Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Hey Cali folks!

Old 09-19-2010, 08:20 AM   #1
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Cali folks!

Im considering a road trip thru your crazy State, and am concerned about the gun laws. Any idea what agency I can contact to get clarification?
Old 09-19-2010, 08:22 AM   #2
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
atf
Old 09-19-2010, 08:25 AM   #3
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
atf
GAH!! I should have thought of that. Thanks
Old 09-19-2010, 08:30 AM   #4
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think California honers any state's CCW's

Here is a site you can find out info about the gun laws http://www.calgunlaws.com/
Old 09-19-2010, 08:34 AM   #5
Mall Krawler
coppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Travis
coppert's Tacoma Gallery
It's only illegal if you get caught! J.K. Here is the state site on gun laws/info...

http://www.ag.ca.gov/firearms/
Old 09-19-2010, 08:37 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by coppert View Post
It's only illegal if you get caught! J.K. Here is the state site on gun laws/info...

http://www.ag.ca.gov/firearms/

LOL!! I thought about that too.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:03 AM   #7

So...According to that link, I can carry a pistol, as long as its locked up.....Nice...I didnt realize the criminals out there allowed for time to unlock, and load the weapon. I think I need to call and talk to someone..
Old 09-19-2010, 09:05 AM   #8
senna is a splendid one to beholdsenna is a splendid one to beholdsenna is a splendid one to beholdsenna is a splendid one to beholdsenna is a splendid one to beholdsenna is a splendid one to behold
senna's Tacoma Gallery
No concealed carry
When in the car, weapon must be locked in trunk, if in a truck or suv, weapon must be in a locked carry case separate from amo.
10 rd max on magazines
AR's must have a fixed 10 rd mag, NO dropping mags
AR'S must be off list. There is a list of the original assault weapons ban, most of the later off brand lowers get around the list, talk about your loop holes.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:09 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by senna View Post
No concealed carry
When in the car, weapon must be locked in trunk, if in a truck or suv, weapon must be in a locked carry case separate from amo.
10 rd max on magazines
AR'S must be off list. There is a list of the original assault weapons ban, most of the later off brand lowers get around the list, talk about your loop holes.

Hmm.....Thats BS.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:12 AM   #10
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by senna View Post
No concealed carry
10 rd max on magazines
You can open carry in a car as long as the ammo is out of arms reach. I carry my pistol with me all the time unloaded in the center console. I was pulled over one time I just placed my hands on the window seal and told the officer as he walked up I have a unloaded pistol right next to me. No ticket no problem he just ran my name and told me to have a nice day.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:15 AM   #11

Maybe I'll just wear a Cowboy hat, and carry my .44 mag.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:16 AM   #12
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Old 09-19-2010, 09:17 AM   #13
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Im considering a road trip thru your crazy State, and am concerned about the gun laws. Any idea what agency I can contact to get clarification?

It's pretty simple Chris, no concealed weapons (unless you have a permit to do so) , no loaded weapons in any vehicle , I think you can have a pistol in the vehicle but the clip must be stowed away in the trunk I believe, so you don't flip out from all the shitty drivers here you're going to encounter (also, no ammunition in proximity of pistol ) & oddly enough you CAN have a rifle &/or shot gun in the vehicle with you (not loaded of course) but the rifle rounds/shotgun shells can be in the vehicle with you still I think unless they changed that law too...

OOPS see I shoulda read above , they did change that law, srry dude my bad
Old 09-19-2010, 09:18 AM   #14
senna is a splendid one to beholdsenna is a splendid one to beholdsenna is a splendid one to beholdsenna is a splendid one to beholdsenna is a splendid one to beholdsenna is a splendid one to behold
senna's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
You can open carry in a car as long as the ammo is out of arms reach. I carry my pistol with me all the time unloaded in the center console. I was pulled over one time I just placed my hands on the window seal and told the officer as he walked up I have a unloaded pistol right next to me. No ticket no problem he just ran my name and told me to have a nice day.
This is the first paragraph from the above link

Traveling with Firearms in California

HANDGUNS

California Penal Code section 12025 does not prevent a citizen of the United States over 18 years of age who is not lawfully prohibited from firearm possession, and who resides or is temporarily in California, from transporting by motor vehicle any pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person provided the firearm is unloaded and stored in a locked container.
The term "locked container" means a secure container which is fully enclosed and locked by a padlock, key lock, combination lock, or similar locking device. This includes the trunk of a motor vehicle, but does not include the utility or glove compartment. For more information, refer to California Penal Code Section 12026.1.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:27 AM   #15
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
You might have gotten lucky. The center console and glove boxes were definite no-nos. http://www.calccw.com/Forums/general...ornia-faq.html
Old 09-19-2010, 09:49 AM   #17
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
why the need to carry????
Old 09-19-2010, 09:52 AM   #18
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
why the need to carry????
why not?
Old 09-19-2010, 09:56 AM   #19
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: RM/ET2(SS) veteran
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php
Old 09-19-2010, 10:34 AM   #20
jdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jdtemple's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch aka View Post
From a long time LEO friend, as long as it in a approved locked case with the ammunition stored separately, a loaded magazine can be considered a loaded gun if they are in the same case.
ABSOLUTELY FALSE.

There is no California Definition regarding the container itself, only the fact that it has to have a key or combo lock. you can transport in any case as long as it can be secured with some sort of lock described. If you can find me a definition of "Approved locked case" in CA law, please post a link.

From the CHP Website regaurding ammo and same container.

"I will be traveling to California and want to carry my weapon. I currently have a concealed weapon permit. How can I legally transport my weapon while driving through the state?
California law does not recognize concealed weapon permits from other states; therefore, they would not be held valid. If you wish to transport a handgun during your California visit, it should be carried unloaded in a locked container. In the absence of a suitable container, you may secure the unloaded handgun in the locked trunk of a passenger car. Ammunition may be kept in the same container or trunk, but the handgun must remain unloaded with no rounds in the cylinder and no loaded magazines in the magazine well. "

Also google People VS Clark to read about case law about what is considered loaded. http://www.hoffmang.com/firearms/People-v-Clark-%281996%29.pdf

http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/in...p/Transporting

I am not a lawyer, I just think I know stuff about CA gun laws, so please do your own research.