Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

driving to alaska during the winter

Old 05-31-2010, 01:20 PM   #1
commander101
jason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant future

Army: 2-16in/ 2-3in
jason1kyle's Tacoma Gallery
driving to alaska during the winter

I was wondering if anyone knows how bad the roads get from washington to alaska? I understand that it would be due to weather but i'm looking on at an average winter if the roads would be fine to travel on. I'm assuming that they would all be highways and interstates so they should get plowed but not sure once I get father north into the backwoods how they would be. Any help would be awesome. Thanks
Old 05-31-2010, 01:26 PM   #2
commander101
jason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant futurejason1kyle has a brilliant future

Army: 2-16in/ 2-3in
jason1kyle's Tacoma Gallery
bumb
Old 05-31-2010, 04:12 PM   #3
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
which route do you plan on taking? drove the alcan myself a few years back, in the summer, from MT to AK.
Old 05-31-2010, 06:44 PM   #5
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
http://milepost.com/index.php?option...tpage&Itemid=1
anyone traveling that way for the first time swears by the milepost - lots of info there, hope it helps.