Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

whos from OREGON??

Old 11-18-2009, 05:46 AM   #1
rvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to all

Name: cameron
rvcahawaii808's Tacoma Gallery
whos from OREGON??

anyone here in oregon thats installed the 5100s on their truck? Ive pretty much convinced myself to get them id just feel alot better if someone could help me out installing them. thanks
Old 11-18-2009, 06:22 AM   #2
senile member
Tacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Ex Navy. subs
Tacoyota's Tacoma Gallery
I'm from Oreo gone. Were too cheap and practical for such things as lift kits and spiffy shock absorbers here. If you have that much time you aren't hiking or skiing enough!
...oops sorry, Ok seriously now, haven't done them yet , but I sorta want to do stock or .85" for a smoother ride, but I wont be lifting mine.
Hawaii? you in the military?
Old 11-18-2009, 07:23 AM   #3
Porsche917k is on a distinguished road
Porsche917k's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in the Portland area and just did 5100's on mine. I wouldn't mind helping you out. I will require some liquid compensation however....
Old 11-18-2009, 03:02 PM   #4
rvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche917k View Post
I'm in the Portland area and just did 5100's on mine. I wouldn't mind helping you out. I will require some liquid compensation however....
haha well im under 21 but hey, i go to college so i could find a way to hook you up. i wanted to take it in steps because i didnt wanna spend alot of money at once, but i think im gonna get the front 5100s and the 1.5 AALs at the same time so i dont have to take the fronts off twice to adjust them. lemmie know if you could gimmie a hand. i'll probably get around to ordering them within the week.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:03 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoyota View Post
I'm from Oreo gone. Were too cheap and practical for such things as lift kits and spiffy shock absorbers here. If you have that much time you aren't hiking or skiing enough!
...oops sorry, Ok seriously now, haven't done them yet , but I sorta want to do stock or .85" for a smoother ride, but I wont be lifting mine.
Hawaii? you in the military?
ive still got time. i went to hood opening weekend and boarded for 2 days! powder was great, i hope you got to check it out. but im not in the military, im going to school at osu...
Old 11-18-2009, 03:17 PM   #6
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I'Z here.

I'm in Klamath falls and going to OIT, its about 4 hrs from corvallis/OSU. I have several friends that go to school there.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:19 PM   #7
BSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BSPDX's Tacoma Gallery
yo!
Old 11-18-2009, 04:16 PM   #8
senile member
Tacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I have my pass at Mt hood meadows and not gone yet, shame on me lol.
I haven't worked new suspensions, just old school stuff years ago, but if you need a 3rd set of hands I might be able help. I have a cheap/decent floor jack and some wrenches but nothing specialized for shocks.
Old 11-18-2009, 04:19 PM   #9
brandob9 is a jewel in the roughbrandob9 is a jewel in the roughbrandob9 is a jewel in the roughbrandob9 is a jewel in the rough
Name: Brandon
brandob9's Tacoma Gallery
May as well chime in. I live in the Cedar Mill area.
Old 11-18-2009, 04:21 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoyota View Post
I have my pass at Mt hood meadows and not gone yet, shame on me lol.
I haven't worked new suspensions, just old school stuff years ago, but if you need a 3rd set of hands I might be able help. I have a cheap/decent floor jack and some wrenches but nothing specialized for shocks.
dang you missed out. saturday was probably the best day ive seen in a long time. clear sunny and tons of powder. hood river was DESERTED all ungroomed backcountry type runs. it was great. you ski or snowboard?
Old 11-18-2009, 04:26 PM   #11
senile member

Ski, usually heather canyon like areas and tree slaloming. I hate to miss good days , but then I had so many up there I will find more hehe. My problem is I went from 185 to 230 in the last yr and a half, but the skiis are 98mm wide at the waist, good powder skis.

But missing skiing when there is no crowd OMG!! thats the big boo boo there.
Old 11-18-2009, 04:34 PM   #12

so i was gonna head down to wheelers sometime and get the front 5100s and the 1.5" AALs. with this setup i can set the bilstein's at 2.5" and i can run it with stock coils and UCAs right?
Old 11-18-2009, 04:51 PM   #13
senile member

Gonna leave my suspension stock, but would like better shocks.

I'm hearing that theres some vibration in some cases, but with after market UCAs you can fix the caster/camber, and possible early tire wear. Check the UCA/lift sticky at the top of 2nd gen forum, and perhaps PM somone who has done them.
Old 11-18-2009, 04:57 PM   #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcahawaii808 View Post
haha well im under 21 but hey, i go to college so i could find a way to hook you up. i wanted to take it in steps because i didnt wanna spend alot of money at once, but i think im gonna get the front 5100s and the 1.5 AALs at the same time so i dont have to take the fronts off twice to adjust them. lemmie know if you could gimmie a hand. i'll probably get around to ordering them within the week.
Sounds good to me. We can do it at my place if you want. I don't know when I'd be in Corvallis next. Let me know.
Old 11-18-2009, 06:59 PM   #15

Quote:
Sounds good to me. We can do it at my place if you want. I don't know when I'd be in Corvallis next. Let me know.

nice thanks man. unfortunatly the guy that was going to buy a set of tires off me fell through i still wanna do it just gonna get some cash together then head down to wheelers. just wondering do you got jacks and stands and most of the tools? ive got a set of some craftsman tools, but notthing really heavy duty
Old 11-18-2009, 07:19 PM   #16
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
nice thanks man. unfortunatly the guy that was going to buy a set of tires off me fell through i still wanna do it just gonna get some cash together then head down to wheelers. just wondering do you got jacks and stands and most of the tools? ive got a set of some craftsman tools, but notthing really heavy duty
Well, you'll want a 1/2" drive ratchet and a few wrenches. IIRC you'll need a 10, 14, 17, and 19mm. Oh, and a 21 for the lug nuts.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:47 PM   #17
Quote:
No worries. I have everything you'll need. Power tools, garage, heat lamps, etc.
Old 11-19-2009, 06:03 PM   #18

Quote:
No worries. I have everything you'll need. Power tools, garage, heat lamps, etc.
nice man. im gonna order it from wheelers since i dont really wanna drive the 3 hours down there and he said shipping was only gonna be around 20 bucks. gonna get the front 5100s and the 1.5" AALs. when are you free?
Old 11-19-2009, 06:47 PM   #19

hey, just so ya know, the stock rear shocks are going to be a tad short with an AAL in the back. Just a heads up.
Old 11-19-2009, 06:56 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
hey, just so ya know, the stock rear shocks are going to be a tad short with an AAL in the back. Just a heads up.
so i would need the rear 5100s as well?

Products Discussed in this Thread