Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Tahoe Snowboarding Trips---> Need a place to stay

Old 12-01-2010, 05:09 PM   #1
Banned
Shemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Shemicals's Tacoma Gallery
Tahoe Snowboarding Trips---> Need a place to stay

So i moved up to the northern region about 2 months ago and i have already met a few taco members, (strom, leettaco, etc) ...

now i am in every way a snowboard addict and i have a pass to kirkwood, northstar, heavenly and veil.

i want to go up every weekend if possible...

now heres the problem, i dont have a place to stay, so im looking for people with cabins or time shares who i can go up with, pitch gas, food, etc.

let me know if anyone would be willing to take me up with them.. thanks
Old 12-01-2010, 06:01 PM   #2
jdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jdtemple's Tacoma Gallery
I am in the same boat, I have some passes to different places, but looking to get a lot of riding this year. I used to do day trips to northstar all the time. I just got my board and gear out of storage, I am just waiting for the first run!
Old 12-01-2010, 06:49 PM   #3
Banned
Shemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Shemicals's Tacoma Gallery
Isn't it like a 3 hour drive to get out there?
Old 12-01-2010, 09:24 PM   #4
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah. All the same, one day trips are quite doable. Long, but doable. Leave Marin at 5:30. Hit Northstar by 9:30. On slope by 10:00. Board till they close down the last run at 4:30. Back in car driving by 5. Dinner on the road. Home by 10PM.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:50 PM   #5
Camburg :)
Ptowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryce
Ptowntaco's Tacoma Gallery
I am going tomorrow leaving Petaluma at 5am. Wish I saw this sooner i would have invited you along. I am going with 2 guys fro Novato. Going to Sierra! I have a season pass to Northstar and hevenly.

OP: Me and Strom both are good friends and go a lot we should all plan a trip soon even if it is a day trip.

OP: i also think i say your truck outside my work the other day in Novato out side Sports Authority.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:06 PM   #6
jdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jdtemple's Tacoma Gallery
Bear valley is close too. I maybe try and go this Saturday. If you do a day trip, make sure you go up on a Saturday, Sunday will become a lazy day.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:21 PM   #7
Expedition Style
sierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
sierrahsky's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to sierrahsky
Would any body want to do a trail day and boarding day up here? I have seen some SICK powder while running some trails and think we should make a day of it!
Old 12-01-2010, 10:29 PM   #9
Expedition Style
sierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shedsierrahsky is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by eight3one_offroad View Post
Got a place in Incline Village...
Come up to verdi and do a trail day in the snow?
Old 12-01-2010, 11:01 PM   #10
Resident T100 guy
97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Melt
97T's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 97T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptowntaco View Post
OP: i also think i say your truck outside my work the other day in Novato out side Sports Authority.
you guys hiring holiday help by any chance?

anyhow, i go a lot on fridays for the cheapskates out there, $15 college id day at boreal ... donner used to have some killer mid week deals too but currently they are only open weekends

not opposed to hitting the big resorts either but am on a budget so with as much as i go i usually hit donner and splurge once a season to homewood or heavenly, dont really like northstar / sierra due to long lines

never have hit kirkwood or incline village so open to checking those out

if any of you guys have winter gear camping is pretty cheap at sugar pine state park on 89, ive done that a few times.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:03 PM   #11
Resident T100 guy
97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

97T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierrahsky View Post
Come up to verdi and do a trail day in the snow?
verdi makes me think of this

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=935754

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dependable Tow Man View Post
Ok guys!!! This one was the trip from hell, not a good night for thre Old Ford!!

So my dipatcher calls me at 9:30 and asks me if i want to go pull a BMW X-5 out of the snow, shure no problem were are they at!! They whent into Dog Valley road from the Reno side!!! For those who arent familair with the area, Reno is 30 miles from Truckee, if you get off the freeway at Verdi, you can take a dirt road threw the mountians and snow all the way back to Truckee!!!

So i go back to the shop and hook up the Old Ford to my Crew Cab Chevy, it was -11 lastnight, so i figured i would leave the Old Ford running while i tow it to Verdi so it would be nice and warm when i get there!!! Good thing i did, you will figure out why the further you keep reading!!!

So i get to the entrance of Dog Valley road, drop the Old Ford, and head up the hill, the begining is about 2.5 miles long of up hill, and there has been so many people out there driving up and down and playing in the snow, the road is a sheet of ice!!! So i get out and lock in the hubbs!!! I get up the hill about a mile, and i start to feel a bad vibration from the front drivleine, so i grabb the 4 wheel shifter to make sure what is vibrating, so as i go to grab it, i feel its the front drivline for sure, so wright as i go to pull it back into 2 wheel drive, BANG!!!! the front drivline lets go, so i pull over to check it out, turns out the bolts from the T/C output shaft to the front drivline loosend up, 2 bolts fell out and 1 broke off in the drivline!!! DAMNIT!!! So i unlock the hubbs, and i think if i lock up the air locker, i might make it up the hill in 2 wheel drive, so i hit the air locker switch, the air pump runs for maybe 3 seconds, and then it makes all kind of wracket like something let go inside the pump!!!! Now what?? So needless to say no airlocker now either!!!

Well my dipatcher told me they were at the top of the hill, so i back down the hill, jump in my Chevy 4x4 C 5500, and go looking for them. I get to the top, and no BMW!!! So i keep going 7 miles in, still cant find them!!! Plus its so cold the snow will not pack down, its like driving in sugar, so my Cew cab is having a hard time, plus it doesnt help it weighs `15,500 pounds!!! So after i get back in 8 miles, the snow is really starting to get deep, so i figure i need to get the hell out of there before i bury my Tow Truck!!! Well i start to turn around, and almost got stuck becaause i got off the hard pack were eveybody else has driven!!! needles to say i had to back my Chevy out 7 fricking miles in 4 Lo so i wouldn't get stuck!!!

So i finally make it back to a place i can turn around, and finally get Nextell service again, and get ahold of my boss and tell him i cant find the BMW, and the front drivline and ARB pump took a crap on the Old Ford!!! and what is plane B??? So he tells me to bring the Old Ford back to the shop and fix it if i can, and he will leave from the Truckee side on his snowmobile and go look for the BMW!!!! (keep in mind its -11 crazzzzy bastard)) OK!!! Im on my way back, so i hook up the Old Ford, and tow it back to Truckee, well this time i just left the motor off, so i get back to the shop, and drop the Old Ford, and go to start it to pull it in the shop, and POOF!!! The return line for the P/S pump blows off!!! What the F..., so i loosen the clamp and throw the hose back one, and pull it in the shop, the pump is whining like a bitch bye know, so i go to top it of, an the fluid looks like a slushee!!!, so i turn the motor off, and the pumps pukes fluid out the pin hole breather on the top of the cap like a frikin water fountian!!!

Well bye now its 2:00 in the morning, and im not going to screw with the Old Ford because i figure the P/S pump just took a crap on me!!!! So I go out and fire up our 95 Ford 1 Ton dually,it will get me back to were i need to go!!! Bye this time my boss finds the BMW!!!! they are in Sardine Valley!!! 20 miles from were they were supposed to be!!! Fricking TOURISTS FOR YA!!!!!

So he brought a a shovel with him on the snowmobile, and managed to dig them out and get them back going again, and back out to the main road!!!

So i just go home and go to bed!!!
Old 12-01-2010, 11:06 PM   #12
Ptowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97T View Post
you guys hiring holiday help by any chance?
yes we are looking for people right now for outdoors and footware. Fun place to work everyone is in College even most managers. Apply online www.SportsAuthority.com bottom of page.

ok now back on topic... lets all find a day that works for us and go board!
Old 12-01-2010, 11:29 PM   #13
Resident T100 guy

97T's Tacoma Gallery
filled out the app ... damn those preemployment questions suck about "attitudes" hopefully im good
Old 12-02-2010, 01:27 AM   #14
Expedition Style

It's a little crazy but it's fun! And there are a ton of tourists that get stuck but the drive is awesome and the snow is even better. Plus it's free ! I can even bring my little grill! Lol. That's what we usually do when we get out back country.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:34 AM   #15
stroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
stroM-'s Tacoma Gallery
Ill be up @ northstar from the 19th - 23rd. Hit me up if anyone is going to be there and we can ride
Old 12-02-2010, 11:14 AM   #16
Expedition Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroM- View Post
Ill be up @ northstar from the 19th - 23rd. Hit me up if anyone is going to be there and we can ride
You staying @ North Star? I was thinking about doing some boarding then. My girl and I were going to hit kirkwood but northstar is way closer ( 40 min away ).
Old 12-02-2010, 11:18 AM   #17
stroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
stroM-'s Tacoma Gallery
Yeah were staying in the village. Let me know when youll be around - would be cool to meet up! Pm me for my number if your serious about being there.
Old 12-02-2010, 12:45 PM   #18
xcmiler707 is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
xcmiler707's Tacoma Gallery
I just got the Heavenly/Northstar/Sierra season pass and will probably be up there everyday I dont work haha. Let me know.
Old 12-02-2010, 03:48 PM   #19
Resident T100 guy

97T's Tacoma Gallery
boreal tommorow, should be good! this will be the first decent road trip in my new to me truck too ... $15 college id lift ftw

got all my shit out (that was funny, finding tons of empty beer cans under my bed while looking for the boots, then found 2 full beers in my bag of snow clothes!)

dropped the board off for a wax / sharpen at the local shop earlier, once thats done im set! pictures to follow FO SHO

only staying at boreal till 1 or so, i got a birthday party for a friend in SF to be at at 6pm

for anyone going .... always a good link to check on the computer before you leave the house
http://www.dot.ca.gov/cgi-bin/roads.cgi
Old 12-02-2010, 08:37 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97T View Post
boreal tommorow, should be good! this will be the first decent road trip in my new to me truck too ... $15 college id lift ftw

got all my shit out (that was funny, finding tons of empty beer cans under my bed while looking for the boots, then found 2 full beers in my bag of snow clothes!)

dropped the board off for a wax / sharpen at the local shop earlier, once thats done im set! pictures to follow FO SHO

only staying at boreal till 1 or so, i got a birthday party for a friend in SF to be at at 6pm

for anyone going .... always a good link to check on the computer before you leave the house
http://www.dot.ca.gov/cgi-bin/roads.cgi
Sierra was nice today how was Boreal?