Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

FYI - Cow Mountain

Old 09-26-2010, 06:39 PM   #1
quattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bruce
quattrokiwi's Tacoma Gallery
FYI - Cow Mountain

So i hit a trail at Cow Mountain this afternoon, and was surprised to see they have been clearing trails, I only got brushed about twice and it didn't scratch anything, just soft pine trees.

So you guys that had a bad experience last year, shouldn't rule it out.

Any how I want to run it again this coming Sunday and explore some other trails.

Anybody want to join me for a bit of fun, also prerunners don't even think about putting your hands up, these trails are not 2wd friendly.
Old 09-27-2010, 03:50 PM   #2
No matter where you go there you are.
taco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Galen
taco084gb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by quattrokiwi View Post
So i hit a trail at Cow Mountain this afternoon, and was surprised to see they have been clearing trails, I only got brushed about twice and it didn't scratch anything, just soft pine trees.

So you guys that had a bad experience last year, shouldn't rule it out.

Any how I want to run it again this coming Sunday and explore some other trails.

Anybody want to join me for a bit of fun, also prerunners don't even think about putting your hands up, these trails are not 2wd friendly.
Hey Bruce long time no talk too. Ya that sounds like a good idea. Im hopin that I can make this. So far nothing on the calendar and Kel and I both would be up for it. Let me know what time. If its this hot next wknd, hopefully we can make it early.
Old 09-27-2010, 03:56 PM   #3
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco084gb View Post
Hey Bruce long time no talk too. Ya that sounds like a good idea. Im hopin that I can make this. So far nothing on the calendar and Kel and I both would be up for it. Let me know what time. If its this hot next wknd, hopefully we can make it early.
Grrrrr... Can't wait till next year! I'm dying to get my scout running and up on some of these trails.
Old 09-27-2010, 04:29 PM   #4
quattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shedquattrokiwi is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Great, so I'm thinking early is good with me too, and yes this Sunday the 3rd. I wasn't planning on making a whole day out of it, just explore a new trail or two and take whom ever on the one Joy and I did. Hopefully they have been clearing other trails.

I will warn you there was one little arse pucker moment ( well for Joy in the passenger seat) when we had a about a 150 ft drop off the passenger side and the trail was maybe a foot wider than my truck and off camber

Edit: I will have a chainsaw with me just incase its too tight for your pretty second gens
Old 09-27-2010, 09:50 PM   #5
w3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alvin
w3tw0rks's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like fun man but gotta save gas money for the Eagle Lakes trip. Have fun!
Old 09-28-2010, 10:25 AM   #7
taco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Great, so I'm thinking early is good with me too, and yes this Sunday the 3rd. I wasn't planning on making a whole day out of it, just explore a new trail or two and take whom ever on the one Joy and I did. Hopefully they have been clearing other trails.

I will warn you there was one little arse pucker moment ( well for Joy in the passenger seat) when we had a about a 150 ft drop off the passenger side and the trail was maybe a foot wider than my truck and off camber

Edit: I will have a chainsaw with me just incase its too tight for your pretty second gens
HAHA. I gotta take care of it, still not paid for. And unlike you I dont need any puncture wounds to it yet. So ya this sounds good to me.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:37 AM   #8
Quote:
Hey Alvin what Eagle Lake do you speak of? Is it in Northern Cali? And near what town?
This one:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/nor...er-9-11-a.html
Old 09-28-2010, 02:29 PM   #10
Quote:
HAHA. I gotta take care of it, still not paid for. And unlike you I don't need any puncture wounds to it yet. So ya this sounds good to me.
I don't have any puncture wounds in my truck, just multiple pinstripes.

Ask Kev and travis about puncture wounds
Old 09-28-2010, 02:35 PM   #11
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Yea yea.. doesn't even matter anymore, I messed up my fenders even more after this past wheeling trip so I will eventually be getting glass.
Old 09-28-2010, 04:56 PM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337Taco View Post
Yea yea.. doesn't even matter anymore, I messed up my fenders even more after this past wheeling trip so I will eventually be getting glass.
Don't get me wrong, wasn't poking fun at your ability to put holes in your truck, Its just nice to actually see a truck used for what it was built for once in a while.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:29 PM   #13

Quote:

Wasnt it your work truck that had the hole in it from the fork lift or something? I remember the pic but cant find it.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:12 PM   #15
stroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
stroM-'s Tacoma Gallery
I'll probably be up to meet with you guys for Sunday. I'll keep you posted. Should know more info by the end of the week.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:23 AM   #17
Quote:
Hey Bruce found the Pic of your Work truck. Sorry. Wasnt your regular truck. So hopefully we wont get any of these.
i Totally forgot that happened, I'm pretty sure cow won't have any backblades hidding in the long grass.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:33 PM   #19
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
If Jason goes I might role with him, but most likely won't bring my truck.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:40 PM   #20
stroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
stroM-'s Tacoma Gallery
As of right now it looks like im in. Probably just going to be me.. and maybe Kevin if he gets his ass up in the morning to ride up there with me.