Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Hollister Hills OHV

Old 02-15-2011, 09:56 PM   #1
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Hollister Hills OHV

Not sure where this should go but if you're a Californian, you should be concerned about what state legislators are considering with OHV funds.

There are a couple of threads on South Bay Riders with an overview and some contact info. You can find one of them here.

The short version is that the legislature is planning to "borrow" funds from the OHV fund to pay for a variety of state parks, rangers to patrol closed parks and other general fund items.

Why should you care? You should care because there is a possibility this will affect our access to Hollister Hills. Either because there is no funding for trail maintenance or because the lack of funds forces closure of the park.

Please take a moment to visit that thread and to write a letter--if you're not sure what to say, use one of the examples.

TIA
Old 02-15-2011, 10:17 PM   #2
asphinctersayswhat?
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
whoa that blows. i'll do my part
Old 02-15-2011, 10:34 PM   #3
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks MJ!
Old 02-15-2011, 10:44 PM   #4
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah they did that a while back too, the OHV parks have so much money from the green sticker funds everybody wants a piece of it. The way I heard it, Im not sure if this is the complete story, but it was the fish and game department last time and they only finished paying back a few years ago without interest
Old 02-15-2011, 11:06 PM   #5

ian408's Tacoma Gallery
There's a clause that allows them to borrow and take two years to pay back.

The thing that pisses me off is Brown is a huge fan of robbing Peter to pay Paul. He's done it before and he'll do it again.

The reality is that the state cannot afford to keep spending and financing their spending they way they do. They need to start making sure these programs pay for themselves (or very nearly so).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
Yeah they did that a while back too, the OHV parks have so much money from the green sticker funds everybody wants a piece of it. The way I heard it, Im not sure if this is the complete story, but it was the fish and game department last time and they only finished paying back a few years ago without interest
Old 02-18-2011, 12:22 PM   #6
w3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shedw3tw0rks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alvin
w3tw0rks's Tacoma Gallery
I sent a personally written email to the members below this morning. I hope it wasn't too late since I believe they are meeting again today. Out of these 27 members I received 8 auto replies to submit via their website. Of those 8 I was only able to submit to 2 members since the other 6 were not in my district. I sure hope others have emailed or submitted comments on their websites. If you haven't I encourage that you do.

Thank you ian408 for bringing this to our attention. More info can be found here: http://www.southbayriders.com/forums...d.php?t=105976

Assemblymember.Blumenfield@assembly.ca.gov;
Assemblymember.Nielsen@assembly.ca.gov;
Assemblymember.Alejo@assembly.ca.gov;
Assemblymember.Allen@assembly.ca.gov;
Assemblymember.Bill.Berryhill@assembly.ca.gov;
Assemblymember.Bonilla@assembly.ca.gov;
Assemblymember.Brownley@assembly.ca.gov;
Assemblymember.Buchanan@assembly.ca.gov;
Assemblymember.Butler@assembly.ca.gov;
Assemblymember.Cedillo@assembly.ca.gov;
Assemblymember.Chesbro@assembly.ca.gov;
Assemblymember.Dickinson@assembly.ca.gov;
Assemblymember.Feuer@assembly.ca.gov;
Assemblymember.Gordon@assembly.ca.gov;
Assemblymember.Harkey@assembly.ca.gov;
Assemblymember.Huffman@assembly.ca.gov;
Assemblymember.Jeffries@assembly.ca.gov;
Assemblymember.Jones@assembly.ca.gov;
Assemblymember.Logue@assembly.ca.gov;
Assemblymember.Mansoor@assembly.ca.gov;
Assemblymember.Mitchell@assembly.ca.gov;
Assemblymember.Monning@assembly.ca.gov;
Assemblymember.Morrell@assembly.ca.gov;
Assemblymember.Nestande@assembly.ca.gov;
Assemblymember.Swanson@assembly.ca.gov;
Assemblymember.Valadao@assembly.ca.gov;
Assemblymember.Wagner@assembly.ca.gov
Old 02-18-2011, 12:59 PM   #7

ian408's Tacoma Gallery
What I find repulsive is that these members are involved with budgeting and they will not accept email outside of their own districts. I'd be willing to bet there are two or three that really care and the rest don't give rats ass.