Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Eagle Lakes Trip - October 9 - 11

Old 09-12-2010, 10:46 PM   #1
stroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
stroM-'s Tacoma Gallery
Eagle Lakes Trip - October 9 - 11

Alright guys, with all the interest to Eagle Lakes i figured i would make it official.

October 9, 10, and 11

The Eagle Lakes Trail is a scenic four wheel drive tour through rocky terrain and dense forests. Early in the spring the trail can be very wet making for quite a challenge in some spots.

Directions:
Take highway 80 east towards Reno. Exit at Eagle Lakes road near Donner Summit. Go north under the freeway and follow the road around to the west. Turn north across the road from the Indian Springs campground. Follow the trail a short distance to the staging area.

Gas Up:
Get gas in Cisco Grove.

GPS Coordinates:
Trailhead: N39° 19.895 W120° 34.363

What to expect:
Beautiful views, Great trails, Camping, Fishing, Campfire

Requirements:
You must be a 4x4 to run this trail. With a stock vehicle you can make it through with some careful spotting. Rock sliders are not needed but will help with a few sections. Be sure to bring the proper recovery gear as we will be out there for a few days and if your sh*t breaks, have the tools to fix it.

Pictures:
The trails is generally easy with a few obstacles to negotiate.

There is a bypass at this section if you dont want to face the "Driveshaft Hill"

Depending on time of year and snowmelt, the river may be too deep to cross.

There are a few ledges along the way, but nothing a stock vehicle couldn't handle.

Going in from the staging area, the left fork will take you down to the river and to some excellent camping spots.

We can figure out all the final details like if we want to do a pot luck or what time we will meet up saturday later... Post up if your coming! Going to be an awesome time!

Official List: Red: Confirmed
stroM- (Jason) + The Pops - Camping Saturday & Sunday
JLee (Jerry) + GF maybe - Only for the day Saturday
senna (Troy) - Just Saturday and some of Sunday
w3tw0rks (Alvin) - Camping Saturday & Sunday
FJ4 Tahoe (John) - NorCalFJ's - Only for the day Saturday

sierrahsky (Josh) + GF, Brother-in-Law & Sister
Old 09-12-2010, 11:04 PM   #2
quattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bruce
quattrokiwi's Tacoma Gallery
probably won't make it, grapes are dragging this year. All the whites are slow and reds are about normal, so the shits going to hit the fan all at once. I can see me not have a day off in Oct
Old 09-12-2010, 11:04 PM   #3
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Probably in. I'll let you know for sure closer to the date.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:22 PM   #4
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in, is anyone bringing there girl friends My girl wants to go but she don't want to be the only chick out there.

Also are we going to be running a convoy up the trail if so where is the meeting point?
Old 09-12-2010, 11:39 PM   #5
stroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

stroM-'s Tacoma Gallery
^my gf is probably not coming but yours is more than welcome. Meeting place with probably be the trail head gps coordinates. Either that or a local gas station. I'll have to scope it out on google maps.

Bruce,
Bummer you can't make it! If anything changes let me know. Would be great to have you and Joy (pretty sure thats her name. Sorry if it's not I'm not the greatest with names) out there! Even if it is just for the day
Old 09-12-2010, 11:58 PM   #6
quattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bruce
quattrokiwi's Tacoma Gallery
yeah you remembered right, its Joy.

Will let you know if anything changes, if something works out it will be the Sunday. Unless it raining
Old 09-13-2010, 01:46 AM   #7
05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ken
05sctaco's Tacoma Gallery
Was just there 2 weeks ago, not in the truck but hiking.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:13 AM   #8

stroM-'s Tacoma Gallery
^ Bring the truck this time!
Old 09-13-2010, 08:48 PM   #9
senna is a splendid one to beholdsenna is a splendid one to beholdsenna is a splendid one to beholdsenna is a splendid one to beholdsenna is a splendid one to beholdsenna is a splendid one to behold
senna's Tacoma Gallery
I was really wanting to do this, when I told the wife, she said have a good time. then ten min later, she says, that's the weekend we are going camping with my brother . maybe next time.
When I was looking at travel time to eagle lake it was like six and a half hours from my house
Old 09-14-2010, 10:44 AM   #10
Expedition Style
sierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
sierrahsky's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to sierrahsky
So myself, my girlfriend and hopefully my brother in law and sister should be going. This is only 30 minutes from my house so I doubt we wont be able to make it. The only thing is I am on call that week so hopefully nothing goes wrong LOL.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:57 AM   #11

stroM-'s Tacoma Gallery
^ Sounds good! Added to the list. I was checking the pics out in your gallery... You should definitely bring the huskies. Absolutely beautiful dogs man!
Old 09-14-2010, 11:01 AM   #12

stroM-'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by senna View Post
I was really wanting to do this, when I told the wife, she said have a good time. then ten min later, she says, that's the weekend we are going camping with my brother . maybe next time.
When I was looking at travel time to eagle lake it was like six and a half hours from my house
Bummer! Re-Schedule with the brother

And i just googled it for you, its only 3 1/2 hours for you...

Google doesn't recognize if you put "eagle lakes, ca" You have to put the GPS coordinates.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:12 AM   #13
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
So does everyone plan on camping the weekend?
Old 09-14-2010, 11:21 AM   #14
Expedition Style
sierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroM- View Post
^ Sounds good! Added to the list. I was checking the pics out in your gallery... You should definitely bring the huskies. Absolutely beautiful dogs man!
I always bring them, thats why we live in the mountains! lol. I take them up to boca lake ( just about 20 minutes or so ) near this trip location. During the winter they get around 4-6 feet of snow. Thats literally why I got the taco and why I picked the mods I have done so far. It would be pretty cool to do a winter trip there also!
Old 09-14-2010, 11:21 AM   #15
Expedition Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
We are going to just sleep in the truck but may have to leave a little early cause of work.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:24 AM   #16
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierrahsky View Post
We are going to just sleep in the truck but may have to leave a little early cause of work.
Early Sunday or Monday?
Old 09-14-2010, 11:25 AM   #17

stroM-'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
I'm definitely camping saturday and sunday night. Took monday off so im good to go

Signal peak is close by as well as fordyce, so we will have plenty or day trip trails we can go on. Not to mention a little fishing too
Old 09-14-2010, 11:33 AM   #18
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm definitely camping saturday and sunday night. Took monday off so im good to go

Signal peak is close by as well as fordyce, so we will have plenty or day trip trails we can go on. Not to mention a little fishing too

Nice i planed on staying until Monday i just wanted to make sure there is other people to head out with. You know it would suck to be the go out alone and break something on the way out.

I will however have my lift installed so I feel a little better about clearance and it will be a perfect weekend to test out the new billies.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:52 PM   #19
senna is a splendid one to beholdsenna is a splendid one to beholdsenna is a splendid one to beholdsenna is a splendid one to beholdsenna is a splendid one to beholdsenna is a splendid one to behold
senna's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Bummer! Re-Schedule with the brother

And i just googled it for you, its only 3 1/2 hours for you...

Google doesn't recognize if you put "eagle lakes, ca" You have to put the GPS coordinates.
Jason
Thanks for the directions, I was entering Eagle Lake CA.
I wish I could go, but no.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:31 AM   #20
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
So the GF is in and her friend maybe.

Do we have a meeting time at the trail head? Also i might have a buddy come as he's got a Wrangler but the more the marry-er.