Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Rhino Lining and wheels!!

Old 09-08-2010, 07:55 AM   #1
Marty Mcfly is on a distinguished road
Name: Jud
Marty Mcfly's Tacoma Gallery
Rhino Lining and wheels!!

whats up people!!

Just picked up a new Taco 2010 super white double cab v6 6 speed 4x4 on sunday! couple of questions....

1. thinking about going for the rhino lining in the truck bed...anyone have any pros or cons about it? have any of you had it done?

2. I have stock 16'' wheels. Looking to get some 17''s but dont wanna lose too much of the smooth street driving feel. any suggestions? Was also thinking about getting my stock 16'' wheels powder coated.

Thanks!
Old 09-08-2010, 07:56 AM   #2
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Wow for a sec there I read you were going to rhino line the wheels. I need more coffee.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:18 AM   #3
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester243 View Post
Wow for a sec there I read you were going to rhino line the wheels. I need more coffee.
I thought the same thing with that title.

There are a lot of folks who have debabted/done the liner in the bed. I don't see the point...but if you like it...go for it.
Powder coat will be cheaper than new wheels...Paint will be cheaper than that. All sorts of options-What kind of look are you going for??
Old 09-08-2010, 11:54 AM   #4
haha @ Dan. More coffee is needed indeed. Or maybe I need to work on my titling skills lol.

@Brunes- As far as the look, I was thinking some type of black wheel. not sure if i want shiny black or matte black. I def. dont want chrome.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:14 PM   #5
JasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
JasoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
If I were you I'd just get a Toyota bed mat and call it good.

What are you planning on hauling that you think you need to Rhino line the bed?

Save your money on the bed liner and have the underside of your truck treated for rust prevention while your truck is new and rust free.
Old 09-08-2010, 01:32 PM   #6
@ jason-

Thats a good idea. I will be heading to tahoe and yosemite alot during the winter. plus ocean salt air too...how much do you think that would run me and where could i get something like that done? thanks bud
Old 09-08-2010, 02:14 PM   #7
JasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I had mine treated by the dealer when I bought the truck, I think it was a couple hundred bucks. I bet you could find a shop in your area that could do it cheaper.

I'm also a big fan of the 3M rubberized undercoating spray (can be purchased at AutoZone), I've gone back and touched up some areas under the truck that I felt needed some extra protection.

Old 09-08-2010, 03:06 PM   #8
@jason-

Thanks dude! Also i noticed you have a TRD cold air. hows the install and notice a difference in sound and performance? Skid plate an easy install?

Thanks! BTW- your taco looks awesome!!!
Old 09-08-2010, 04:48 PM   #9

Thanks I really appreciate it. (all about the super white :-)
The TRD cold air intake did give a little better throttle response, the sound it makes is awesome! It roars when you want it to and isn’t annoying the rest of the time. A lot of people don’t think the TRD cold air is worth the price but for me I’d buy it again. The TRD skid plate you could install with your eyes closed.