Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Hollister Hills - This Saturday 11/20/2010 - 0900 Hours

Old 11-15-2010, 11:10 PM   #1
Motivator
YayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Police Caller
YayAreaTaco0311's Tacoma Gallery
Hollister Hills - This Saturday 11/20/2010 - 0900 Hours

I'm planning on hitting up Hollister this Saturday.

Who: anyone that wants to wheel, regardless if they have a Taco or not
What: off-roading fun & possible lunch
Where: assemble at McDonalds parking lot on Airline Hwy. (reference point: across from Safeway)
When: 0900 hours @ McDonalds parking lot, will take-off for Hollister Hills SVRA @ 0930 hours

Word is it might rain on that day.

*EVENT SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR POSSIBLE CANCELLATION*

So far I'm the only one that wants to go. If you're interested or if it's a "maybe" just leave a word.

1) Yayareataco0311

okthanksbye.
Old 11-16-2010, 08:21 AM   #2
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
it's a maybe.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:27 AM   #3
jdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jdtemple's Tacoma Gallery
Tagging for updates. I am considering this.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:29 AM   #4
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I'll be working on my truck this weekend, sorry. I think Jason and I might try to get one going for the beginning of December as well. Have fun and be safe out there.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:16 AM   #5
rsxftw is a glorious beacon of lightrsxftw is a glorious beacon of lightrsxftw is a glorious beacon of lightrsxftw is a glorious beacon of lightrsxftw is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Tyler
rsxftw's Tacoma Gallery
Chalk me up on the maybe list.

I was just there last weekend, and got stupid muddy! Took forever to clean so ill just get dusty this time around if i make it down there haha.
So if theres rain ill most likely stay back.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:44 AM   #6
Motivator
YayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yeah if it rains too much then I might call it off. My very first time at Hollister Hills, it was raining and it was almost impossible to off-road because the mud was so slippery. I don't want any of us to slip over a cliff and die. Well at least we'll die doing something we like, right?
Old 11-16-2010, 10:48 AM   #7
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
I can't make this one. Trans Siberian Orchestra this weekend.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:12 AM   #8
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post
it's a maybe.
I've revised my plans to take the HAM test on Saturday morning instead, sorry. If the weather forecast had been nicer this would have been a harder call for me to make.

Have fun out there. Post at least *one* pic of you getting muddy.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:26 PM   #9
dylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT-Santa Clara County
Name: Dylan
dylandercole's Tacoma Gallery
Hell, im in town this weekend I might have to meet you out there. let me know if you bail man
Old 11-19-2010, 06:15 PM   #10
Motivator

Just checked the weather and it's going to rain tomorrow. I've decided to call it off. We'll try again next time when it's dry.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:30 PM   #11
rsxftw is a glorious beacon of lightrsxftw is a glorious beacon of lightrsxftw is a glorious beacon of lightrsxftw is a glorious beacon of lightrsxftw is a glorious beacon of light
rsxftw's Tacoma Gallery
Good call. My mud urge was taken care of last weekend when i get stuck in the mud pit and had mud everywhere on my truck haha. Dry dust sounds great, look forward to when we do make it down there!
Old 11-20-2010, 01:03 AM   #12
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YayAreaTaco0311 View Post
Just checked the weather and it's going to rain tomorrow. I've decided to call it off. We'll try again next time when it's dry.
Thats a good call, its pouring here about 30 miles away so I cant imagine what kind of mud hole hollister turned into.
Old 11-20-2010, 08:26 PM   #13
esalas
esalas is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard:
Name: Eddie
esalas's Tacoma Gallery
Talking If you guys plan on rescheduling let me know.

Looking to do some wheelin at Hollister hills so if you plan on rescheduling let me know. I'll be down.
Old 11-20-2010, 08:31 PM   #14
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
hows the off-roading like in hollister hills? planning on doing a meet and greet there sometime next year...

is it 2wd friendly, or nothing too outrageous, for the folks that dont have a 4wd?
Old 11-20-2010, 08:44 PM   #15
Motivator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbeezy View Post
hows the off-roading like in hollister hills? planning on doing a meet and greet there sometime next year...

is it 2wd friendly, or nothing too outrageous, for the folks that dont have a 4wd?
Based on my experience having owned a Prerunner and now a 4x4, you can do about 80% of the trails. I was able to concur 80% of the trails with my Prerunner Taco with off-road package and 3" lift. The trick for me was deflate all 4 of the tires by half of the PSI you normally would have driving on the streets. Speed is also a factor too when getting up and over steep hills.

I traded my Prerunner for a 4x4 off-road Taco. My current Taco is not lifted. On Tuesday, I went to Hollister and I was able to do about the same number of trails but I couldn't drive on 4x4 obstacle course area because since my Taco isn't lifted, I'd find myself high centered on those mini hills.

So be sure you know your truck's limits!! And mud is your truck's worst enemy! I drove through some mud at Hollister during a dry day and it took me a few hours to wash out everything underneath my truck.

I won't have a lift for quite some time =(
Old 11-21-2010, 10:57 AM   #16
w3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alvin
w3tw0rks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by esalas View Post
Looking to do some wheelin at Hollister hills so if you plan on rescheduling let me know. I'll be down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbeezy View Post

Quote:
As long as it doesn't rain to hard do guys wanna go this Friday after Thanksgiving?
Old 11-21-2010, 11:07 AM   #17
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Based on my experience having owned a Prerunner and now a 4x4, you can do about 80% of the trails. I was able to concur 80% of the trails with my Prerunner Taco with off-road package and 3" lift. The trick for me was deflate all 4 of the tires by half of the PSI you normally would have driving on the streets. Speed is also a factor too when getting up and over steep hills.

I traded my Prerunner for a 4x4 off-road Taco. My current Taco is not lifted. On Tuesday, I went to Hollister and I was able to do about the same number of trails but I couldn't drive on 4x4 obstacle course area because since my Taco isn't lifted, I'd find myself high centered on those mini hills.

So be sure you know your truck's limits!! And mud is your truck's worst enemy! I drove through some mud at Hollister during a dry day and it took me a few hours to wash out everything underneath my truck.

I won't have a lift for quite some time =(
im probably on the same boat as you. since im not lifted either, i'll probably be avoiding the 4x4 obstacle course cuz i probably wont be able to clear big rocks and mini hills. i just wana go thru a dirt path going up and down hills, and no mud on my truck too!!
Old 11-21-2010, 01:18 PM   #18
rsxftw's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah my open diff PreRunner does pretty good down there. I can go on most trails. Theyre rated green, blue, and black. I can do greens and blues.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:37 PM   #19
senna is a splendid one to beholdsenna is a splendid one to beholdsenna is a splendid one to beholdsenna is a splendid one to beholdsenna is a splendid one to beholdsenna is a splendid one to behold
senna's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by w3tw0rks View Post
As long as it doesn't rain to hard do guys wanna go this Friday after Thanksgiving?
Alvin, I'm down for fri. Let me know .
Old 11-22-2010, 08:23 PM   #20
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I work until 2 on Friday.