The Official Montana Meet Thread

View Poll Results: Pick a weekend for the meet
June 5th and 6th 0 0%
June 12th and 13th 7 58.33%
June 26th and 27th 3 25.00%
other - tell us when 2 16.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-22-2010, 03:00 PM   #1
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up The Official Montana Meet Thread

Calling all Montanans - Since a few of us are interested in trying another meet let's get things going by figuring out when. If a weekend in June sounds good let us know what you think. I'm going to guess that the 19th/20th would be bad - Father's day and all. And by June the mountains should be good and clear, lots of choices of where to go.

so its set, June 11, 12, & 13 at Seeley Lake -Big Larch Campground. Group site B is reserved for us!

Those attending (confirmed) so far

1 rhys-glacier
2 Mondwa- Flathead
3 MTgirl - gallatin

4 memario1214 - Silver Bow
5 SupraT - Flathead
6 MontanaYoter - Gallatin
7 MontanaTaco - Gallatin

and the "undecideds"
TacoIII - Cascade
Chadwick - Hill
Bobcat - Gallatin

and the no-go's

Rooty
YOTA
Kroggy
rcbs204
JimmyJohn
Old 04-22-2010, 04:27 PM   #3
rhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: helo electrician
rhys's Tacoma Gallery
subscribed. yay im the first voter. so far i have no plans for that time period. anything works for me
Old 04-22-2010, 05:21 PM   #4
rhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rhys's Tacoma Gallery
does any one think a mod day would be useful or pointless? kinda too spread out eh?
Old 04-22-2010, 06:12 PM   #5
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhys View Post
does any one think a mod day would be useful or pointless? kinda too spread out eh?
are you volunteering to install my new suspension?
Old 04-22-2010, 06:29 PM   #6
Mondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Mondwa's Tacoma Gallery
Any of those days are good for me. Just let me know.
Old 04-22-2010, 06:41 PM   #7

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondwa View Post
Any of those days are good for me. Just let me know.
are you sure...did you check with your wife first?
Old 04-22-2010, 06:49 PM   #8
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTgirl View Post
are you volunteering to install my new suspension?
I would definitely be down for that... I am always willing to help out. Though I know nothing about suspension work...
Old 04-22-2010, 06:50 PM   #9
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
I picked the 12th and 13th. But it really shouldn't really matter much if you give me enough heads up.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:20 PM   #10
kroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
kroggy's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed. I'll do my best to make it happen.
Old 04-23-2010, 06:54 AM   #11
Mondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shedMondwa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Mondwa's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTgirl View Post
are you sure...did you check with your wife first?
Yes Mam she said any of those were a go
Old 04-24-2010, 07:09 AM   #12
Tebow Apologist
Bobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bobcat's Tacoma Gallery
If its in Bozeman, I would make an appearance.
Old 04-24-2010, 08:14 AM   #13

rhys's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
I would definitely be down for that... I am always willing to help out. Though I know nothing about suspension work...
x2 exactly
Old 04-24-2010, 08:31 AM   #14

rhys's Tacoma Gallery
so far it seems the 12th-13th rules by majority....even though there is only 4 people to vote. id take the responsibility to set up the meet but ive only lived here since last summer so i know jack about the area and trails. what all does everybody want to do at a meet? should we meet at a bar and grill, somebodys house, etc. or should we just meet at a trail head? do we have any bill burkes to help better our skills? is this a day thing or does anyone want to camp? maybe a bad time to camp, the bears are hungry right? what type of trails does everyone want to run? im not really afraid of trying new things or challenges, but im also new to offroading so id love to get experience in all areas. is this helping or making it too complicated?
Old 04-24-2010, 02:27 PM   #15

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
x2 exactly
Wait...I'm confused...x2 that you want to help or x2 that you know nothing? Don't think I want a bunch of novices tearing my truck apart...no offense!

But I do have a guy lined up to help with the work. He's an excellent mechanic and I know he will do a good job. He's just a little slow and I know that once everything gets here I will be ready to get things put together right away.
Old 04-24-2010, 02:30 PM   #16

rhys's Tacoma Gallery
x2 that im unexperienced with technical things like that. but im mechanically inclined.
Old 04-24-2010, 02:30 PM   #17

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
so far it seems the 12th-13th rules by majority....even though there is only 4 people to vote. id take the responsibility to set up the meet but ive only lived here since last summer so i know jack about the area and trails. what all does everybody want to do at a meet? should we meet at a bar and grill, somebodys house, etc. or should we just meet at a trail head? do we have any bill burkes to help better our skills? is this a day thing or does anyone want to camp? maybe a bad time to camp, the bears are hungry right? what type of trails does everyone want to run? im not really afraid of trying new things or challenges, but im also new to offroading so id love to get experience in all areas. is this helping or making it too complicated?
ONE QUESTION AT A TIME!!!!
I was thinking of making this more of a ride day - great time of year for it - if everyone is up for that. As far as where - I've been trying to think of a good area to head to. Most of the places I know are in southwest Montana and all have campgrounds nearby so camping could be an option if anyone wants to make a weekend out of it. Suggestions anyone?
Old 04-24-2010, 02:35 PM   #18

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
x2 that im unexperienced with technical things like that. but im mechanically inclined.
Ahhh, OK

Alternate meet/mod day
Where - my driveway
When - TBD / immediately upon arrival of my shocks and leaf packs
BYOT - that's "bring your own tools", I have a limited selection available here

Kidding btw...
Old 04-24-2010, 02:36 PM   #19
kroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
kroggy's Tacoma Gallery
I'm definitely down for a bit of rallying on the gravel somewhere, and maybe a little bit of technical stuff. But if we go somewhere, we might as well have a location to meet at in the morning on Saturday, 8-10 ish, (preferrably with gas, cuz we should all have a full tank, and probably a can), do a little meeting and greeting, then head out for a day on the roads. Get to a campground say 6-7'ish for some dinner ( & drinkin! I would hope!) spend the night. Then possibly have a morning session for those that want to, and those that don't can head home.
Old 04-24-2010, 02:38 PM   #20

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kroggy View Post
I'm definitely down for a bit of rallying on the gravel somewhere, and maybe a little bit of technical stuff. But if we go somewhere, we might as well have a location to meet at in the morning on Saturday, 8-10 ish, (preferrably with gas, cuz we should all have a full tank, and probably a can), do a little meeting and greeting, then head out for a day on the roads. Get to a campground say 6-7'ish for some dinner ( & drinkin! I would hope!) spend the night. Then possibly have a morning session for those that want to, and those that don't can head home.
exactly what i was thinking. If I have the time later I will post a couple of maps of the areas/roads I was thinking about.