Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

Oregon/washington meet: what date works?

View Poll Results: What weekends work for your schedule?(check all that apply)
Weekend of June 26th, 27th, 28th 8 61.54%
Weekend of July 3rd, 4th, 5th 1 7.69%
Weekend of July 10th, 11th, 12th 3 23.08%
Weekend of July 17th, 18th, 19th 5 38.46%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-03-2009, 12:03 PM   #1
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Oregon/washington meet: what date works?

Ok, this poll is only for all the guys that are interested in coming to the Oregon/washington 4x4 meet in the Tillamook state forest. To anyone else interested in coming, all of the previous discussion can be found here:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/nor...coma-meet.html

This poll is so we can come up with a date for the meet that works the best for everyone's schedules. Once everyone votes, the one with the most votes will be the date we set for the meet so vote wisely.

On a side note, this is what my feelings are toward each or the weekends listed:
The last weekend in june may be a little soon, as I need to make a seperate trip in advance to do some prerunning of trails.
The july 4th weekend may be very busy, so keep that in mind.
The july 10th weekend is probably the best for me
Over the July 18th weekend, I believe that TTORA has a meet up there, I can see that being both good and bad, you decide. Maybe we'd have to move over to the Jordan's creek area of the TSF if browns camp is too full.
Old 06-03-2009, 05:42 PM   #2
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
I would be coming after work at the soonest on the Friday of whatever date we choose. However, that's only a ~40min drive.

BTW, people that don't have it already will need an offroad permit. There's a Shell station fairly close where you can obtain one.
Old 06-03-2009, 05:55 PM   #3
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickenmunga View Post
I would be coming after work at the soonest on the Friday of whatever date we choose. However, that's only a ~40min drive.

BTW, people that don't have it already will need an offroad permit. There's a Shell station fairly close where you can obtain one.
Yeah, thats what I was figuring the friday to be, just the drive down for everyone and then talking to everyone there, eat some dinner and chill by a camp fire maybe, then wake up the next morning and head out 4wheelin.
Good catch on the Off road permit too, almost forgot that one. For the trip, everyone should also have a fire extinguisher, tire repair kit, some basic tools, and a good tow strap in their truck at the very minimum when were out on the trails.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:02 PM   #4
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
And lots of water :P

Yea as long as the trails will work with a locked prerunner I still want to go, but I won't know until probably the end of June what my schedule will be up there... so, in the mean time... :twiddles thumbs:
Old 06-04-2009, 07:41 PM   #5
TodaGuy is on a distinguished road
TodaGuy's Tacoma Gallery
10,11,12th of July works for me. 2 nights in the woods... I'm gonna need a lot of "Water"
Old 06-04-2009, 07:43 PM   #6
TodaGuy's Tacoma Gallery
I don't wanna put that atv sticker on my bumper so ill prob just scotch tape that s to the inside of the back window
Old 06-05-2009, 09:13 AM   #7
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I'd imagine you can stick it to the rear window, and when you want to remove it you just use a razor blade to take it off. I'll try asking in the detailing area to see what they think.

Quote:
everyone should also have a fire extinguisher, tire repair kit, some basic tools, and a good tow strap in their truck at the very minimum when were out on the trails
I've been meaning to pick this stuff up. Any advice on tow straps (where to look for best price)? I'll peek at Salem Offroad this weekend.
Old 06-06-2009, 03:52 AM   #8

Quote:
I've been meaning to pick this stuff up. Any advice on tow straps (where to look for best price)? I'll peek at Salem Offroad this weekend.
I got a really good tow strap at my local Big R and they have the same ones at the local Grange Co-op. Its 3" wide by 30ft and has a 27000lb rating. Its looped at each end, so you'd need a good tow hook, or a shackle to attach it to a looped tow point.
Old 06-06-2009, 07:21 PM   #9

bump
Old 06-07-2009, 01:49 PM   #11
TodaGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Harbor Frieght is having a side walk sale next weekend and they have all kinds of tow straps and shackles and I'm sure everything will be discounted. Its in Gresham right off Stark and 243rd.
Old 06-07-2009, 02:37 PM   #12

Harbor freight stuff always seems really cheaply made to me. I prefer paying a little more and getting something I know is a quality part/product, especially if its failure during use can be dangerous as it could with a tow strap.
Old 06-07-2009, 03:34 PM   #13
TodaGuy's Tacoma Gallery
I have purchased from harbor a few times and yes some of their items are very cheap but I bought some tie down straps for my quad for a fraction of the price of other stores and they work just as good as the spendy ones. Their tow straps are rated at 24000 lbs. I have a chainso I won't need one but for anyone on a budget this might be an answer. Just my 2 cents.
Old 06-07-2009, 09:29 PM   #14
Nuggety

Some Harbor Freight is ok, others not so hot. I'll give them a look when I make that trip to Salem Offroad I didn't get around to :P

Big R isn't up this way, but there's Coastal Farms.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:41 AM   #15
Nuggety

More helpful info

http://www.oregon.gov/ODF/TSF/road_and_trail_rpt.shtml

Event Calendar
Old 06-09-2009, 10:59 AM   #16
TodaGuy's Tacoma Gallery
It looks like there is events up at Browns Camp both of the weekends we are voting on.. I wonder how busy it will be?
Old 06-09-2009, 11:12 AM   #17
Nuggety

For the very few times I've been out, it seems like the quad folks tend to keep to trails that are inaccessible to us, so I wouldn't imagine them being a problem trail-wise. Camping, who knows. We can talk to them here

For the Jolly Jeepers on the 18th and 19th, this is their big annual event. As a courtesy, we should really contact them to ensure that we aren't tromping on their big plans, especially given that it is a paid event.
If TTORA is doing things too, this could be a very packed week that I would rather avoid.

Relentless, sounds like you know the area best - you want to do the coordination?
Old 06-09-2009, 11:19 AM   #18
romeo oscar bravo
zero niner is just really nicezero niner is just really nicezero niner is just really nicezero niner is just really nice

Name: Rob
zero niner's Tacoma Gallery
I voted for the first weekend as I have a pretty busy schedule for July, but if it ends up being in July, I can swing one maybe two days and just meet up. It's only a few hours away from Seattle and can be driven fairly easy for me! I can't wait to meet up with my PNW peoples!!!

Rob
Old 06-09-2009, 11:32 AM   #19

Quote:
For the very few times I've been out, it seems like the quad folks tend to keep to trails that are inaccessible to us, so I wouldn't imagine them being a problem trail-wise. Camping, who knows. We can talk to them here

For the Jolly Jeepers on the 18th and 19th, this is their big annual event. As a courtesy, we should really contact them to ensure that we aren't tromping on their big plans, especially given that it is a paid event.
If TTORA is doing things too, this could be a very packed week that I would rather avoid.

Relentless, sounds like you know the area best - you want to do the coordination?
hmm. I would say we should stay away from the 18-19 weekend for the fact that those jolly jeepers guys and TTORA guys will both be around browns camp over those dates. That is, unless we want to just use Jordans Creek as our base camp. I think that the 11-12 weekend should be okay with the quads/motorcycles out at browns camp since they wont likely be on the same trails just as you said. The camping at browns camp may be the issue though. I've never camped at browns camp, just rode through and around it. I have camped at Jordans creek for a few days before, it was really nice there but as you said there isn't any running water there except for the creek. We could each just pack enough drinking water for the few days and use the creek to rinse/refresh ourselves a bit though. Thats what Ive done in the past(the creek is crystal clear and quite cold though).
I guess if all else fails, maybe we could push it back another week or 2 to avoid overcrowding.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:10 PM   #20
TodaGuy's Tacoma Gallery
I would rather wheel and camp all at the same spot. I also agree that maybe pushing it back a week or so would be a good idea. It sounds like most people have a busy July anyway. If we stay away from those big groups we should be able to land the better camp sites although I have never camped at browns so I don't know where the "better" spots would be anyway.