Northwest Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > North West

Notices

OR/WA TSF picture thread

Old 06-27-2010, 02:08 PM   #1
UG legend wannabe
snowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
snowgod06's Tacoma Gallery
OR/WA TSF picture thread

Well I'll start off with the few i got before my camera died.
Thanks to eric(relentlesstaco), mike(Chickenmunga), anton(all.on.black), tim(timicha), russel(russelzilla), and Jim from TTORA

This is a video, click it to watch it!!

Old 06-27-2010, 05:17 PM   #2
Toy_Yota is a splendid one to beholdToy_Yota is a splendid one to beholdToy_Yota is a splendid one to beholdToy_Yota is a splendid one to beholdToy_Yota is a splendid one to beholdToy_Yota is a splendid one to beholdToy_Yota is a splendid one to behold

Name: Shaun
Toy_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like it was a lot of fun. Really wish i could have made it. Next time i guess.
Old 06-27-2010, 06:31 PM   #3
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Daaaayum! Nice pics man. Some of the angles of the shots give them a pretty sick look. And no wonder the camera died... that was a lot of pics.

Anyways, I just got home so I'll get my pics on my computer, then upload to Photobucket and link em onto here.
Old 06-27-2010, 07:39 PM   #4
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Uploading like 80 pics right now.... I'll post the good ones, and put a link to the Photobucket folder if anyone cares to take a peek at the rest of em.
Old 06-27-2010, 07:50 PM   #5
UG legend wannabe
snowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

shit, 80 pics. That's a lot . How was the drive back? On the way home i was thinking about the best part of the trip, and that was you saying "fuck the hummer" when you hauled ass up that hill climb. HAHA
Old 06-27-2010, 08:08 PM   #6
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
Good God I just about had a vw beetle plow right under me here on the way back from pizza hut (someone needed to tell him the road is ahead, not BEHIND). Kinda funny watching his eyes go face-level at the bumper and his body go rigid.

Anyway, I have a few to crop up and then I'll link 'em up.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:40 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgod06 View Post
shit, 80 pics. That's a lot . How was the drive back? On the way home i was thinking about the best part of the trip, and that was you saying "fuck the hummer" when you hauled ass up that hill climb. HAHA

The drive back was pretty good, except for almost rear ending a semi truck on hwy97. I was cruising up on him in a passing lane, when all of a sudden he decides to pass the other semi he had been following and begins to move over and looks in the mirror at the last second, I slam on my brakes (im doing a good 20mph faster than him), he vaguely acknowledges I am there by pausing in his merge, but then continues. He then took the entire rest of the passing lane to get by the other truck, even forcing the other trucker to brake and stick to the shoulder a little at the end of the passing lane as the guy crams his truck into the lane right in front of the other trucker. Freaked me out initially, then pissed me off to see what he did to both me and the other semi truck driver.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickenmunga View Post
Good God I just about had a vw beetle plow right under me here on the way back from pizza hut (someone needed to tell him the road is ahead, not BEHIND). Kinda funny watching his eyes go face-level at the bumper and his body go rigid.

Anyway, I have a few to crop up and then I'll link 'em up.
hahaha... he was probably like
Old 06-27-2010, 08:57 PM   #8
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
Ding pics are done!

Rob & Ken showing me how Iron Chef does breakfast in the woods

Jim from TTORA

WARNING: Objects in mirror are happier than they appear

Tim wouldn't stop with that goofy face even after I put the camera away

TacomaWorld family photo

MUDFLAP!
Old 06-27-2010, 09:04 PM   #9

Alright, here's some pics.... A few failed to upload so i've got a dozen or so of Archer's still loading....

Odell lake along the drive there:

The group at camp ready to go:

University Firepower:

Cedar tree trail:

Firebreak #4 w/Anton and Jim. The tightest place i've ever had my truck. I had to fold my mirrors in to squeeze between some trees, and knudged 2 with my front bumper. Anton even managed to bump one of his double cab doors on a tree and dent/scrape it a little.

Fire Break #5 w/ Anton and Jim

Mike drove into a ditch and almost rolled his truck right at the top of Firebreak 5.

A sick little 'yota truggy that we watched go through a rock garden on the top of Firebreak 5

Archer's Firebreak at the end of the very day with only me and Mike, and Robert and Ken riding along

Old 06-27-2010, 09:36 PM   #11
UG legend wannabe

HAHAHA mike almost had an EPIC fail. But what a good time.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:37 PM   #12
all.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shedall.on.black is one of the sharper tools in the shed

all.on.black's Tacoma Gallery
Ill post some photos and videos once I upload everything. I had fun. We should go again sometime.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:43 PM   #13

Here's the rest:
More Archer's Firebreak

Here's a tough section of Archers we came upon with a couple Hummers trying to make it up. After many attempts, yells from the spotters, mud terrain tires, and F&R lockers they finally made it. Then it was my turn. No lockers, and no spotting necessary.

Made it up so quick, Robert was complaining he didnt hardly have a chance to snap any pics!
Vids of the next section after Mike bypassed that last climb. Robert, gotta say man, your video taking skills could improve.

Mike's turn:

Old 06-27-2010, 09:46 PM   #14
UG legend wannabe

dont judge my vid skillz. I ran my way up that whole trail and tried to keep it steady as im trying to catch my breath. You just couldnt wait ONE minute
Old 06-27-2010, 09:49 PM   #15

Quote:
dont judge my vid skillz. I ran my way up that whole trail and tried to keep it steady as im trying to catch my breath. You just couldnt wait ONE minute
yeah, I know man, I'm just givin ya a hard time since I have an opportunity.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:53 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyweed View Post
Man that looks like fun!
That it was! Next meet?
Quote:
HAHAHA mike almost had an EPIC fail. But what a good time.
Yeah, he made it up the upper section of the trail through all the rocks and trees, then almost rolls it while trying to park it! Definitely a great time up there. Woulda been better if a few more had come though....
Quote:
Originally Posted by all.on.black View Post
Ill post some photos and videos once I upload everything. I had fun. We should go again sometime.
Sounds good man, it was great meeting you guys. You've got the sickest truck around. Let me know what you decided on getting a front bumper from me once you talk it over with the wife. And we definitely need to get another group together to do some more trails up there. I think you would have really liked Archer's firebreak that Mike and I did after you left. Its probably my favorite trail out there.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:55 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton View Post
Awesome pics!! Any bad carnage?
Not really, it was a pretty good trip in that aspect. Anton (all.on.black) did manage to scrape his wheels a decent amount while navigating up Firebreak 5, and dent/scrape the driver's side double cab door a little on a tree on Firebreak 4, but it wasnt too bad. I got a little rock rash on my wheels too.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:56 PM   #19
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Dependant  (Father had 24 yrs on the Eisenhower, Ordinance Officer)
Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
Not really, it was a pretty good trip in that aspect. Anton (all.on.black) did manage to dent/scrape the driver's side double cab door a little on a tree but it wasnt too bad.
Good to hear, yall went through some narrow spots on that trail.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:57 PM   #20
UG legend wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton View Post
Good to hear, yall went through some narrow spots on that trail.
they did a triple black, thats HELLA narrow. I was surprised as hell.