Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

2nd Annual PRS Norcal Summer Camping Trip June 23-26

Old 02-07-2011, 11:09 AM   #1
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
2nd Annual PRS Norcal Summer Camping Trip June 23-26

So, Here we are again. Summer is coming fast. We had a great time last time and I'm sure this year will be the same. We will be camping at Donner Lake from June 23-26. This campground has full facilities except for hookups. They have showers and bathrooms. If you are attending please add your name to the list. Let me know when you have booked and what site you are in. Below is the schedule.

****************Important*****************
FRS will be our primary mode of communication on the trails, If you have the means please pick up a set of decent FRS Radios. Some of us will have extras and are more than happy to loan them out, but dont count on them. I like to communicate a lot on the trails--this is how we make sure everyone has a safe and fun time.

Thursday afternoon:
Fire roads, Last time we were in this area we did a nice leisurely fire road loop with some great views. We will be doing this loop

Friday , 10am Start
On Friday we will be running Signal hill.
http://www.norcalttora.com/trails/signal_peak.php

Saturday, 10am Start
Saturday we will be running Eagle Lakes this day.
http://www.norcalttora.com/trails/eagle_lakes.php

Sunday...
Possibly do some more fire road exploring in the morning.
Pack up and go home.

Reserve your Campsite here.
Price is $35 per night. There is a $8 Reservation fee.
You can have 8 People per site and 2 vehicles.
I suggest people group up to save money.

http://www.reserveamerica.com/campgr...&parkCode=donn

If Donner is too rich for people there are plenty of other places to camp for less money or even free. We Chose donnor because the significant others wanted showers.

1. PRS (Thursday)
2. Overlander36 (Wheeling Only)
3. Nightstr
4. Jlee (Thursday)
5. MarinCruzin (Norcal FJs / )
6. Ghost (Wheeling only)
7. Blackdog (wheeling both days, camping friday)
8. StevensTaco (Friday Evening)
9. Mjonags32 (Friday Evening)
10. T4r4life (Thursday)
11. Rucas (Friday Evening)

Designated Spotters:

Old 02-07-2011, 11:10 AM   #2
Mall Krawler
coppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Travis
coppert's Tacoma Gallery
In!

& Reservation made site 032.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:23 PM   #3
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Man i wish I new before you guys booked I know cheap/ Free camping spots up there in that area.
Old 02-07-2011, 02:29 PM   #4
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
Man i wish I new before you guys booked I know cheap/ Free camping spots up there in that area.
We do too... there are plenty of cheap free spots around... we chose donnor because this is a family's trip and the women wanted showers. Donnor was the only showers around.
Old 02-07-2011, 04:40 PM   #5
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
I'm tentative. Any tips for persuading their significant other?
Old 02-07-2011, 04:45 PM   #6
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreRunnerSeth View Post
We do too... there are plenty of cheap free spots around... we chose donnor because this is a family's trip and the women wanted showers. Donnor was the only showers around.
Oh now I see didn't know the fam was coming. I'll talk to mine and see if were good for that weekend.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:19 PM   #7
Navy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjonags32 View Post
I'm tentative. Any tips for persuading their significant other?
hahah... just mention beautiful views and how much you love the pictures she takes.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:09 PM   #8
w3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alvin
w3tw0rks's Tacoma Gallery
I'll keep these dates in mind. I'm hoping to go on a week long Moab trip in May. So we'll see.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:51 AM   #9
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Possibly in.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:25 PM   #10
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
strong possibility.

not to be anti-social, but we will probably get our own campsite.. for some alone time.

best way to get the sig other IN would be to "i want to spend some quiet time with you in nature"..."w/ 15 other tacoma friends" doesnt have that same romantic ring to it.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:31 PM   #11
Navy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by w3tw0rks View Post
I'll keep these dates in mind. I'm hoping to go on a week long Moab trip in May. So we'll see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337Taco View Post
Possibly in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
strong possibility.

not to be anti-social, but we will probably get our own campsite.. for some alone time.

best way to get the sig other IN would be to "i want to spend some quiet time with you in nature"..."w/ 15 other tacoma friends" doesnt have that same romantic ring to it.
Just keep me updated guys.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:38 PM   #13
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
When in may?
Old 02-09-2011, 06:08 PM   #14
anrima is on a distinguished road
Name: Drew
anrima's Tacoma Gallery
I wish I was not going to be out at sea for this. Bah!
Old 02-09-2011, 06:27 PM   #15
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
subbed.
depending on how much the new rig is built up by then, its this or moab.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:51 AM   #16
w3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alvin
w3tw0rks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
When in may?
Not sure yet. Haven't seen any updates from the OP or anyone else.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...ab-trip-7.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rucas View Post
subbed.
depending on how much the new rig is built up by then, its this or moab.
Nice. Did you see the thread above also? Make sure to be armored up, some good tires, and get at least a rear locker if you don't have one.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:03 AM   #17
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I'm thinking about wheeling out and camping at one of the free spots with some other 4x4s but we would be in communication to meet up for some trail runs.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:49 AM   #18
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Nice. Did you see the thread above also? Make sure to be armored up, some good tires, and get at least a rear locker if you don't have one.
Yeah that will be on the list for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337Taco View Post
I'm thinking about wheeling out and camping at one of the free spots with some other 4x4s but we would be in communication to meet up for some trail runs.
I like the sound of this. Especially since I dont think Ill know for sure untill a month or two before, and by then camp site reservations might be sold out. plus......"free" who doesnt like that
Old 02-11-2011, 08:52 AM   #19
Screw your MPG's
jacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
jacob_wood's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jacob_wood
I may be in, but the girlfriends birthday is that monday so im not too sure yet.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:26 AM   #20
Navy:
Bump.... No one else wants to go camping and wheeling? do i need to point out the cheap/free places you can camp?