1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Crawl2Run Fabrication

Discussion in 'North West' started by munkel, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Dec 29, 2014 at 8:43 PM
    munkel

munkel [OP] fka unregistered lurker...

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    PDX
    Vehicle:
    2004 Dbl Cab V6 4WD Tacoma
    Icon Suspension, 285/75/16 BFG MT's, Steeeckers, Custom Bed Mounted Tool Storage, Wilderness Trail rack, SoftTopper, K&N CAI, Hella Aux lights, PIAA Fogs, Warn M8000, Elite Front Bumper, BAMF sliders, All-Pro leafs and shackles
    I've been looking for a local place to have work done as I can't weld. I kept seeing a nice green tacoma with some work done with a sticker for Crawl2Run fabrication and I decided to give them a call. Was a couple of young guys in the Portland area who do fab work and other welding, suspension upgrades etc it seemed. Gave them a call and met up with them to discuss my needs, I had a few specific ideas of what I wanted. After meeting them I felt comfortable enough to have them work on my truck. After watching them do the work and now having tested it out for a few months I can say I will definitely be having them do my work from here out that I can't do.

I am in no way associated with them and do not know them other than from the work they did on my truck. If you are looking for a few good fab guys for a project look them up. The work they did for me was as follows:
    Boxed rear frame
    Rear shock relocate
    Custom receiver extension/drop
    Custom cross member to attach to receiver extension under bed

I was very impressed with the welding and care they took in making sure to do it in small chunks to mitigate any warping of the rear frame as well as every piece was measured precisely and cut perfect.

I have had fab work done by one guy in his garage and by Superior Off Road, Crawl2Run's work was better and less expensive.

IMG_2893.jpg
    IMG_2901.jpg

2. Dec 29, 2014 at 10:17 PM
    GSPRunner

GSPRunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Seattle, WA
    Vehicle:
    17 Mag Grey DCSB OR
    What was the cost to outboard the shocks?

3. Dec 29, 2014 at 10:28 PM
    munkel

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    PDX
    Vehicle:
    Icon Suspension, 285/75/16 BFG MT's, Steeeckers, Custom Bed Mounted Tool Storage, Wilderness Trail rack, SoftTopper, K&N CAI, Hella Aux lights, PIAA Fogs, Warn M8000, Elite Front Bumper, BAMF sliders, All-Pro leafs and shackles
    Not sure as I had them do everything all at once, I had previously done the shock re-locate but it had to be re-done after boxing the frame, not even sure what I paid for that as I had a bunch of work done then too.... Sorry.

4. Dec 29, 2014 at 10:29 PM
    munkel

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    PDX
    Vehicle:
    it only takes 4 shock tabs, a square or round tube and a U-bolt flip kit if you want to clean up the axle.

5. Feb 17, 2015 at 5:44 PM
    Bigheadtinyarms

Bigheadtinyarms Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Cedar City, UT
    Vehicle:
    91 FJ80, 07 DCSB
    37’s locker bumper winch lights seats LS Swap, 35’s winch lights roof rack suspension armor plasti dipped
    Following them on insta now. Looks like good work

6. Feb 17, 2015 at 5:58 PM
    munkel

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    PDX
    Vehicle:
    for sure, they are building me skids right now....

7. Mar 16, 2015 at 9:09 PM
    munkel

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    PDX
    Vehicle:
    Finally got some time to head down and have my skids installed, the Elite front bumper made it a smidge of a challenge but it works. Also had a few tabs welded on the front bumper for my lightbar. Really happy with the skids and the tabs, the work they did was fantastic.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top