Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

Need Dakars, I5 Seattle to Portland - retail

Old 08-19-2013, 08:57 PM   #1
lawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to all

Name: Lawson
lawless's Tacoma Gallery
Need Dakars, I5 Seattle to Portland - retail

I'm headed from Seattle to Portland this weekend and in the market for the OME leaf pack. I would love to buy from Wheeler's but I'm not going that far south. Can anyone recommend where I can get Daks for my '12 Taco between Seattle and Portland? Preferably Oregon (tax) and a spot with Saturday hours. Looking for $400 or less. Need the u-bolts too. Thanks!
Old 08-19-2013, 09:19 PM   #2
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
I'm waiting for a 2nd set.. I've heard they are back ordered in the us and awaiting a shipment from down under..
Old 08-19-2013, 09:30 PM   #3
lawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to all

lawless's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
I'm waiting for a 2nd set.. I've heard they are back ordered in the us and awaiting a shipment from down under..
couldn't find them listed at 4 Wheel Parts so maybe there is an Aussie embargo.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:11 PM   #4
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Arb USA is located in Renton....
Old 08-19-2013, 10:28 PM   #5

lawless's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Arb USA is located in Renton....
i know but i was under the impression that they don't do retail action. do you know otherwise? i wonder how pricing is? i would love to shoot over there and pick up some Daks.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:31 PM   #6
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe Metaltech 4x4? I believe they're in the greater Portland area.

Edit: They're in Newberg, about 25mi from downtown Portland
http://www.metaltech4x4.com/p-646-05...ings-rear.aspx
Old 08-19-2013, 11:03 PM   #7
Bad Spuller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawless View Post
i know but i was under the impression that they don't do retail action. do you know otherwise? i wonder how pricing is? i would love to shoot over there and pick up some Daks.
I don't think they do.. But worth calling about.. They will at least have the best info
Old 08-20-2013, 12:21 AM   #8

lawless's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
Maybe Metaltech 4x4? I believe they're in the greater Portland area.

Edit: They're in Newberg, about 25mi from downtown Portland
http://www.metaltech4x4.com/p-646-05...ings-rear.aspx
nice, i was just checking out their website.

Quote:
I don't think they do.. But worth calling about.. They will at least have the best info
good idea. i'll give them a call tomorrow and see what's up. the funny thing about the ARB website is it wants to refer me to every Les Schwab in the region for OME parts.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:52 PM   #9
all.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shed

all.on.black's Tacoma Gallery
Call wheelers and have them will call at ARB in renton. Pick them up same day. Save tax and shipping. I do it all the time.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:31 AM   #10

lawless's Tacoma Gallery
i didn't verify this, but there's another post on here saying ARB stopped doing will call about 2 months ago. that would be the slickest option though.

i ended up ordering locally from Torfab in Mukilteo. he's going to order and install daks along with my lift/ucas and also weld on my sliders. early X-mas for me this year.
Old 08-21-2013, 04:03 PM   #11
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
You live in Seattle. I ordered from Scott at TruckAddOns. They delivered to my door in 2 days - no shipping charge. No taxes either. Best pricing I could find. Was more convenient for me personally than going somewhere else and schlepping the parts around.
Old 09-13-2013, 03:53 PM   #12
PepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shedPepsiManKolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Aerial Porter
Name: Kolt
PepsiManKolt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i didn't verify this, but there's another post on here saying ARB stopped doing will call about 2 months ago. that would be the slickest option though.

i ended up ordering locally from Torfab in Mukilteo. he's going to order and install daks along with my lift/ucas and also weld on my sliders. early X-mas for me this year.
I know its a little delayed but I have nothing else to do but look through old threads.

I bought a ARB buffer pad and paid/picked up at Will Call in Renton a week ago. I am not sure if thats only because it was an ARB part but obviously they didn't close down the whole Will Call.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:28 PM   #13
Tacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: SSG HHC 4/9 6th INF Div Scout Platoon Sgt.
Name: Ron
Tacodog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

If you don't mind answering. What is labor cost to install?
Old 09-16-2013, 09:29 AM   #14

lawless's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacodog View Post
If you don't mind answering. What is labor cost to install?
i paid about $700--800 for labor...but I got sliders welded on, front coilovers, UCAs, rear resi shocks, the Dakars, brake lines, and a custom mount for my oil catch can.

work was top notch and pricing was more than fair considering all the work done. i would happily recommend torfab to anyone looking for someone to turn wrenches.