1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Alignment Recommendations (Seattle Area)

Discussion in 'North West' started by TacoSTIG, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Jan 10, 2015 at 3:40 PM
    TacoSTIG

TacoSTIG [OP] Untamed Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    WA, Issaquah
    Vehicle:
    2005 AC, TRD OR
    Hey guys, I'm installing my lift in the next month or so and looking for local recommendations for alignment shops. Tires are going on at Discount Tire in Bellevue, after that I'd like to get her straight before chewing up her fresh KO2's.

I'm willing to venture a bit to give my business to a reppable shop. Feedback, experience, lets talk!

Thanks,
    -Jeremy

2. Jan 11, 2015 at 12:39 PM
    TacoSTIG

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    WA, Issaquah
    Vehicle:
    2005 AC, TRD OR
    I should rephrase my initial question and ask if anyone knows a good tech I can count on and what shop they're at. Not looking for a budget job, I'll pay to have it done right. Coming from the sportscar industry I'm familiar with specialty performance shops that only work with trackcars. There has to be that equivalent in the offroad world. No?

Thanks for the rec, I've never been a fan of that company but it all comes down to the tech on clock. Who do you work with over there? and what location?

3. Jan 14, 2015 at 9:27 AM
    drr

drr Primary Prognosticator

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Seattle-ish
    Vehicle:
    02 4WD Tacoma
    Omni Alignment in Kirkland/Redmond area is a highly reputable shop - they've done my alignment and several others I know and have done a good job. ~$95 for my 1st gen - they couldn't get my caster all the way in spec, but that's because I have stock UCAs with OME 882s.

4. Jan 15, 2015 at 8:25 PM
    CHPTR11

CHPTR11 Team Impulse Red

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Pacific NW
    Vehicle:
    2004 TRD Tacoma
    OME, Hankook, ARB, SCS
    I've gone to Tru-Line Frame & Wheel for the last 15 years, they have a shop in Bellevue and downtown Seattle. Its owned by a father (Byron Tate) and son (Doug Tate).

They are more expensive than most (~$165), but I trust them 100% with my vehicles. They will ask you how much you weigh and then put weights on the front seat when performing the alignment to simulate you sitting in the vehicle (they also do this for the passenger seat if you have a copilot on the regular). Not sure if this is a necessary step, but I like the attention to detail. They will set your truck up any way you want and have always worked with me when I have a weird request. They had no problem getting more than 2* of caster the last time I went in (I have stock UCA's).

For what its worth, they are right around the corner from Discount Tire on 130th in Bellevue.

5. Jan 16, 2015 at 12:39 AM
    TacoSTIG

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    WA, Issaquah
    Vehicle:
    2005 AC, TRD OR
    Did further research on everyone's suggestions and Tru-Line takes the win. 2+ caster on stock ucas!? impressive! From all the reviews they sound like stand up guys, looking forward to work with them. Thanks for the referrals everyone.

Products Discussed in

To Top