Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

seatle/tacoma

Old 03-14-2010, 11:49 PM   #1
commander101
jason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant future

Army: 2-16in/ 2-3in
jason1kyle's Tacoma Gallery
seatle/tacoma

any tacoma guys in the seatle tacoma area i'm redeploying ina few months and lookin for some guys to go offroading with just wondering where some good places are and such i know of an orv park down south off of I-5 and i know some spots on Ft. lewis when i get back i'm gonna lift it and get put on my headers and get some tires then i will be ready to go thanks
Old 03-15-2010, 06:45 AM   #2
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in the area.

Reiter is closed, Tinkham could be fun in the snow. Tahuya is always a fun time. Haven't been to Capital forest yet though.
Old 03-15-2010, 07:55 AM   #3
tuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tuckr2's Tacoma Gallery
ATV trails and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason1kyle View Post
any tacoma guys in the seatle tacoma area i'm redeploying ina few months and lookin for some guys to go offroading with just wondering where some good places are and such i know of an orv park down south off of I-5 and i know some spots on Ft. lewis when i get back i'm gonna lift it and get put on my headers and get some tires then i will be ready to go thanks
Hi Jason,
Good luck and keep safe on your deployment. Below is a link of some of the trails available in your neck of the woods. While I didn't buy my rig to specifically go 4wheeling, I thought you might be able to use the info. I am sure you can find enough buddies to get out and have some fun.
I have been a volunteer for the State Dept. of Fish and Wildlife on Ft. Lewis for almost 25 years. Part of the Pheasant release program on the West side of the mountains. When you get back, if interested in hunting Ft. Lewis don't hesitate to drop me a note. The season lasts from the last week of September through Thanksgiving weekend. We release almost 6000 birds a year on the Ft.
Also, through Pheasants Forever, Ft. Lewis Northwest Adventure Center, and Wa. State Dept. of Fish and Wildlife volunteers we sponsor a trap shoot and barbeque on Ft. Lewis (typically in August) for junior hunters. If you know of troops that want to bring their kids out, even if they are deployed we can still assist the families in this event. Everything is free including the use of the range, shotguns, shells, safety training, and lunch.
good luck. Ken

http://www.atv-riding.com/scripts/th...FQP7agod4FU1UA

http://www.nmaoffroad.org/orvtrail.htm

(Location Of Washington ATV Trails Available To Subscribers)
Old 03-15-2010, 10:46 AM   #4
commander101
jason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant future

thanks guys yeah i want to look into hunting on lewis never hunted phesant but i'm up for shooting and eating just about anything atleast ones lol
Old 03-15-2010, 10:52 AM   #5
tuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tuckr2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason1kyle View Post
thanks guys yeah i want to look into hunting on lewis never hunted phesant but i'm up for shooting and eating just about anything atleast ones lol
We'll get you hooked up with someone with dogs. We all love have someone hunt with us as this allows most of us to work our dogs even more. We especially welcome GI's because they are what keeps the good ole USA safe.

See you when you get back. Drop me a note and I will send you all the information you will need to hunt the Fort. Ken
Old 03-15-2010, 10:53 AM   #6
commander101

thanks yeah my dog isnt trained to hunt lol just fetch and protect the family
Old 03-15-2010, 04:03 PM   #7
eschonle is a jewel in the rougheschonle is a jewel in the rougheschonle is a jewel in the rough

Name: eric
eschonle's Tacoma Gallery
hey man, west seattle here
I've got stock suspension and tires, but if it's a mellow trail i'm down!
Old 03-16-2010, 10:26 AM   #8
commander101

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschonle View Post
hey man, west seattle here
I've got stock suspension and tires, but if it's a mellow trail i'm down!
hey if not then u get stuck and u get pulled out lol
Old 05-11-2011, 11:52 AM   #9
YotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: FMC 25th BSB
Name: Brian
YotaMan2007's Tacoma Gallery
i'll probably end up out there after basic and ait. who knows we might end up running into each other there.
Old 11-26-2011, 10:34 AM   #10
When you blow off steam you get an eyepatch
YFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Machinery Technician
Name: Moe
YFZ450MOE's Tacoma Gallery
I'm trying to get out there this summer, I'm up for transfer this summer and threw down all wa and or places. I'll need some wheeling partners when the time comes!
Old 11-30-2011, 07:20 PM   #11
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilted Chiken View Post
Haven't been to Capital forest yet though.
I've been out there 3 times and I haven't found anything unless you have a quad.
Old 12-06-2011, 11:41 PM   #12
Greenhatter is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenhatter is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenhatter is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenhatter is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenhatter is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenhatter is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenhatter is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenhatter is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenhatter is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenhatter is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenhatter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Greenhatter's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma

Hey man, I work on Lewis. I keep lookin for meets in WA but I seem to have a hard time finding them. The holidays are gonna be busy but weekends starting in Jan I'd be interested in doing some trails or something.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:30 AM   #13
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenhatter View Post
Hey man, I work on Lewis. I keep lookin for meets in WA but I seem to have a hard time finding them. The holidays are gonna be busy but weekends starting in Jan I'd be interested in doing some trails or something.
I think it's just timing - December is tough. I need to get out but have been too busy
Old 03-20-2012, 10:39 PM   #14
When you blow off steam you get an eyepatch
YFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Machinery Technician
Name: Moe
YFZ450MOE's Tacoma Gallery
I'll be here permanently in June! Need a wheeling buddy also! I'll be living in auburn.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:40 PM   #15
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
I know there quite a few guys around your area, and want to do wheeling trips. I live far north so I haven't been able to try and make it down there. There is a washington meet thread I made awhile back, there are tons of guys who posted in there who are in your area.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:54 PM   #16
Nuggety

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster46 View Post
I know there quite a few guys around your area, and want to do wheeling trips. I live far north so I haven't been able to try and make it down there. There is a washington meet thread I made awhile back, there are tons of guys who posted in there who are in your area.
psh, I started avoiding that because it was all talk and no do, with about 3 guys who posted up AFTER they got back from a trip and didn't tell anyone. Forster, I know you are trying super hard, but you are herding cats.

We've got a pretty good community in the Oregon/Washington BS thread, and we do occasional trips. Unfortunately, the majority of the guys are in Portland and there's not much in terms of us meeting them in the middle - long drive for either side. Still, the summer TSF meet is coming up, and it can't be missed. CAN NOT!

If you want something more local or need a supplement, the FJ Cruiser forum has a great group up here that gets out pretty regular.

Another really great site that has built at tremendous speed within less than 2 months is the gitout.com forum. There's trips planned just about every weekend, it's freakin nuts!
Old 03-21-2012, 12:35 PM   #17
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Im on the eastside and often and up on the old logging roads a little past Northbend to play in the woods and shoot. Tinkham rd is a fun place to go explore for some light duty stuff, before that there is the trails near the fire training center.