1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rhino Lining and wheels!!

Discussion in 'Northern California' started by Marty Mcfly, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Sep 8, 2010 at 7:55 AM
    Marty Mcfly

Marty Mcfly [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jud
    Bay Area California
    Vehicle:
    2010 SR5 "Super White" 4x4 V6 6speed manual
    whats up people!!

Just picked up a new Taco 2010 super white double cab v6 6 speed 4x4 on sunday! couple of questions....

1. thinking about going for the rhino lining in the truck bed...anyone have any pros or cons about it? have any of you had it done?

2. I have stock 16'' wheels. Looking to get some 17''s but dont wanna lose too much of the smooth street driving feel. any suggestions? Was also thinking about getting my stock 16'' wheels powder coated.

Thanks!

2. Sep 8, 2010 at 7:56 AM
    Jester243

Jester243 all I wanted was a god dang picture of a hotdog...

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Trail Premium 4Runner w/ KDSS
    some of this, a little of that
    Wow for a sec there I read you were going to rhino line the wheels. I need more coffee.

3. Sep 8, 2010 at 8:18 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I thought the same thing with that title.

There are a lot of folks who have debabted/done the liner in the bed. I don't see the point...but if you like it...go for it.
    Powder coat will be cheaper than new wheels...Paint will be cheaper than that. All sorts of options-What kind of look are you going for??

4. Sep 8, 2010 at 11:54 AM
    Marty Mcfly

Member:
    First Name:
    Jud
    Bay Area California
    Vehicle:
    haha @ Dan. More coffee is needed indeed. Or maybe I need to work on my titling skills lol.

@Brunes- As far as the look, I was thinking some type of black wheel. not sure if i want shiny black or matte black. I def. dont want chrome.

5. Sep 8, 2010 at 12:14 PM
    JasoTaco

JasoTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    ToyTec Ultimate 3" Lift -TSB Rear springs - TRD Cold Air Intake - TRD Skid Plate - Total Chaos Upper Control Arms - 2 Hella Rallye 4000 lights (130W Bulbs) - Clear Bra - Under Coat - Bed extener - Toyota Bed Mat - Weathertech floor mats - Tailgate hose clamp & washer mod - PIAA Fog Lights - ScanGauge II - Beefed Sliders - Differential Breather Mod - Heated Seats - All-Pro Bumper - Warn M8000 Winch with wireless controls - Boztec Diff Skid - ATO skids
    If I were you I'd just get a Toyota bed mat and call it good.

What are you planning on hauling that you think you need to Rhino line the bed?

Save your money on the bed liner and have the underside of your truck treated for rust prevention while your truck is new and rust free.

6. Sep 8, 2010 at 1:32 PM
    Marty Mcfly

Member:
    First Name:
    Jud
    Bay Area California
    Vehicle:
    @ jason-

Thats a good idea. I will be heading to tahoe and yosemite alot during the winter. plus ocean salt air too...how much do you think that would run me and where could i get something like that done? thanks bud

7. Sep 8, 2010 at 2:14 PM
    JasoTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    ToyTec Ultimate 3" Lift -TSB Rear springs - TRD Cold Air Intake - TRD Skid Plate - Total Chaos Upper Control Arms - 2 Hella Rallye 4000 lights (130W Bulbs) - Clear Bra - Under Coat - Bed extener - Toyota Bed Mat - Weathertech floor mats - Tailgate hose clamp & washer mod - PIAA Fog Lights - ScanGauge II - Beefed Sliders - Differential Breather Mod - Heated Seats - All-Pro Bumper - Warn M8000 Winch with wireless controls - Boztec Diff Skid - ATO skids
    I had mine treated by the dealer when I bought the truck, I think it was a couple hundred bucks. I bet you could find a shop in your area that could do it cheaper.

I'm also a big fan of the 3M rubberized undercoating spray (can be purchased at AutoZone), I've gone back and touched up some areas under the truck that I felt needed some extra protection.
    [​IMG]

8. Sep 8, 2010 at 3:06 PM
    Marty Mcfly

Member:
    First Name:
    Jud
    Bay Area California
    Vehicle:
    @jason-

Thanks dude! Also i noticed you have a TRD cold air. hows the install and notice a difference in sound and performance? Skid plate an easy install?

Thanks! BTW- your taco looks awesome!!!

9. Sep 8, 2010 at 4:48 PM
    JasoTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    Thanks I really appreciate it. (all about the super white :)
    The TRD cold air intake did give a little better throttle response, the sound it makes is awesome! It roars when you want it to and isn’t annoying the rest of the time. A lot of people don’t think the TRD cold air is worth the price but for me I’d buy it again. The TRD skid plate you could install with your eyes closed.

Products Discussed in

To Top