Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

wyoming tacoma sheridan

Old 01-31-2010, 02:44 PM   #1
wyoming4x4 is on a distinguished road
Marines: corporal and honorable discharge. Wrecker operator, marksman instructor
Name: robert
wyoming4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Talking wyoming tacoma sheridan

Just checkin in from wyoming.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:27 AM   #2
Ray-Gun is a jewel in the roughRay-Gun is a jewel in the roughRay-Gun is a jewel in the rough

Name: Reagan
Ray-Gun's Tacoma Gallery
you got a friend in Jackson
Old 03-20-2010, 09:40 AM   #3
Kmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shedKmoney is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
Kmoney's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray-Gun View Post
you got a friend in Jackson
And a UW student in Laramie, originally from Green River!

Welcome! I thought us Wyoming natives were very underrepresented.
Old 05-03-2010, 04:44 PM   #5
WYOTAC is a jewel in the roughWYOTAC is a jewel in the roughWYOTAC is a jewel in the rough

Name: Joel
WYOTAC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmoney View Post
And a UW student in Laramie, originally from Green River!

Welcome! I thought us Wyoming natives were very underrepresented.
Kelly?

this is Joel P. I didn't know you were a Taco fan. We're representing GR!
Old 07-07-2010, 04:27 AM   #6
Ecapskcab is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Security Forces
Ecapskcab's Tacoma Gallery
Friend here in Cheyenne.
Old 07-18-2010, 05:49 PM   #7
daniel_mickelson is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Name: Dan
daniel_mickelson's Tacoma Gallery
Also in Cheyenne!
Old 09-10-2010, 08:42 AM   #9
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
WY Tacos, help out a neighbor to the north...where do you all go to avoid the tourists in the Jackson area?
I get down there a few times a year and am always ready to go into a full blown fit of road rage when dealing with the crazy tourists driving around - any suggestions where I can go to get away from them and get my tires on some dirt?
Old 01-16-2011, 09:34 AM   #10
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Born in Rock Springs. I'll be back there this summer, cruising all over the wind rivers/ bridger teton in my spare time.

You guys should post some pictures though in the mean time to keep me happy. I miss WY!

As far as escaping Jackson... Head down towards Alpine/Afton or Pinedale/Big Piney. Tons of forest roads in between.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:55 AM   #11
WYOTAC is a jewel in the roughWYOTAC is a jewel in the roughWYOTAC is a jewel in the rough

Name: Joel
WYOTAC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
Born in Rock Springs. I'll be back there this summer, cruising all over the wind rivers/ bridger teton in my spare time.

You guys should post some pictures though in the mean time to keep me happy. I miss WY!

As far as escaping Jackson... Head down towards Alpine/Afton or Pinedale/Big Piney. Tons of forest roads in between.
There's actually some fun stuff to cruise in the Rock Springs area. With all the oil field roads you can go anywhere.

Green River, WY

If you look close you can see my truck out there. East of Rock Springs, near Jim Bridger Power Plant

A rare sighting in this area... water! East of Rock Springs.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:06 PM   #12
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Nice pictures, thank you!
Old 02-10-2011, 10:01 AM   #14

Some of my favorite pictures from last summer.

Sheridan

Big Horns:

Pinedale:
Old 02-14-2011, 09:11 AM   #15
Mr Thundermaker is about to start barking fire!
RCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
hey all. there's a possibility that i may relocate to the Gillette area in a year or two for work. from what i've searched, it seems there's an abundance of OHV areas, parks and trails in the state...are there any around Gillette? Where's the best wheeling in WY? More pictures of the beautiful countryside please! i know you have some brutal winters over there, and the sceenery/wheeling oportunities are starting to become an additional reason to move there.

TYIA!
Old 02-14-2011, 09:17 AM   #16
I phucking hate people >:(
ink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st Civ Div
Name: TACO LOVER
ink junky's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WYOTAC View Post
Kelly?

this is Joel P. I didn't know you were a Taco fan. We're representing GR!

Hello this is Joel L.

Old 02-14-2011, 02:21 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBS View Post
hey all. there's a possibility that i may relocate to the Gillette area in a year or two for work. from what i've searched, it seems there's an abundance of OHV areas, parks and trails in the state...are there any around Gillette? Where's the best wheeling in WY? More pictures of the beautiful countryside please! i know you have some brutal winters over there, and the sceenery/wheeling oportunities are starting to become an additional reason to move there.

TYIA!
Well... Gillette is kind of an oddity as far as land goes. Most of the land is private and there aren't many trails, compared to the rest of the state. The good news is that you're very close to Buffalo, Sheridan, and Sundance. In Buffalo/Sheridan you have access to the Big Horns. I don't know about any hardcore trails but there are definitely lots of dirt roads and plenty of areas to explore. From Sundance to Rapid City, SD there are the black hills and there are tons of roads over there and I know that lots of guys with buggies go run trails there.

Never been to Broadus myself but I imagine there are lots of trails and roads to explore up that way as well.

I also understand that the area around Red Lodge, MT north of Cody has excellent trails in the summer.

Never having lived in Gillette during the winter, only RS, Kemmerer, and Evanston, I understand that Gillette has some more mild winters compared to the rest of the state but yes I imagine it's still rough.

May

July

I've also been told these are some good "jeep trails"

morrison jeep trail

lulu pass

goose lake jeep trail

sawtooth jeep trail

crazy lakes jeep trail

all over the beartooths mountians

benbow jeep trail - montana

and this is a cool site with a lot of Wyo stuff on it
http://getlost4x4.com/
Old 02-14-2011, 03:38 PM   #18
Mr Thundermaker is about to start barking fire!
RCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
Well... Gillette is kind of an oddity as far as land goes. Most of the land is private and there aren't many trails, compared to the rest of the state. The good news is that you're very close to Buffalo, Sheridan, and Sundance. In Buffalo/Sheridan you have access to the Big Horns. I don't know about any hardcore trails but there are definitely lots of dirt roads and plenty of areas to explore. From Sundance to Rapid City, SD there are the black hills and there are tons of roads over there and I know that lots of guys with buggies go run trails there.

Never been to Broadus myself but I imagine there are lots of trails and roads to explore up that way as well.

I also understand that the area around Red Lodge, MT north of Cody has excellent trails in the summer.

Never having lived in Gillette during the winter, only RS, Kemmerer, and Evanston, I understand that Gillette has some more mild winters compared to the rest of the state but yes I imagine it's still rough.

May

July

I've also been told these are some good "jeep trails"

morrison jeep trail

lulu pass

goose lake jeep trail

sawtooth jeep trail

crazy lakes jeep trail

all over the beartooths mountians

benbow jeep trail - montana

and this is a cool site with a lot of Wyo stuff on it
http://getlost4x4.com/
Thanks! Those are some spectacular views. I'll be sure and check out getlost. You all are spoiled out there with trails! There is not one single state ohv area for trucks here in ohio...not one. Fire roads and dirt trails are right up my alley. I don't have the vehicle for the extreme stuff anyways. Looks like extra fuel and emergency overnight supplies are a must for some of that country....excellent! I assume primitive camping is allowed? To me, an awesome weekend would be to spend a day driving out into nowhere, camping, then finding my way back the next day.
Old 02-15-2011, 12:53 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBS View Post
Thanks! Those are some spectacular views. I'll be sure and check out getlost. You all are spoiled out there with trails! There is not one single state ohv area for trucks here in ohio...not one. Fire roads and dirt trails are right up my alley. I don't have the vehicle for the extreme stuff anyways. Looks like extra fuel and emergency overnight supplies are a must for some of that country....excellent! I assume primitive camping is allowed? To me, an awesome weekend would be to spend a day driving out into nowhere, camping, then finding my way back the next day.
Definitely, freak weather can come out of no where. Yep, there are a few areas (wilderness areas etc..) where laws vary, but for the most part you can set up camp anywhere sensible.

That's exactly what you'll find