1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Looking to Buy: 3rd member

Discussion in 'North West' started by Spindleshanks, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Mar 10, 2014 at 10:06 AM
    Spindleshanks

Spindleshanks [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Vancouver, WA
    Vehicle:
    Taco de Colorado-'03, Armorology
    Armorology front bumper w/Warn, Superwinch synthetic, 4.88s, BudBuilt, All-Phase t-case skid, Demello sliders, ToyTec suspension w/Bilstein/KYB, 33s, ARE shell, Magnaflow cat-back, 6" deck plate mod,
    Folks, I'm looking for a rear third-member housing for an e-locked 2003 Taco. Had a catastrophic failure in my current one, and need a donor housing! In the Vancouver/Portland area, although I'm always travelling around WA/OR. I'm flexible. And mobile.

Heck, if anybody can recommend a local place that could supply AND build one, I'd be up for that as well. It's got 4.88s.

I had R&P 4WD in Portland on the line to rebuild the unit, until I saw the carnage inside it. They don't deal in Toyota, so they can't help me.

Randy's R&P doesn't offer any assemblies for e-locked diffs.

I guess it's probably junk yard time, but I sure would prefer getting a third-member from one of you great folks, rather than turning wrenches on the ground in a salvage lot.

I'm open to suggestions! Thanks, in advance;)

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  2. Mar 10, 2014 at 2:49 PM
    Spindleshanks

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Vancouver, WA
    Vehicle:
    Armorology front bumper w/Warn, Superwinch synthetic, 4.88s, BudBuilt, All-Phase t-case skid, Demello sliders, ToyTec suspension w/Bilstein/KYB, 33s, ARE shell, Magnaflow cat-back, 6" deck plate mod,
    Thanks, Beavis. Talked to Yotamasters in Cali. Dude had a great deal on an assembled unit. Shipping is only about $50. Plus I get to keep the 5 gallon bucket it ships in:D:D:D. I'm easily pleased.
    Anyway, it's a comparable price to a junkyard unit in PDX and having the gears set-up locally, same Yukons.

3. Apr 17, 2014 at 8:37 PM
    Spindleshanks

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Vancouver, WA
    Vehicle:
    btw, Yotamasters set me up. I'm breaking-in a new diff as we speak. So now I've got an e-locked third member for sale. The ring bolts were sheared off, the carrier probably needs replaced, the third member assembly itself is probably fine, you're welcome to inspect it. If anybody wants it, PM me. Otherwise, I've got the most authoritative paperweight on my block. And the smelliest. I hate that 90wt odor.

4. Apr 26, 2014 at 9:36 AM
    YFZ450MOE

YFZ450MOE When you blow off steam you get an eyepatch

Member:
    First Name:
    Moe
    Auburn, WA / Roseburg, OR
    Vehicle:
    09 white DCSB TRD (it's getting there)
    Icon Extended Travel 2.5" Coil Overs All-Pro U-Bolt Flip Kit Bilstien Rear Shocks Fabtech Add-a-Leaf Icon Upper Control Arms All-Pro Rear Bumper w/ Wrap Arounds & Hitch with custom LED plate light BHLM and Morimoto III D2S retrofit Satoshi Grill 2 Hella Black Magics behind Grill Bestop Supertop BAMF sliders
    12voltguy.com has awesome elocker harness' s for cheap if yours ever acts up. I did a conversion on my 94 and use his stuff for my elocker.

Products Discussed in

To Top