Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

Sand Lake OR - April 17/18 Camp & Ride

Old 03-12-2010, 10:39 PM   #1
Somewhere on sabbatical
mountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mountainwolfpup's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to mountainwolfpup Send a message via Yahoo to mountainwolfpup Send a message via Skype™ to mountainwolfpup
Talking Sand Lake OR - April 17/18 Camp & Ride

With our successful Mt Hood ride March 6th under our belts I'm yearning for another trip and I know many of you are.. well, with too much snow up on Mt Hood right now I'm suggesting Sand Lake. It's a really fun area. Basically a ton of sand dunes and trails across sand dunes. Great place for newbie 4-weelers and pros as well. This place is along the coast just a few miles South of Tillamook.

Mark your calendars for April 17/18. We'll be there both days so you can come out for the day Saturday or Sunday. Or, join us for some overnight camping at Derrick Road OHV Dispersed Camping Area right there in the dunes (there is no fee for camping there) and we can all kinda circle the wagons.. ughh I mean Tacos.

OK, so who wants to go 4-wheelin with your fellow NorthWest Tacoma World members? Let's get a sign-up going and start planning the fun!

Running Tally - TW Members who've already indicated they are going on this trip (Act NOW, get on the list):
- ocati
- PacNWgen1
- rvcahawaii808
- snowgod06
If you go... you will need:

1. OHV Permit (these are $10 and good in OR for two-years)
2. NW Forest Pass (these are $5 for a day pass, $10 for 5-day, and $30 for an annual pass)
3. Orange flag (or Red) 8"x12" or larger.. can attach to your antenna as long as you get close to 9' off ground.
4. Fire extinguisher (Wallmart sells these for under $10)
Old 03-12-2010, 10:43 PM   #2
UG legend wannabe
snowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
snowgod06's Tacoma Gallery
Hmm i may be interested, got everything but a forest pass. You think maybe florence would be better for a larger area? Sand lake is good tho..Can we make due without the forest pass?
Old 03-12-2010, 10:54 PM   #3
Somewhere on sabbatical
mountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Send a message via AIM to mountainwolfpup Send a message via Yahoo to mountainwolfpup Send a message via Skype™ to mountainwolfpup
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgod06 View Post
Sand lake is good tho..Can we make due without the forest pass?
Yes, you'll need the NW Forest Pass. That covers you for the day use fee and the campground fee. You can pick up day pass versions at Sand Lake, I think they're like $5 or something. (I think I saw a self-registration kiosk??)

You gotta come man. It'll be a blast!

I'm setting a goal of getting 20 TW members to attend this meet. I gotta get a picture of that :-)

Update: Yes, they sell NW Forest Pass day passes there for $5. And apparently you can get a 5-day pass for $10 (but not sure where you get those??)
Old 03-12-2010, 10:58 PM   #4
UG legend wannabe
snowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Well i guess since your twisting my arm ill have to go. Been there once LONGGGG ago, mainly stick to Florence. So add my name to the list and I'll try to help with anything we have to bring. I hope the weathers good, but again this is the NW so either way screw it, LETS RIDE
Old 03-12-2010, 11:06 PM   #5
rvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to all

Name: cameron
rvcahawaii808's Tacoma Gallery
well im obviously down for this. could you just let me know where i need to go to get all these passes?
Old 03-12-2010, 11:08 PM   #6
rvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to allrvcahawaii808 is a name known to all

just read that the flag needs to be 9'. i hope i can find my OEM antenna to stick that to. i changed to a stubby haha. and also...is this strickly 4wd? or am i just going to have to keep my foot on the gas and hope i dont get stuck?
Old 03-12-2010, 11:08 PM   #7
UG legend wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcahawaii808 View Post
well im obviously down for this. could you just let me know where i need to go to get all these passes?
You can google OHV permits and see what place in Corvallis sells them. If knowone does head down 99W to jc and ill go with ya to a place in JC that sells them. And the NW forest pass just get it at sandy when we roll there.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:11 PM   #8
UG legend wannabe

Quote:
just read that the flag needs to be 9'. i hope i can find my OEM antenna to stick that to. i changed to a stubby haha. and also...is this strickly 4wd? or am i just going to have to keep my foot on the gas and hope i dont get stuck?

there not gunan meassure how long it is. If you want again you could pick one up here in JC, there like 7' and when you attach it to your truck you'll clear the 9' easy. I just put mine in the side of my tailgate and just shut it and it stays in. No need to put it somewhere that requires work lol.

And your 2x4 will be fine, near the water is hard packed ground, and there little trails they got around are pretty packed, but the go pedal will be your friend.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:22 PM   #9
Somewhere on sabbatical

Quote:
OK rvcahawaii808, I updated my original post in this thread for you buddy. I popped in some hyperlinks to where you can get the permits you need and also a flag and pole for $12 if you don't want to swap back on your OEM antenna.

BTW- this ride is very pre-runner friendly. Awesome place for your truck, you'll have a blast. I don't even use my 4WD at all. And hey, if you get stuck no biggie - we'll get you pulled free in no time :-)
Old 03-12-2010, 11:25 PM   #10
UG legend wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainwolfpup View Post
- we'll get you pulled free in no time :-)
yup free in no time, but will have to charge ya tho for the service. im thinking a good way to get repaid would be ------->
Old 03-12-2010, 11:25 PM   #11
Somewhere on sabbatical

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgod06 View Post
the go pedal will be your friend.
Hey snowgod06, glad your onboard. Looking forward to seeing your go pedal in action! This certainly is the place for it! Wooohooo.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:31 PM   #12
UG legend wannabe

haha, yea. I wish i could have gone on that gov't camp trip but just pretty far for the day. But since camping is the plan at Sandy, im SOOOOO INNNN.
I'll try to bring our little trailer with some pallets to burn for a little warming fire at night, only thing is i dont really want to leave that unattended anywhere. But we've got time to figure things out, and hey maybe everyone could bring like 4-5 logs and with everyone staying the night we could have enough!!
Old 03-13-2010, 02:33 AM   #13

im so damn excited for this. mad i didnt make the other one. i think camping out would be pretty fun but i dont have a truck tent, and my gf is gonna wanna come and idk what she is going to think about sleeping in the truck haha.
Old 03-13-2010, 09:54 AM   #14
UG legend wannabe

rock a tent man!!! i dont have any room in my truck, nor a top so ima just sleep in a tiny 2 person tent lol
Old 03-13-2010, 10:50 AM   #15
NewHere
PacNWgen1 is on a distinguished road

Name: Adam
PacNWgen1's Tacoma Gallery
Right on! Count me in. I have wanted to go here for a while. This should be a blast. I have some wood to bring for the BAF (Big Ass Fire). One more wagon for the circle!
Old 03-13-2010, 11:10 AM   #16
ocati is a glorious beacon of lightocati is a glorious beacon of lightocati is a glorious beacon of lightocati is a glorious beacon of lightocati is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Ovi
ocati's Tacoma Gallery
sand lake

Im down. We take our atvs there quite often and was planning on coming next week anyhow.. so see u there guys Peaceee
Old 03-13-2010, 02:00 PM   #17

yeah. if i decide to sleep over i'll probably go to costco or something and find a small tent
Old 03-13-2010, 05:31 PM   #18
Faryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mic
Faryota's Tacoma Gallery
I'll see if I can make too!! I have to change some work things around!