Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

Tahuya Meet - 1/26/14

Old 01-27-2014, 11:22 PM   #81
uncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the sheduncleART is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Arty
uncleART's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickenmunga View Post
You guys need to see an interior shot - I'm making the official declaration that his new nickname is Chocolate Rain Cousteau
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smar969905 View Post
I am thinking his new name should be Puddles
Both good ideas, but I like Puddles the best. Has a certain ring to it.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:37 PM   #83
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
How did it happen? I've been through the hole many times and never suffered any damage. I have to find the video's of us going through with mud over the hood. Never a hydro or water intrusion in the interior.
Old 01-28-2014, 12:08 AM   #84
ToyotaLover
Smar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
Smar969905's Tacoma Gallery
whole front end dropped in and I am sure water flooded the air intake almost immediately. pretty sure that the wheel well where the intake tube starts at had all air access sealed off by water. put the vacuum of the motor drawing in air onto that and it pulled the water into the intake faster than Ben could reach for the keys to turn the truck off.
Old 01-28-2014, 12:21 AM   #85
...and we're back!
Benson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
Benson X's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeRunner View Post
How did it happen? I've been through the hole many times and never suffered any damage. I have to find the video's of us going through with mud over the hood. Never a hydro or water intrusion in the interior.
I have been through it on our first trip (vid HERE) and didn't have any issues.

Not sure what happened on this one, but I purposefully avoided through the deep parts, I just didn't feel the need to do it again. So, I was skirting around the edge, and weaving through the stumps, drove the shallow pit on the far side and wrapped-around. I stopped before the small/narrow pond area (right HERE) and thought I would just drive through to the other side, as soon I was all the way in, it got DEEP and maybe it was the perfect combination of turbulence, throttle, and intake velocity, but my aFe gulped a ton of water and the engine died right in the middle. I called Tallon on the CB to get a tug, and after sitting for about a minute in the water, it started seeping in though the doors, probably about 5"-6" total.

We pulled it out, and pulled the spark plugs and intake to clean them out. After all the plugs were out, I cranked it over to eject all the water from the cylinders, and that shit shot out like a cannon, but after a couple turn overs, it seized again. I crawled under and turned the crank by hand and it rotated freely before stopping. Reversed the wrench, and it did the same thing. No bueno!

Tallon towed me out to the staging area, but we had to stop to re-rig the strap...that's when we noticed oil dripping out of the skid plate.

It sucked/sucks, but what can you do. I feel like a complete idiot, and had a few "woulda, coulda, shoulda" moments, but I don't want to waste my energy emotion being pissed at myself, I just want to focus no getting it back in action.
Old 01-28-2014, 04:57 AM   #86
BoatRacer is a jewel in the roughBoatRacer is a jewel in the roughBoatRacer is a jewel in the rough

Name: Mike
BoatRacer's Tacoma Gallery
Your not the only one. I did the same thing years ago while wheeling on the gas line at the other end of town (Belfair). I'd been there before but failed to take into account the time of year it was. Mission Creek was overflowing to make Mission River after a weeks long rain.
Being an even dumber kid, I just left it sitting in my driveway for a couple weeks, too depressed to work on it. I wasn't thinking about the interior at all, but replacing it cost more than the new engine because I didn't take care of that right away.
Old 01-28-2014, 06:21 AM   #87
Eazy.E is on a distinguished road
Name: Erik
Eazy.E's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 55chevy05taco View Post
So awesome!^^^^^ bummer Ben!! But everyone's behind you!
Old 01-28-2014, 01:58 PM   #88
...and we're back!
Benson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenson X is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
Benson X's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoatRacer View Post
Your not the only one. I did the same thing years ago while wheeling on the gas line at the other end of town (Belfair). I'd been there before but failed to take into account the time of year it was. Mission Creek was overflowing to make Mission River after a weeks long rain.
Being an even dumber kid, I just left it sitting in my driveway for a couple weeks, too depressed to work on it. I wasn't thinking about the interior at all, but replacing it cost more than the new engine because I didn't take care of that right away.
Thanks Mike, but sorry to hear you had a similar experience - it only takes once to learn the lesson. It was cool to meet you at the Safeway, and hope to see you at upcoming meets when they happen.

I definitely wanted to get the interior dried ASAP, and then worry about the engine. Got the carpeting out and the interior is completely gutted now. Borrowed a good fan blower to help speed up the process, but things are looking up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazy.E View Post
So awesome!^^^^^ bummer Ben!! But everyone's behind you!
Thanks Erik! I am very optimistic about the whole thing now. Granted I was trying to be positive when this happened, but it is impossible for me to be stressing out now, and it's all because of the support from our awesome PNW Crew and the TW Family!

Thanks again y'all.
Old 01-28-2014, 03:20 PM   #89
ToyotaLover
Smar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmar969905 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Don't worry Ben. We got you covered like a condom
Old 01-28-2014, 04:47 PM   #91
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benson X View Post
I can see that, and not just some cheap-o Lifestyle condom...more like a ribbed and studded Magnum with the pleasure lube

They have the vibrating ones now you know... Just putting that out there in case you're not holding back.
Old 01-28-2014, 05:30 PM   #92
ndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: NICK
ndcmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguins_cc View Post
They have the vibrating ones now you know... Just putting that out there in case you're not holding back.

Old 02-08-2014, 12:33 PM   #94
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
Finally getting the photos off the phone. Lots were blurry and terrible, so here's what I have left.

Old 03-22-2014, 05:07 AM   #95
HillBillyRedNeck is on a distinguished road
Navy: Electrician
Name: JOSH
HillBillyRedNeck's Tacoma Gallery
When is the next one, i want to go!
Old 03-22-2014, 08:27 AM   #96
ToyotaLover

Snow trip today at Wilkeson. Not sure on next Tahuya trip
Old 03-22-2014, 11:21 PM   #97
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HillBillyRedNeck View Post
When is the next one, i want to go!
Here at the TW company we believe in a flat organizational structure so we can realize a true value-added community through an organically driven meta.

Really, just make it happen. Post up dates and ask who's coming in the NW meet thread or the BS thread
Old 03-28-2014, 11:16 AM   #98
HillBillyRedNeck is on a distinguished road
Navy: Electrician
Name: JOSH
HillBillyRedNeck's Tacoma Gallery
I am going on april 13th if anyone wants to go