Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Gun laws

Old 09-14-2010, 07:08 PM   #1
Ammo guy is a glorious beacon of lightAmmo guy is a glorious beacon of lightAmmo guy is a glorious beacon of lightAmmo guy is a glorious beacon of lightAmmo guy is a glorious beacon of light

Air Force: AMMO
Ammo guy's Tacoma Gallery
Gun laws

So I just got orders to Beale AFB (Marysville). And I have a few guns that are questionable in Cali. Does anyone out there know where I can review the gun laws. Or if there is a waiver for military getting stationed in Cali
Old 09-15-2010, 01:01 AM   #3
05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ken
05sctaco's Tacoma Gallery
+1 i'm a member
Old 09-15-2010, 01:19 PM   #4
jdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jdtemple's Tacoma Gallery
calguns.net is the place for answers, please search through the 2nd amendment forum and you should find out anything you want to know. A couple of quick pointers.

Do not bring any magazine into this state that can hold 11 rounds or more.
Do not bring any listed "Assault" weapons into this state, do not bring any unlisted assault weapons into this state unless they conform to the AW flow chart on calguns.net
Don't bring anything cool such as a Taurus Judge, short barrel shot gun (Under 18" barrel), or Short barrel rifle (under 16" barrel) into this state.
There are also minimum length requirements on rifles.

Being that your orders are moving you here, I would do a little more checking on gear and mags that you will bring from base to base.

Buy anything you want now, once you get to CA you can only buy handguns from the doj roster. some 1911's are known to fetch way more above retail if they can be sold in california. PPT (private party transfers) are exempt from the roster.

good luck.