Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Can I borrow your extra set of tires?

Old 12-24-2010, 10:57 AM   #1
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Talking Can I borrow your extra set of tires?

Hey guys,

Some of you guys may have your stock wheels/tires laying in a garage somewhere. If you do, I've got a huuuuge favor

I'm due for some new tires soon (60k and counting on my Nittos!! Those tires are beasts!) and before I put new tires around my wheels, I wanted to paint (or powdercoat) them black.

So I was thinking of puting a set of tires on my truck temporarily, take my tires to the tire shop, have them take off the tires, get the wheels painted, take them back to the tire shop, have them put new tires on them, install them, and then return the set of tires to you . In all, it would probably take me a few days to do the whole process.

Unless anyone has a better idea?

I know it's a pretty huge favor, but I'm just seeing if anyone would be down to help a fellow TW member out. I don't have much in exchange, actually, I can throw in a Magnaflow 18" catback muffler that I used for a month. It's not much but it's not selling anywhere and I'd rather give it to someone local who could use it.

Old 12-24-2010, 11:15 AM   #2
w3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alvin
w3tw0rks's Tacoma Gallery
Sup MJ. I got some 32x11.50x15s but I'm sure you are running 16s though right?
Old 12-24-2010, 11:18 AM   #3
kinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kinkrider101's Tacoma Gallery
Fellow tn member? Lol
Old 12-24-2010, 11:18 AM   #4
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yea I have 16s but it I don't think it matters, right?

I'm going to put my orig wheels and new tires back on afterward anyway, right?

Oh and I'm not too knowledgeable on wheel sizes, but I'm sure it'll still work, right?
Old 12-24-2010, 11:19 AM   #5
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkrider101 View Post
Fellow tn member? Lol
HAHA you got me. Just edited that

All these damn forums I'm on, I can't keep up!
Old 12-24-2010, 11:19 AM   #6
kinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kinkrider101's Tacoma Gallery
It won't work..you can't put a 15 on a 16..the rims to big
Old 12-24-2010, 11:22 AM   #7
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkrider101 View Post
It won't work..you can't put a 15 on a 16..the rims to big

Ahh ok. well then 16s or 17s then (my stockers were 17s)
Old 12-24-2010, 12:54 PM   #8
jdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdtemple is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jdtemple's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe you could borrow 4 spare wheels/tires from 4 different people..... or 3, and use your own. I have a 285/70/R17 mounted on my spare, if you can find 3 more like it, you can borrow it.
Old 12-24-2010, 01:58 PM   #9
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdtemple View Post
Maybe you could borrow 4 spare wheels/tires from 4 different people..... or 3, and use your own. I have a 285/70/R17 mounted on my spare, if you can find 3 more like it, you can borrow it.
Ahh I see. But that would potentially harder because of trying to find matches. I, for one, still have a donut of a spare, so it wouldn't match up with yours.

Thanks for the offer though.
Old 12-24-2010, 08:18 PM   #11
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
If you are going to powder coat then go with the plan you are talking about. If just paint then I would wait until they are mounted because they WILL get scratched. no matter how careful you ask the tire guy to be, they will probably get scratched. I had painted wheels on my last car for 6 years through many sets of tires. I don't think I had a time where the tire guy didn't scratch them.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:18 PM   #12
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by senor taco View Post
I have my stockers you can barrow, you would have to pick em up though
Thanks for the offer. I probably wont pull the trigger on this until next month, but i'll let you know if I still need them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
If you are going to powder coat then go with the plan you are talking about. If just paint then I would wait until they are mounted because they WILL get scratched. no matter how careful you ask the tire guy to be, they will probably get scratched. I had painted wheels on my last car for 6 years through many sets of tires. I don't think I had a time where the tire guy didn't scratch them.
Thanks. I was thinking the same thing