Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   North West (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/north-west/)
-   -   Western WA dealership recommendations? (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/north-west/260939-western-wa-dealership-recommendations.html)

Slyder 01-31-2013 12:39 PM

Western WA dealership recommendations?

I'm strongly considering purchasing a new Tacoma and am curious if people here have strong recommendations (or dis-recommendations) for specific dealers in western WA. I searched already and was unable to find any relevant results.

Dealers located between Bellevue and Mount Vernon are what I'm interested in.

Thanks in advance,
- Chris

penguins_cc 01-31-2013 03:07 PM

Michael's was not bad. Spiffy looking dealership, good selection with fairly decent service.

I wasn't impressed with Burien Toyota's selection but they were nice enough folks.

Tacodog 01-31-2013 05:21 PM

Use the internet sales manager.

Rellikcro 02-19-2013 07:04 PM

I know it is a little ways south of where you are looking but I really like Doxon Toyota in Auburn. They were extremely nice, patient, and made sure I was happy with the purchase both prior and after.

MRJ 03-19-2013 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rellikcro (Post 6466753)
I know it is a little ways south of where you are looking but I really like Doxon Toyota in Auburn. They were extremely nice, patient, and made sure I was happy with the purchase both prior and after.

Seconded...

They've taken great care of me in the year since I bought. They got toyota to approve my clutch replacement (tomorrow morning) despite the tsb not extending to 2012s and slippage just starting to show.

Fightnfire 03-19-2013 10:47 PM

I've never purchased a vehicle but had a few service things done at Rodland in Everett. They were nice and seemed good, also had a good selection.

I bought mine from Wilson Toyota in Bellingham, they were really good.

Beavis0076 03-20-2013 03:32 PM

^ ive bought 3 trucks from Rodlands.. great dealership. and the tax rate is much less up there than around Seattle.. saved quite a bit. Worked with Rob Olson on all 3 purchases.

Forster46 03-20-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguins_cc (Post 6364676)
Michael's was not bad. Spiffy looking dealership, good selection with fairly decent service.

I wasn't impressed with Burien Toyota's selection but they were nice enough folks.

My mom worked at michaels for years. Great place.

OffroadToy 03-20-2013 08:38 PM

Bought my first new vehical at Michaels in Bellevue (1988 4Runner.) They were great to deal with back then.

Beavis0076 03-21-2013 12:12 PM

Michaels is where we take out trucks for service.. good place.. but buying new there prices are very high.

kn61408 04-23-2013 04:28 PM

Maybe a little south of where OP wants to shop, but Toyota of Puyallup was very good to me. Good service, friendly, and decent prices. Went out of their way to find my 09 DCLB TRD Sport a couple of years ago. Couldn't be happier, and I live just south of Bremerton.

uncleART 08-03-2013 08:36 PM

I know this is an older thread, but I just ran across it.
My first 2 brand new Toyotas came from Toyota of Kirkland - I liked them.

But, my Tacoma came from Toyota of Lake City. Amazing. Blew TOK out of the water. I went through a Internet Sales Mgr. I did my homework - so my expectations were proper going into negotiations. I Highly recommend them.

Zber 08-08-2013 11:01 AM

I went to Larson Toyota in Tacoma. Overall I was happy w the customer service.

Dudeguesswhat 08-08-2013 11:09 AM

I'll second Wilson Toyota in Bellingham, they are very good to work with.

10Key 08-08-2013 05:48 PM

Bought my '11 from Toyota of Kirkland, pricing was fine, paid what we wanted. Their service department on the other hand is garbage, went there for the last time last week. Will be taking my truck to Micheal's or local shop going forward.

uncleART 08-08-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10Key (Post 7270960)
Bought my '11 from Toyota of Kirkland, pricing was fine, paid what we wanted. Their service department on the other hand is garbage, went there for the last time last week. Will be taking my truck to Micheal's or local shop going forward.

I bought from TOK in 2006 and had great service from them in the first few years. But something has changed. I haven't been very impressed over the last year or so. I was very happy with Lake City. I had a bunch of maint done on the Corolla.

There are around 20 employees there that all came over from TOK. There obviously was a problem to cause a mass exodus.

Scamper 08-30-2013 08:36 AM

Burien Toyota has increased their lot size and thus their selection. What they don't have they will get very quickly. Just bought my third truck from them. See Paul, the Internet manager, for a very low key transaction.

penguins_cc 08-30-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scamper (Post 7364673)
Burien Toyota has increased their lot size and thus their selection. What they don't have they will get very quickly. Just bought my third truck from them. See Paul, the Internet manager, for a very low key transaction.

They were a nice group of folks. I did my first test drive at that location. We tried to buy the truck through them but Michael's had the DCLB Timberland Mica in stock I was so looking for and they did not match Michael's. I did kind of feel bad about taking my business to Michael's but Michael's is just down the road from me. Back in those days, I thought it would be beneficial to have a dealership service department close by :spy: