1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Boise area/outskirts, Opinions?

Discussion in 'North West' started by Siebler, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Jan 2, 2013 at 12:20 PM
    Siebler

Siebler [OP] Duck Killing Machine

Member:
    First Name:
    CJ
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    99 Long Travel 5 lug, 01 Tundra 4wd
    TC LT Front, F67 on 12" shackle, LCE Underdrive Pulley, Flex-a-lite fan, DT headers, Super 44 muffler, 4:11's and Aussie Locker, 22 Gallon Fuel Cell, Beard seats, sliders, bed cage
    Anybody around here in the outskirts and areas surrounding Boise? Wife and I are headed up in April to look over areas to start searching for a ranch. Looking to be out of CA and up there within 2 years.

My buddy moved up to Twin Falls last year and is not with the Sherrifs there but I think we want to be closer to Boise probably. I have looked mainly at Mountain Home due to the amount of open space and availability of properties at lower cost (looking for 50-100+ acres, more the better if in price).

Anybody in these areas have any advice on where ot look when we come up? Where not to look? Want something that is going to be close to the things we need yet not in the city. Emphasis on hunting areas (especially waterfowl) and fishing as well since that is my industry.

Thanks for any help!

2. Jan 7, 2013 at 9:35 AM
    Siebler

Siebler [OP] Duck Killing Machine

Member:
    First Name:
    CJ
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    99 Long Travel 5 lug, 01 Tundra 4wd
    TC LT Front, F67 on 12" shackle, LCE Underdrive Pulley, Flex-a-lite fan, DT headers, Super 44 muffler, 4:11's and Aussie Locker, 22 Gallon Fuel Cell, Beard seats, sliders, bed cage
    Somebody has got to live up there, I know it by seeing peoples locations under names. No help?

I know that a lot of folks up there dont like Californians but we are about as far from Californian as you can be while still living here. I work in the outdoors industry and run a non-profit for wounded vets to take then into the outdoors for therapy. My life revolves around hunting and fishing. California isnt the place for us at all especially with the sized ranch we are looking for and what we want to do with it.

Any help would be appreciated. Wife and I have got to get out of here to have somewhere I actually want my kids to grow up.

3. Dec 2, 2013 at 7:41 AM
    Chargin18

Chargin18 Adult Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Salisbury, NC
    Vehicle:
    07' Regular cab DeBadged
    Stereo system, off-road lights, roll bar, HID kits, Hyperion Led Bar, 3 inch lift, custom satoshi grill, 31 10.50/R15, black rims, 5% tint, custom built headlights. paint matched grill, 1.25" wheel adapters.
    Mountain home is really nice, I'm in the Boise/treasure valley area. Nice here but mountain home is nice especially if you like wheeling

4. Jan 20, 2014 at 5:18 PM
    BradyT88

BradyT88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    You should come check out the Idaho BS thread. We have a few Boise guys, though I'm not sure how much they can help you with finding property, but they at least know the area.

5. Jan 20, 2014 at 6:58 PM
    tacomakid96

tacomakid96 Lions Not Sheep

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    Out n' about
    Vehicle:
    1996 Tacoma / 2000 4.7 Tundra TRD

Love mountains home, Also the Twin Falls area has some really great country.

6. Jan 20, 2014 at 7:12 PM
    IDtrucks

IDtrucks Unhinged and Fluid

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    96' X-Cab 4x4 TRD Off Road Clusterfuck
    JVC Deck, 10" sub mountd in rear seat cubby, 2 LED off road lights mounted in grille, amber raptor style grille lights, LED rock lights, square led bed light, custom made fuse block tray, 12 blade Blue Sea fuse block, 100a marine circuit breaker, black plasti dipped full grille, tinted tail lights + third, Uniden 520 with 4' firestik, Bilstein 5100s with 620lb Eibach coils, Diff drop, Chevy 63 leaf swap, TG creeper joints, 14" triangulated biletein 5125s, 8" extended steel braided brake line, TG Rock Sliders, CBI Moab 1.0 front bumper, custom fabbed bed rack, full TRD E-Locker axle swap and matching re-gear with custom stand alone wiring circuit, 29 spline pinion flange from an 06 wishbone runner, tubbed for 35x12.5" general grabbers on Ultra type 181 wheels, crush sleeve eliminator, Mini ARB compressor, front ARB locker, garage fab aluminum front skid plate, custom built high clearence rear bumper, removable mothafuckin doors
    This thread is a year old haha

7. Jan 20, 2014 at 8:44 PM
    BradyT88

BradyT88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    God damn it who bumped this! haha

8. Jan 20, 2014 at 8:49 PM
    ramonortiz55

ramonortiz55 Not A Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ramon
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB Offroad 4x4
    stock
    My girl is in the wendell area

9. May 21, 2014 at 9:31 PM
    Utard

Utard Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Nyssa, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2012 DC LB 4WD TRD SPORT NAVI
    ------------------------------------------------------------ Stabilus.EZDown.Tailgate http://www.ezdown.com/home.php ----------------------------------------------- Tekonsha.Primus.IQ.Trailer.brake http://www.tekonsha.com/content/default.aspx---------------------------------------------------------------- Leer 180 CC http://www.leer.com/Truck-Caps#------------------------------------------------ Firestone Air Rite Air Bags--------------------------------------Kargomaster Rack
    Ever find a place? I just got a place with 80 acres in Nyssa, Oregon. That is in the western part of treasure valley. Nice area.

Products Discussed in

To Top