interest.
Old 05-11-2014, 12:22 AM   #16
Ermatinger17 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jordan
Ermatinger17's Tacoma Gallery
Definitely gonna have to hit you up for a set of these in a couple months for my '14. Love how close they suck up to the cab
Old 05-13-2014, 04:58 PM   #17
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETaco23 View Post
I think 3 is more then enough for these. For a DC LB I will do 4..
But if someone wants another leg I can do that for them also..
Just an FYI, my Relentless sliders on my DCSB have 4 legs. I have some minor flex under full vehicle weight, but I think it comes with the frame more than anything. Just a thought.

One gotcha that you might want to think about is that different length tacos have frame bolt heads/holes in different spots, and there is a pretty good margin of variance from one same-length truck to the next. You may wish to get measurements from multiple trucks of the same length, sell the mounting legs un-welded, or try to solicit help from friendly established vendors who can tell you what leg spacing you want to shoot for.

Great to have a local making these!
Old 05-13-2014, 05:19 PM   #18

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the heads up... im thinking about not selling these anymore bc i havent got any hits. (I havent sold a set yet)
Plus i just dont have bla bunch of time to make them..