Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

Portland/Seattle/Vancouver... What to do?

Old 05-16-2010, 03:47 PM   #1
Rand Paul 2016
Chad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Chad's Tacoma Gallery
Portland/Seattle/Vancouver... What to do?

What is there to do in the Portland, Seattle and Vancouver areas? I believe I will going sometime in either the last week of July or the first couple weeks of August. So what are some good tourist spots or places I need to see. I think I going to get to Crater Lake and Mt. Saint Helens while I'm there.
Old 05-16-2010, 04:22 PM   #2
tuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tuckr2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadmb2003 View Post
What is there to do in the Portland, Seattle and Vancouver areas? I believe I will going sometime in either the last week of July or the first couple weeks of August. So what are some good tourist spots or places I need to see. I think I going to get to Crater Lake and Mt. Saint Helens while I'm there.

Well, can't speak too much for Canada with exception of Victoria is great stuff for tourists. In the Seattle area there is Mt Rainier, Mt. St. Helens, Puget Sound, Pikes Place Market, Seattle Music Experience, Tacoma Art Museum to name a few.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:19 PM   #4
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
in seattle you can go see jimi hendricks grave. lots of hiking up where i live. outdooors activities are aplenty
Old 05-16-2010, 08:28 PM   #5
Tacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacodog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: SSG HHC 4/9 6th INF Div Scout Platoon Sgt.
Name: Ron
Tacodog's Tacoma Gallery
Seafair. Aug. 7-8.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:47 PM   #6
Modified Glamper Extraordinaire
Digiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Location: Exploring the Pacific NW including ID, MT, WYO & CO
Digiratus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thats a long drive from NC, are you flying in to PDX or Seatac? If you have your Tacoma, and like to get off the pavement with it, that time of year there are many, many options available. Love to hook up and show you some.

If its the rental car thing, as mentioned by others, highly recomend a drive up to Mt Rainier NP. That drive is one of those must see, once in a lifetime things. From Vancouver/Portland, a drive up the Columbia River Gorge is very easy and definately worth it. From Vancouver you'll be close to the coast. The Oregon coastline is spectacular.

How long are you going to be in the area?
Old 05-17-2010, 05:15 AM   #7
Rand Paul 2016
Chad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Chad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digiratus View Post
Thats a long drive from NC, are you flying in to PDX or Seatac? If you have your Tacoma, and like to get off the pavement with it, that time of year there are many, many options available. Love to hook up and show you some.

If its the rental car thing, as mentioned by others, highly recomend a drive up to Mt Rainier NP. That drive is one of those must see, once in a lifetime things. From Vancouver/Portland, a drive up the Columbia River Gorge is very easy and definately worth it. From Vancouver you'll be close to the coast. The Oregon coastline is spectacular.

How long are you going to be in the area?
I'm assuming PDX is the Portland airport, so yeah that's where we will most likely be flying too. We will be getting a rental car of some sort. I plan on heading down to Crater Lake and catch the Oregon coast on the way back. Then head up to Mt. Saint Helens and Rainer on my way to Seattle and Vancouver. We'll probably be there for about a week.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:53 AM   #8
tuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tuckr2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm assuming PDX is the Portland airport, so yeah that's where we will most likely be flying too. We will be getting a rental car of some sort. I plan on heading down to Crater Lake and catch the Oregon coast on the way back. Then head up to Mt. Saint Helens and Rainer on my way to Seattle and Vancouver. We'll probably be there for about a week.

If your heading up the Oregon coast there's some awesome dunes. Great places to ride (unfortunately you don't have your truck). You can rent ATV's though. and of course some great viewing along both the Oregon as well as Washington coast line.
Old 05-17-2010, 04:29 PM   #9
BSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BSPDX's Tacoma Gallery
Check out Multnomah Falls(spectacular hike)... McMenamins(best micro brew)... Ski Bowl(bungie jumping & bobsleds)... Waterfront(brew,rose & blues festivals)...
Old 05-17-2010, 07:28 PM   #10
????????????
225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed

225nontypical's Tacoma Gallery
it depends on what you like to do. are you a hiker, do you like to camp, do you like to fish? there are lots of outdoors things and if you like to fish make sure you take a day to go sturgeon fishing! sturgeon are huge not to expensive to go on a fishing trip for and if you go for over-sized you are fishing for 6+ foot fish they can get 12+ feet so think about hooking into one of those. lots of other good ideas from the other members. if you like wine there are a ton of wineries around here to. Seattle you got to go the the space needle good luck have fun.
Old 05-18-2010, 01:20 PM   #11
Black Mamba 2007 is on a distinguished road

Marines:
Name: Datrick
Black Mamba 2007's Tacoma Gallery
Just hope you don't come if there is a heatwave.....Last year was brutal.
Old 05-18-2010, 03:10 PM   #13
Silver06Taco is on a distinguished road
Silver06Taco's Tacoma Gallery
You've got to specify which Vancouver you're talking about too...LOL...I'm assuming it's Vancouver, B.C. and not Vancouver, Washington. Just had to say that since I live in Vancouver, WA.

Multnomah Falls is definitely a cool site. It's about 30-45 minutes East of Portland. Mount St. Helens is great too, today being the 30th anniversary of the eruption. Many of the beaches are only a couple hours drive from the Portland area.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:51 AM   #14
WRECKLESS for Life...
Wreckless_71 will become famous soon enough

Law Enforcement: Reserve County Sheriff
Name: Justin
Wreckless_71's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I live 45 minutes north of Portland (kelso) right at the foot of Mt. St. Helens, for sure get up there and check it out. They just spend a ton of time and money re-vamping the displays in the Visitor centers. Up there you can take heli rides around the mountain. Head out to longbeach/seaside if you wanna go to the coast. Multnoma Falls is an awesome site to see and hike if you don't mind doing it. If you go to seattle, flip off any huskies you see (I'm a Coug) and definitely eat at Dicks! Check out the Seattle music experience (the building is designed like a melted guitar) and the space needle is a pretty obvious one. Oh and go see my buddy Leroy at his PIMP shop for cheap suits lol. Watchout for bums. Holy Cow I almost forgot, if you're in SW washington the last week of July AMA motocross is at Washougal if you are into MX at all. Also there should be some county fairs (Clark and Cowlitz) going on.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:56 AM   #15
scottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottri's Tacoma Gallery
I do a lot of Scuba diving and if you are a diver there is some great spots in the Seattle area. Golf is pretty good and cheap in the area. A lot of outdoors stuff that has been mentioned. Some good white water rafting in the White Salmon area of the Columbia River Gorge, hell just driving through the Gorge is nice. The drive between Portland and Seattle isn't very interesting but if you stop at Mt. St. Helens that is pretty awesome to see.
Old 05-28-2010, 04:10 PM   #16
Rand Paul 2016

Chad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottri View Post
I do a lot of Scuba diving and if you are a diver there is some great spots in the Seattle area. Golf is pretty good and cheap in the area. A lot of outdoors stuff that has been mentioned. Some good white water rafting in the White Salmon area of the Columbia River Gorge, hell just driving through the Gorge is nice. The drive between Portland and Seattle isn't very interesting but if you stop at Mt. St. Helens that is pretty awesome to see.
Yeah we plan on driving to Mt. St Helens. Believe or not we plan to drive from Seattle down the coast to San Fran and back in a week . Also we plan to see Crater Lake and some of the red woods in NorCal. I am an avid golfer and would love to golf but it wouldn't work well into our schedule.