Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

Montana Taco

Old 02-04-2010, 08:48 PM   #41
Mondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Mondwa's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Wish I could join you! I'm another MT guy that got lost. I find my way back about once a year. I grew up east Belt & west of Stanford, Geyser area, all metropolis's.
If anyone cares.

That sucks man wish you were able to make it.

Yes this meet will be weather permitting. I too would have to drive 2hrs to get there. I just figured if we could get together for lunch that would be pretty cool and maybe setup a meet for the summer to go wheeling.

Rooty where is a good place to meet for some lunch and a beer that family can go ?
Old 02-04-2010, 11:54 PM   #42
Arjay70 is on a distinguished road
Arjay70's Tacoma Gallery
Gee, I searched mudflaps and found this thread!
For those with gen. 2 Tacos that don't like the stiff mudflaps, I have a suggestion" You can keep the originals if you cut them off partway up and insert a rubber strip (piece of a rubber floormat works) between the two pieces of the original flap. Pop rivet the rubber on with plumbers' strapping to keep the rivets from pulling through. Use fender washers on the end of the rivet that mushrooms. Be careful while drilling out the plumbers' strapping to fit the rivets, to avoid cuts if the bit grabs the strapping. May have to drill the fender washers' holes a bit, too. Hold tight with Vise Grips while drilling. Spray paint the metal black to blend with the flaps. You now have hinged flaps that don't get ripped off by rocks, etc. If you lose the clips that are holding on the flaps, you can pop rivet through several of the holes, if you use fender washers behind the fender flare where the flaps attach.
Old 02-05-2010, 06:23 AM   #43
kroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
kroggy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay70 View Post
Gee, I searched mudflaps and found this thread!
For those with gen. 2 Tacos that don't like the stiff mudflaps, I have a suggestion" You can keep the originals if you cut them off partway up and insert a rubber strip (piece of a rubber floormat works) between the two pieces of the original flap. Pop rivet the rubber on with plumbers' strapping to keep the rivets from pulling through. Use fender washers on the end of the rivet that mushrooms. Be careful while drilling out the plumbers' strapping to fit the rivets, to avoid cuts if the bit grabs the strapping. May have to drill the fender washers' holes a bit, too. Hold tight with Vise Grips while drilling. Spray paint the metal black to blend with the flaps. You now have hinged flaps that don't get ripped off by rocks, etc. If you lose the clips that are holding on the flaps, you can pop rivet through several of the holes, if you use fender washers behind the fender flare where the flaps attach.
Derail!!!
Old 02-05-2010, 12:37 PM   #44
Just playin' on the runways
MT_mudflaps is a glorious beacon of lightMT_mudflaps is a glorious beacon of lightMT_mudflaps is a glorious beacon of lightMT_mudflaps is a glorious beacon of lightMT_mudflaps is a glorious beacon of lightMT_mudflaps is a glorious beacon of light

Army: SPC(CA), Installation Support Command JFTB Los Alamitos, California State Military Reserve
Name: Clint
MT_mudflaps's Tacoma Gallery
Just for clarification sakes this is what I looking for:

... I've got only one on right now, but I don't know how long it'll last because it was salvaged from the first time I put them on my old Tacoma. The other picture shows a mudflap but it had cut down to mount on a welded on post, and it's now too short to put on my '06.
Attached Thumbnails
Montana Taco-mt-flap.jpg   Montana Taco-mt-flap-.jpg  
Old 02-05-2010, 12:41 PM   #45
MT_mudflaps is a glorious beacon of lightMT_mudflaps is a glorious beacon of lightMT_mudflaps is a glorious beacon of lightMT_mudflaps is a glorious beacon of lightMT_mudflaps is a glorious beacon of lightMT_mudflaps is a glorious beacon of light

Army: SPC(CA), Installation Support Command JFTB Los Alamitos, California State Military Reserve
Stenciling on to the factory mudflaps was something I had done, but somehow it just doesn't look the same.
Attached Thumbnails
Montana Taco-pa260015b.jpg  
Old 02-05-2010, 01:16 PM   #46
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
the real montanans here know what you're looking for - it think that post found its way here due to the confusion caused by the sucky search feature pulling up hoards of unrelated threads.
Old 02-05-2010, 04:38 PM   #47

Thanks "MT girl"
Old 02-06-2010, 01:53 AM   #48
Mondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mondwa's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MT_mudflaps View Post
Just for clarification sakes this is what I looking for:

... I've got only one on right now, but I don't know how long it'll last because it was salvaged from the first time I put them on my old Tacoma. The other picture shows a mudflap but it had cut down to mount on a welded on post, and it's now too short to put on my '06.

Yep those are the ones i was talking about. Let me look when i am home and i will send you a pm when i find them
Old 02-06-2010, 09:22 AM   #49

That'd be awesome Michael let me know...

-Clint
Old 02-06-2010, 09:57 AM   #50
Griztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to beholdGriztaco is a splendid one to behold
Griztaco's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys, wish I could make over from ID. I grew up in Missou' and have a lot of family there. I'll see what I can do, but I am almost positive I wont be able to make it over.

I suggest you find a place off of north reserve street as it is easy access from I-90 and easy to find. Fuddruckers, Perkins, Famous Daves, Hooters, or the Montana Club.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:20 AM   #51
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griztaco View Post
Hey guys, wish I could make over from ID. I grew up in Missou' and have a lot of family there. I'll see what I can do, but I am almost positive I wont be able to make it over.

I suggest you find a place off of north reserve street as it is easy access from I-90 and easy to find. Fuddruckers, Perkins, Famous Daves, Hooters, or the Montana Club.
as the sole female of the group i protest meeting at hooters...
Old 02-06-2010, 04:16 PM   #52

Famous Dave's good stuff! (I went to the one in Bozeman when I was up in '08 for the FF testing, and then one got opened down here in Long Beach less than a year later.)
Old 02-06-2010, 07:55 PM   #53

Mondwa's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTgirl View Post
as the sole female of the group i protest meeting at hooters...
Hell yea, U and my wife will get along great.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:43 PM   #54

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.montana-sucks.com/index.html

just stumbled onto this site and thought i would share with everyone. take the time to read through some of the pages - there's some funny stuff on there.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:47 PM   #55

Mondwa's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTgirl View Post
http://www.montana-sucks.com/index.html

just stumbled onto this site and thought i would share with everyone. take the time to ready through some of the pages - there's some funny stuff on there.
Yea i have seen that shirt before. I tell everyone it sucks and they dont want to come there.

Edit this made me laugh: I mean, what are we supposed to do... visit California? P-L-E-A-S-E!
Old 02-06-2010, 10:55 PM   #56

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
keep reading, it gets better

my favorite...The rumors you've heard are NOT true, there is nothing to see here, nothing to do and threats to bodily safety are lurking behind every tree and swimming in every polluted river and lake. The trout and salmon left years ago and can now be found in Canada... go there instead.

The locals are crazy, in-breeding militia types who think that tourists are fair game and hunting season lasts all year. Montana ranks last in education, unemployment, poverty level and every year hundreds of tourists and Girl Scouts are reported missing.
Old 02-07-2010, 08:52 AM   #57

I've seen that site -- funny stuff. It's kinda what I do when people down here ask about the winters and the weather in Montana. I just play it up, "Yup, you're right it something miserable up there -- snow up to your shoulders and forty below eight months outta the year. It pretty much sucks up there... yeah, definitely not worth visit." And, "Yes I'm a M.O.M. card carrying member!"

BTW I like what you did to your signature pic there Lisa -- cool!
Old 02-07-2010, 07:10 PM   #59
kroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
kroggy's Tacoma Gallery
My personal favorite:

Keep Montana beautiful. Send a Californian home on the bus.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:02 PM   #60
Tacfroma
Rooty has much to be proud ofRooty has much to be proud ofRooty has much to be proud ofRooty has much to be proud ofRooty has much to be proud ofRooty has much to be proud ofRooty has much to be proud ofRooty has much to be proud ofRooty has much to be proud ofRooty has much to be proud of

Name: Jesse
Rooty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondwa View Post
Rooty where is a good place to meet for some lunch and a beer that family can go ?
I'm gonna have to say Sean Kelly's. It's an Irish pub. Good food and atmosphere, decent prices and kid friendly as long as we go in the afternoon/early evening. My buddy works in the kitchen and his girl is behind the bar so we will get treated right, just don't embarrass me . Its downtown at 130 West Pine Street, next to the bus station and cop shop.

Products Discussed in this Thread