Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

Traveling through Oregon and Washington

Old 02-17-2014, 10:14 PM   #21
seanboy is on a distinguished road

seanboy's Tacoma Gallery
Everyone has different taste as far as things to do when traveling, but some of the things that were recommended to me : Tillamook Cheese factory in Tillamook OR, is pretty neat. Cannon Beach in Oregon is nice, drive up to the house where Goonies was filmed. Seaside OR is nice too. Portland itself has great breweries and great coffee houses. Both Portland and Seattle have great restaurants!

Take pictures so we can feel like we're on vacation too!
Old 02-17-2014, 10:16 PM   #22
davidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: David
davidpick's Tacoma Gallery
The Bend area is awesome. If you enjoy the outdoors at all, there is NO end to activities/sights there.

I grew up in the Portland/Vancouver area and now live just north of Seattle, so I have a few years' experience.

In PDX: The Gorge (hiking, sights, Multnomah Falls), Powell's Books, Pittock Mansion, NW 23rd Ave, tons o' breweries, great restaurants.

In Seattle: Pike Place (super touristy but definitely cool) and Post Alley, Hurricane Ridge (great views of the Olympics), Ivar’s Acres of Clams, North Cascades Highway (Highway 20), plenty of hiking and sights in the Cascades ...and of course CenturyLink Field, home of the World Champion Seahawks!

You can probably skip Tacoma. Can't stand that place haha!
Old 02-17-2014, 10:19 PM   #23
seanboy is on a distinguished road

seanboy's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=

You can probably skip Tacoma. Can't stand that place haha![/QUOTE]

Old 02-17-2014, 10:20 PM   #24
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
You should go to Sisters coffee in Sisters Oregon its literally the best coffee east of the cascades. Also I'd recommend going to The deschutes brewery considering Bend is the coolest city in Oregon heck I go there more than Portland since Portland sucks.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:23 PM   #25
TRDMEDIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMEDIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMEDIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMEDIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMEDIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMEDIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMEDIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMEDIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMEDIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMEDIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMEDIC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TRDMEDIC's Tacoma Gallery
Man we visit some friends in bend every year for their daughters bday but they haven't shown us much. Feel like i'm missing out from what you guys are saying.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:25 PM   #26
TRDMEDIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMEDIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMEDIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMEDIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMEDIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMEDIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMEDIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMEDIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMEDIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMEDIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMEDIC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidpick View Post

You can probably skip Tacoma. Can't stand that place haha!
Can I just stop and take a picture of the sign of the city next to the truck at least? Lol
Old 02-17-2014, 10:25 PM   #27
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDMEDIC View Post
Man we visit some friends in bend every year for their daughters bday but they haven't shown us much. Feel like i'm missing out from what you guys are saying.
Just go through Oregon and Washington and travel where you want . There is a lot to bend and I would go to a few places there and heck why not hit up the tillamook cheese factory and air museum.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:33 PM   #28
Menj309 is on a distinguished road

Name: Richard
Menj309's Tacoma Gallery
I'm from SoCal and will be traveling up to Oregon in June to visit family. I'm going to need to check some of these spots out as well
Old 02-17-2014, 10:46 PM   #30
davidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Quote:
Can I just stop and take a picture of the sign of the city next to the truck at least? Lol
Old 02-17-2014, 10:49 PM   #31
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Might stink your truck up when you open the door.....but its your truck. You can do what you want
Old 02-17-2014, 10:55 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Might stink your truck up when you open the door.....but its your truck. You can do what you want
Ill make sure to carry plenty of the black magic air freshener trees.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:33 PM   #33
Never take the bait
Jasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stop giving me nicknames
Jasmine's Tacoma Gallery
Bump
Old 02-19-2014, 10:25 PM   #35

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benson X View Post
is the Church of Elvis still in Portland?
It was two years ago when I took some relatives from California! Oh, Portland.... hahaha
Old 02-19-2014, 11:09 PM   #36
Riverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Collin
Riverdog's Tacoma Gallery
No one has mentioned the food carts in downtown Portland. They are some that are definitely worth a lunch visit. If you'd rather eat lunch inside and at a table, Kenny and Zukes, Elephant's Delicatessen, and Pizzicato are my favorite lunch spots.

For dinner, I like Henry's, Lucca, and Fire on the Mountain.

For dessert, go to Pix Patisserie. You won't regret it.

As for activities, there are a lot of outdoor activities in the Portland area. Forrest Park is one of the largest parks in the U.S. surrounded by a city; aka miles and miles of hiking and biking trails. Conversely, Portland is also home to the world's smallest park.

There are also guided tours around Portland that are really good. I highly recommend taking a tour. I've done the Underground Tour. Unlike the Underground tour in Seattle which explores what is physically under the streets, the Underground tour in Portland explores the "underground" culture of Portland's past. Such as which bars had trap doors in order to Shanghai drunk men, or how they used to smuggle alcohol during prohibition.
Old 02-19-2014, 11:28 PM   #37
Riverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benson X View Post
is the Church of Elvis still in Portland?
Sadly they closed. But they still have a website.
Old 02-20-2014, 12:05 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdog View Post
No one has mentioned the food carts in downtown Portland. They are some that are definitely worth a lunch visit. If you'd rather eat lunch inside and at a table, Kenny and Zukes, Elephant's Delicatessen, and Pizzicato are my favorite lunch spots.

For dinner, I like Henry's, Lucca, and Fire on the Mountain.

For dessert, go to Pix Patisserie. You won't regret it.

As for activities, there are a lot of outdoor activities in the Portland area. Forrest Park is one of the largest parks in the U.S. surrounded by a city; aka miles and miles of hiking and biking trails. Conversely, Portland is also home to the world's smallest park.

There are also guided tours around Portland that are really good. I highly recommend taking a tour. I've done the Underground Tour. Unlike the Underground tour in Seattle which explores what is physically under the streets, the Underground tour in Portland explores the "underground" culture of Portland's past. Such as which bars had trap doors in order to Shanghai drunk men, or how they used to smuggle alcohol during prohibition.
Those all look great. Thanks for the recommendations. My wife will prob like that pixpatisserie place. Im gonna like that wing place. The tours sound really cool.
Old 02-20-2014, 12:25 AM   #39
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
I'm north of seattle and want to take a roadtrip down to san fran this summer. Not sure if it will happen. I'm flying down to socal in june for a huge family reunion already. Been to LA and San Diego before, but never san fran.
Old 02-20-2014, 02:02 AM   #40

Quote:
Those all look great. Thanks for the recommendations. My wife will prob like that pixpatisserie place. Im gonna like that wing place. The tours sound really cool.
If you do the wing place, go to the Fremont location. Its easy to find and has the best parking of the three locations.

Yeah, the tours are really cool. So are the tour guides. I've talked to several people that have done the tours and we all had different, but awesome guides.