1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Oregon/washington meet: what date works?

Discussion in 'North West' started by RelentlessFab, Jun 3, 2009.

?

What weekends work for your schedule?(check all that apply)

1. Weekend of June 26th, 27th, 28th

61.5%
  2. Weekend of July 3rd, 4th, 5th

7.7%
  3. Weekend of July 10th, 11th, 12th

23.1%
  4. Weekend of July 17th, 18th, 19th

38.5%
  1. Jun 3, 2009 at 11:03 AM
    RelentlessFab

RelentlessFab [OP] Eric @Relentless Fab Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 AC 6mt>03 SR5 >08 Sport and 17 6MT TRD OR
    Relentless Armored! Too many others to list.
    Ok, this poll is only for all the guys that are interested in coming to the Oregon/washington 4x4 meet in the Tillamook state forest. To anyone else interested in coming, all of the previous discussion can be found here:
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/north-west/37381-summer-oregon-washington-tacoma-meet.html

This poll is so we can come up with a date for the meet that works the best for everyone's schedules. Once everyone votes, the one with the most votes will be the date we set for the meet so vote wisely.

On a side note, this is what my feelings are toward each or the weekends listed:
    The last weekend in june may be a little soon, as I need to make a seperate trip in advance to do some prerunning of trails.
    The july 4th weekend may be very busy, so keep that in mind.
    The july 10th weekend is probably the best for me
    Over the July 18th weekend, I believe that TTORA has a meet up there, I can see that being both good and bad, you decide. Maybe we'd have to move over to the Jordan's creek area of the TSF if browns camp is too full.

2. Jun 3, 2009 at 4:42 PM
    Chickenmunga

Chickenmunga Nuggety

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Keizer, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Offroad DC 4x4 with stuff
    All the normal TW BS
    I would be coming after work at the soonest on the Friday of whatever date we choose. However, that's only a ~40min drive.

BTW, people that don't have it already will need an offroad permit. There's a Shell station fairly close where you can obtain one.

3. Jun 3, 2009 at 4:55 PM
    RelentlessFab

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    Yeah, thats what I was figuring the friday to be, just the drive down for everyone and then talking to everyone there, eat some dinner and chill by a camp fire maybe, then wake up the next morning and head out 4wheelin.
    Good catch on the Off road permit too, almost forgot that one. For the trip, everyone should also have a fire extinguisher, tire repair kit, some basic tools, and a good tow strap in their truck at the very minimum when were out on the trails.

4. Jun 3, 2009 at 5:02 PM
    Kyouto42

Kyouto42 Iron Beard

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BSP '10 4x4 TRD Off-Road DC
    See build thread in signature
    And lots of water :p

Yea as long as the trails will work with a locked prerunner I still want to go, but I won't know until probably the end of June what my schedule will be up there... so, in the mean time... :twiddles thumbs:

5. Jun 4, 2009 at 6:41 PM
    TodaGuy

TodaGuy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    Almost Murdered 09 Taco
    Revtek 3" spacer in front 1" block w/ 2" AAL in rear. Blacked out grill, debadged (almost all done), Magnaflow muffler, black Konig Countersteer Off Road rims, 285/75/16 Toyo Open Country M/Ts.
    10,11,12th of July works for me. 2 nights in the woods... I'm gonna need a lot of "Water"

6. Jun 4, 2009 at 6:43 PM
    TodaGuy

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    Almost Murdered 09 Taco
    Revtek 3" spacer in front 1" block w/ 2" AAL in rear. Blacked out grill, debadged (almost all done), Magnaflow muffler, black Konig Countersteer Off Road rims, 285/75/16 Toyo Open Country M/Ts.
    I don't wanna put that atv sticker on my bumper so ill prob just scotch tape that s to the inside of the back window :)

7. Jun 5, 2009 at 8:13 AM
    Chickenmunga

Chickenmunga Nuggety

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Keizer, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    All the normal TW BS
    I'd imagine you can stick it to the rear window, and when you want to remove it you just use a razor blade to take it off. I'll try asking in the detailing area to see what they think.

I've been meaning to pick this stuff up. Any advice on tow straps (where to look for best price)? I'll peek at Salem Offroad this weekend.

8. Jun 6, 2009 at 2:52 AM
    RelentlessFab

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    I got a really good tow strap at my local Big R and they have the same ones at the local Grange Co-op. Its 3" wide by 30ft and has a 27000lb rating. Its looped at each end, so you'd need a good tow hook, or a shackle to attach it to a looped tow point.

9. Jun 6, 2009 at 6:21 PM
    RelentlessFab

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
  10. Jun 6, 2009 at 7:24 PM
    TodaGuy

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    Almost Murdered 09 Taco
    right on

11. Jun 7, 2009 at 12:49 PM
    TodaGuy

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    Almost Murdered 09 Taco
    Harbor Frieght is having a side walk sale next weekend and they have all kinds of tow straps and shackles and I'm sure everything will be discounted. Its in Gresham right off Stark and 243rd.

12. Jun 7, 2009 at 1:37 PM
    RelentlessFab

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    Harbor freight stuff always seems really cheaply made to me. I prefer paying a little more and getting something I know is a quality part/product, especially if its failure during use can be dangerous as it could with a tow strap.

13. Jun 7, 2009 at 2:34 PM
    TodaGuy

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    Almost Murdered 09 Taco
    I have purchased from harbor a few times and yes some of their items are very cheap but I bought some tie down straps for my quad for a fraction of the price of other stores and they work just as good as the spendy ones. Their tow straps are rated at 24000 lbs. I have a chainso I won't need one but for anyone on a budget this might be an answer. Just my 2 cents.

14. Jun 7, 2009 at 8:29 PM
    Chickenmunga

Chickenmunga Nuggety

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Keizer, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    All the normal TW BS
    Some Harbor Freight is ok, others not so hot. I'll give them a look when I make that trip to Salem Offroad I didn't get around to :p

Big R isn't up this way, but there's Coastal Farms.

15. Jun 9, 2009 at 8:41 AM
    Chickenmunga

Chickenmunga Nuggety

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Keizer, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    All the normal TW BS
  16. Jun 9, 2009 at 9:59 AM
    TodaGuy

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    Almost Murdered 09 Taco
    It looks like there is events up at Browns Camp both of the weekends we are voting on.. I wonder how busy it will be?

17. Jun 9, 2009 at 10:12 AM
    Chickenmunga

Chickenmunga Nuggety

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Keizer, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    All the normal TW BS
    For the very few times I've been out, it seems like the quad folks tend to keep to trails that are inaccessible to us, so I wouldn't imagine them being a problem trail-wise. Camping, who knows. We can talk to them here

For the Jolly Jeepers on the 18th and 19th, this is their big annual event. As a courtesy, we should really contact them to ensure that we aren't tromping on their big plans, especially given that it is a paid event.
    If TTORA is doing things too, this could be a very packed week that I would rather avoid.

Relentless, sounds like you know the area best - you want to do the coordination?:eek:

18. Jun 9, 2009 at 10:19 AM
    zero niner

zero niner romeo oscar bravo

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Pacific Northwest
    Vehicle:
    09 DC SB Prerunner
    All Pro front plate bumper, 5100 1.75" Bilstein up front, 1" block and TSB in rear, UWS lowpro tool box, Toyota Side Steps
    I voted for the first weekend as I have a pretty busy schedule for July, but if it ends up being in July, I can swing one maybe two days and just meet up. It's only a few hours away from Seattle and can be driven fairly easy for me! I can't wait to meet up with my PNW peoples!!!

Rob

19. Jun 9, 2009 at 10:32 AM
    RelentlessFab

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    hmm. I would say we should stay away from the 18-19 weekend for the fact that those jolly jeepers guys and TTORA guys will both be around browns camp over those dates. That is, unless we want to just use Jordans Creek as our base camp. I think that the 11-12 weekend should be okay with the quads/motorcycles out at browns camp since they wont likely be on the same trails just as you said. The camping at browns camp may be the issue though. I've never camped at browns camp, just rode through and around it. I have camped at Jordans creek for a few days before, it was really nice there but as you said there isn't any running water there except for the creek. We could each just pack enough drinking water for the few days and use the creek to rinse/refresh ourselves a bit though. Thats what Ive done in the past(the creek is crystal clear and quite cold though).
    I guess if all else fails, maybe we could push it back another week or 2 to avoid overcrowding.

20. Jun 9, 2009 at 3:10 PM
    TodaGuy

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    Almost Murdered 09 Taco
    I would rather wheel and camp all at the same spot. I also agree that maybe pushing it back a week or so would be a good idea. It sounds like most people have a busy July anyway. If we stay away from those big groups we should be able to land the better camp sites although I have never camped at browns so I don't know where the "better" spots would be anyway.

Products Discussed in

To Top