Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

The SoDo Taco lunch thread

Old 10-04-2013, 12:13 PM   #1
Tasty fish in a tortilla
SalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
SalmonTaco's Tacoma Gallery
The SoDo Taco lunch thread

Since we have so many members down here everyday, why not make a thread so we can hook up and grab tacos for lunch. I'm usually free around 11:30 - not sure what time works for everybody else.

TW folks in this neighborhood:

SalmonTaco
Haslefre
Beavis0076
uncleART
YFZ450MOE
Chris5255
rideexileex
PepsiManKolt
Benson X
Chief sanders

If you want to be added to the list PM me.

The taco truck at 4th and Michigan is pretty good and has been used to meet up a couple times thus far. Feel free to suggest other options.

Let the lunch BS begin.......
Old 10-04-2013, 12:17 PM   #3
SUPER MOD
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haslefre View Post
Iron Pig BBQ is also amazing.
agreed! the goat cheese stuffed peppers are one of my favs.
parking can be a PITA there though.. but im game
Old 10-04-2013, 12:21 PM   #4
SUPER MOD
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Im usually free to do lunch anytime.

there is also the design center building across from les schuab on 4th that often has food trucks and a ton of parking..
starbucks headquarters has parking and lunch trucks too..
blue water taco grill is pretty damned good.
Old 10-04-2013, 12:26 PM   #5
Tasty fish in a tortilla
SalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalmonTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I've got a pile of leftovers that I should eat before the stink up the office fridge.

I'd still be down to drive someplace and hang out for a bit though.
Old 10-04-2013, 12:26 PM   #6
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brady
Haslefre's Tacoma Gallery
The only problem with Andrew and I are we both eat gluten free. So most sandwich shops are out the window for us. But, BBQ, tacos and stuff like that are always good.
Old 10-04-2013, 12:27 PM   #7
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brady
Haslefre's Tacoma Gallery
We just need to choose a day next week. I would say Friday, but I have to head to base.
Old 10-04-2013, 12:29 PM   #8
Tasty fish in a tortilla

Asian food works too. I've eaten at a little teriyaki place on 4th (north side of Costco)that is pretty good - I think its called Asia Ginger Teriyaki.
Old 10-04-2013, 12:30 PM   #9
SUPER MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haslefre View Post
The only problem with Andrew and I are we both eat gluten free. So most sandwich shops are out the window for us. But, BBQ, tacos and stuff like that are always good.

LOL.. typical Seattle people!
yea, next week sounds good. Im at a training tues and wed... thurs im open.
Old 10-04-2013, 12:31 PM   #10
SUPER MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalmonTaco View Post
Asian food works too. I've eaten at a little teriyaki place on 4th (north side of Costco)that is pretty good - I think its called Asia Ginger Teriyaki.

yea, not bad.. burger madness is some of the best burgers in town too.. not sure what you can and cant eat.. I eat almost everything.
Old 10-04-2013, 01:40 PM   #12
Corndawg has a spectacular aura aboutCorndawg has a spectacular aura about
Name: Corey
Corndawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
im not from seattle. but i like Thai ginger my brother takes us there
Old 10-04-2013, 01:42 PM   #14
SUPER MOD

At burger madness now. Awesome burgers!!
Im having the so cal burger. It has avacado and bacon. Good colestrol and bad.. So it offsets itself
Old 10-04-2013, 01:54 PM   #15
uncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Arty
uncleART's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm in the mood for teriyaki also. Can everyone meet next Thursday ? Seems like a good day. How's the parking at this Teriyaki place? Also the weather looks promising for next Thursday. (For tailgating - not that I really care)
Old 10-04-2013, 02:08 PM   #16
Tasty fish in a tortilla

Thursday sounds good. The parking lot there isn't huge - we could always overflow into the Costco lot of needed...or we could just plan to park there if we want a big line of Tacomas.
Old 10-04-2013, 02:21 PM   #17
SUPER MOD

yea, we should be ok.. sometimes you have to wait for a spot.. the earlier the better.. right at noon its a PITA what time is good for everyone.. im free.