1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Adios, so long, bye bye and later dudes!

Discussion in 'North West' started by sportsguy, May 24, 2014.

1. May 24, 2014 at 7:34 PM
    sportsguy

sportsguy [OP] searchgeek

Member:
    It's not like I've been an active local member. But I do recall fondly going offroading with a group from here a couple years back. Me and my 100% stock regular cab 4wd Tacoma crawling around trying to look like we knew what we were doing while everyone else got muddy and dirty...LOL

I never did much with the truck - really. Put on some 31" Goodyear Wrangler MTRs, the rear bumper from Brute Force Fab and that was it. Never drove it too much either, as it only had 15,536 miles on the clock as of this morning.

Today, however, it's all over. A new owner met the Tacoma for the first time and fell in love. So after a barrel of cash was handed over, the papers were signed and my beloved Tacoma left for a new life in Cle Elum. This gent bought it for his son when he goes to college this fall in Montana.

The truck sure held it's value since we bought it in 2011. We sold it for about $600 less than we paid for it! Holy crap that's solid!

I've always loved the Tacoma, but lately I've been wanting more...more space, more power, more range, more comfort, more, more, more...

Which is why last month I placed an order for a new truck. :) Admittedly, it's a higher spec than the Tacoma we sold, but hey, why not treat yourself, right?

All power options
    Sunroof
    Crew Cab
    4wd
    Short Box
    In-Dash Sat/Nav
    Heated/Ventilated seats (yup)
    3 liter diesel engine
    8 spd auto trans

Yes, ladies and gents, I have crossed the median to the other side. I have gone full size and thy name is RAM 1500 Laramie EcoDiesel. :D

I can assure you THIS truck will never go offroad. ;)

Then again, it also is capable of getting 30 mpg and has a range in excess of 675 miles. So I'll trade some offroad ability for a bit more comfort and range.

Now it goes without saying the Tacoma was as reliable as sunrise, and we'll see if the RAM can maintain it's sh1t in a similar manner. I'm skeptical, but we'll see...and for the trade in economy, comfort and ability, I'm willing to make the swap.

Bottom line, though, is I'm out of the Tacoma ownership game now.

This community was great and the people I met through it even better.

Thank you. :)

duane

2. May 26, 2014 at 6:55 AM
    sportsguy

sportsguy [OP] searchgeek

Member:
    Thanks Ahshiet. :) I'm looking forward to it, but I have to admit...I'm more distracted than I ever expected I would be after selling the Tacoma...LOL I keep looking in the driveway and noticing its not there anymore. Just that quick - I took money, he took the title and keys and the last time I saw the truck it was being driven out of the Dairy Queen parking lot towards the I90 and the desert side of the state.

Seemed so weird to watch another person driving my truck away...but the fat roll in my pocket kinda makes up for it. :)

Products Discussed in

To Top