Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   North West (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/north-west/)
-   -   URD fuel pump Upgrade (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/north-west/238836-urd-fuel-pump-upgrade.html)

jarhead0313 09-11-2012 07:19 PM

URD fuel pump Upgrade
 
Hi all. I was looking for some help to install the URD fuel pump upgrade this Sat. As soon as this mod is in I will get my truck on a dyno. They custom tuned by Unichip and agian on the dyno. So we can see some real #'s as to how much the Unichip helps.
I would be willing to drive withing a 100 miles of portland if you can't come to my house, and of course buy the beer and food.
Thanks

jarhead0313 09-12-2012 01:05 PM

Bump

gdry06 09-12-2012 06:31 PM

hey bro,
i'd be willing to help if your looking to do it later during the day as ill be camp till saturday morning.

jarhead0313 09-12-2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gdry06 (Post 5682887)
hey bro,
i'd be willing to help if your looking to do it later during the day as ill be camp till saturday morning.

I could really use the help, thanks. PM my #

gdry06 09-12-2012 08:52 PM

Got any info on install steps?

jarhead0313 09-12-2012 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gdry06 (Post 5683807)
Got any info on install steps?

Ya i bought the kit from URD and it comes with detailed instructions. It is nice, in addition to pumping more fuel it also adds an external filter so you don't have to get into the tank agian to change the filter.

jarhead0313 09-12-2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gdry06 (Post 5683807)
Got any info on install steps?

What is your beer of choice, so I can get stocked up?

gdry06 09-12-2012 09:20 PM

im open to all.

anyone else wanna join in on the fun?

KalamaKid 09-12-2012 11:32 PM

When are we doing this? Need any tools? Volt meter etc?

jarhead0313 09-13-2012 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KalamaKid (Post 5684466)
When are we doing this? Need any tools? Volt meter etc?

I am free all day Sat so anytime u guys can come over works for me. As far as tools, the instructions call for a transmission jack to drop the fuel tank witch I dont have so if u have one that would be great . Favorite beverage?

J88logue 09-13-2012 08:30 AM

I don't know shit about that! Otherwise i'd help ;)

Chickenmunga 09-13-2012 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J88logue (Post 5685402)
I don't know shit about that! Otherwise i'd help ;)

If they have the space and you have the time, you can always go and learn... might be a mod you want to do in the future or parts of the truck you might want to know more about ;) I'm interested in hearing more, my truck has had some weird mornings where it wouldn't start at all and I'm thinking it's fuel pump related... happens rarely so I haven't been too concerned, but this upgrade might be what I'm looking for

J88logue 09-13-2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chickenmunga (Post 5685681)
If they have the space and you have the time, you can always go and learn... might be a mod you want to do in the future or parts of the truck you might want to know more about ;) I'm interested in hearing more, my truck has had some weird mornings where it wouldn't start at all and I'm thinking it's fuel pump related... happens rarely so I haven't been too concerned, but this upgrade might be what I'm looking for

That is a good point sir! :thumbsup:

I was under the impression that part was only for someone with a supercharger!
EDIT* I did some research online, it's recommended you do not use an aftermarket fuel pump if you have stock injectors because you will see no benefit and it will be a waste of money "URDUSA.com"
http://www.urdusa.com/Fuel-Upgrades-...duct_info.html
So really no bene for me cuz i'll never had a supercharger me thinks

EDIT* Also looked into the "Chip"

http://www.unichip.us/vehicle/vehicl...ota-Tacoma-34L

"Add's up to 19.5hp & 28.8ft-lb" "With two different mapping high/low"

$500.00

all.on.black 09-13-2012 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarhead0313 (Post 5684585)
the instructions call for a transmission jack to drop the fuel tank

Just run the tank dry. Drive around until the light comes on and then another 20 miles after that. You'll be able to pull it off without a tranny jack. You can also use two car jacks to lower and raise it back up.

503TRD 09-13-2012 12:30 PM

I'd love to come and watch and do what I can to help! But I gotta work on trailers all weekend :/

04LTtacoma 09-13-2012 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarhead0313 (Post 5684585)
I am free all day Sat so anytime u guys can come over works for me. As far as tools, the instructions call for a transmission jack to drop the fuel tank witch I dont have so if u have one that would be great . Favorite beverage?

I may drop by just to BS. lol

jarhead0313 09-13-2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04LTtacoma (Post 5687806)
I may drop by just to BS. lol

The BS is half the process!

Chickenmunga 09-13-2012 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J88logue (Post 5685782)
That is a good point sir! :thumbsup:

I was under the impression that part was only for someone with a supercharger!
EDIT* I did some research online, it's recommended you do not use an aftermarket fuel pump if you have stock injectors because you will see no benefit and it will be a waste of money

Good to know, thanks!

jarhead0313 09-13-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chickenmunga (Post 5689544)
Good to know, thanks!

Without the SC u might not benifit from the new fuel pump but u will with the external fuel filter. This kit enables u to put the fuel filter outside the tank so it can easily be changed out. That problem of ur truck starting could be because of a clogged fuel filter. Just food for thought.

Beast Mode 09-13-2012 10:42 PM

I'd down to come thru and check out your rig and BS. I have to help a buddy move later in the day, what time were you thinking?


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:03 PM.