Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

Dispersed / Uncrowded Camping in OR

Old 07-29-2013, 04:09 AM   #1
slolane has a brilliant futureslolane has a brilliant futureslolane has a brilliant futureslolane has a brilliant futureslolane has a brilliant futureslolane has a brilliant futureslolane has a brilliant futureslolane has a brilliant futureslolane has a brilliant futureslolane has a brilliant futureslolane has a brilliant future

slolane's Tacoma Gallery
Dispersed / Uncrowded Camping in OR

Hey guys,

I don't know the Oregon area very well, but I will be heading to CA from WA via I5 in a couple weeks. I plan on staying the afternoon/night somewhere in OR off the I5, maybe near Grants Pass area or whatever and I would like to camp.

Any suggestions on good camp spots?? Dispersed camping or uncrowded areas would be best. I wouldn't mind hitting an easy/mild trail to get to a cool spot.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:56 PM   #2
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
I remember a spot in Cottage Grove that I went to about 5 years ago but I have no idea where it's at.
Old 08-30-2013, 07:40 AM   #3
Scamper is on a distinguished road
Scamper's Tacoma Gallery
The area east of Prineville is astounding, wide open, and very welcoming. There is a USFS station on the way out of town. Stop and get a motor vehicle use map - you'll need it.