Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

got a code reader? - sacramento

Old 01-23-2011, 11:50 PM   #1
Master of the Prius...
SpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryen
SpazzyB's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to SpazzyB
got a code reader? - sacramento

kinda curious if I may have a couple codes and a suspicion the dealer I got my truck from may have disabled my CEL.(in the on position it doesn't light up for system check)
Old 01-29-2011, 09:17 AM   #2
anrima is on a distinguished road
Name: Drew
anrima's Tacoma Gallery
I do - but I'm down in Vallejo :-\ Might cost you less just to buy your own then the gas coming down here.
Old 01-29-2011, 09:20 AM   #3
theredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AM1
Name: John
theredofshaw's Tacoma Gallery
sometimes kragan/advance/auto zone places like that, will read for free
Old 01-29-2011, 09:26 AM   #4
anrima's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredofshaw View Post
sometimes kragan/advance/auto zone places like that, will read for free
Unfortunately, as I discovered the other day when I bought mine, most of the stores have stopped doing this to try and force you to buy it. I tried just about every parts store from Napa to Concord and they all told me no.
Old 01-29-2011, 09:55 AM   #5
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
I have one.

PRS
Old 01-29-2011, 11:05 PM   #6
Ridendirtywhips will become famous soon enoughRidendirtywhips will become famous soon enough
Ridendirtywhips's Tacoma Gallery
I have a OB2 reader for my phone android.
Old 01-29-2011, 11:32 PM   #7
dirtfondler is a splendid one to beholddirtfondler is a splendid one to beholddirtfondler is a splendid one to beholddirtfondler is a splendid one to beholddirtfondler is a splendid one to beholddirtfondler is a splendid one to beholddirtfondler is a splendid one to behold
dirtfondler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by anrima View Post
Unfortunately, as I discovered the other day when I bought mine, most of the stores have stopped doing this to try and force you to buy it. I tried just about every parts store from Napa to Concord and they all told me no.
Actually, I recently found that good ole CA has passed a law banning facilities that do not employ certified ASE mechanics from loaning out OBDII readers. In this case, it isnt Kracken clamping down, it is the mechanics who want to preserve the skill of reading the codes.
Old 01-30-2011, 02:12 PM   #8
anrima's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtfondler View Post
Actually, I recently found that good ole CA has passed a law banning facilities that do not employ certified ASE mechanics from loaning out OBDII readers. In this case, it isnt Kracken clamping down, it is the mechanics who want to preserve the skill of reading the codes.
That's really interesting, wonder what prompted that? You happen to know what part of the California Code it's in?