Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

sacramento members

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-02-2014, 06:45 AM   #2221
Trapperr is on a distinguished road
Trapperr's Tacoma Gallery
Nobody has mentioned the eagle lakes trail on I80. Went on my first wheeling trip in my 01 DC years ago. You guys would dig it.
Old 07-02-2014, 08:33 AM   #2222
Motherfucking Wizard
timmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shed

timmytoast's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapperr View Post
Nobody has mentioned the eagle lakes trail on I80. Went on my first wheeling trip in my 01 DC years ago. You guys would dig it.
Details? Stock 4X4 capable?
Old 07-02-2014, 10:12 AM   #2223
Mud Slinger
ferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Fernando
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmytoast View Post
Details? Stock 4X4 capable?
brother, you need some good tires and you would be golden! I was for a minute
Old 07-02-2014, 10:15 AM   #2224
Motherfucking Wizard
timmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferny View Post
brother, you need some good tires and you would be golden! I was for a minute
I should be getting some 265/75/16 Toyo Open Country A/T II soon.
Old 07-02-2014, 10:17 AM   #2225
Mud Slinger
ferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
YEEEAAA BUDDY! As my son says "thats what i'm talking about"!!! LOL
Old 07-07-2014, 03:09 PM   #2226
LINCOLN45 is a glorious beacon of lightLINCOLN45 is a glorious beacon of lightLINCOLN45 is a glorious beacon of lightLINCOLN45 is a glorious beacon of lightLINCOLN45 is a glorious beacon of light

Navy:
Name: john
LINCOLN45's Tacoma Gallery
looking for a nice aftermaket bumper for my 2014, i like the AllPro but the hitch is rated class III I would like to keep my class IV rated hitch or have the replacement bumper include the class IV hitch, dont mind spending the money but dont wana spend an extra arm on freight any ideas for a "local" manufacture that aint a 5 month lead time?
Old 07-07-2014, 06:22 PM   #2228
jqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jason
jqueener's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINCOLN45 View Post
looking for a nice aftermaket bumper for my 2014, i like the AllPro but the hitch is rated class III I would like to keep my class IV rated hitch or have the replacement bumper include the class IV hitch, dont mind spending the money but dont wana spend an extra arm on freight any ideas for a "local" manufacture that aint a 5 month lead time?

Why do you need a class iv the frame cant handle that much weight. There is members here that pull plenty of stuff with an all pro rear and have had no problems.I think most after market bumpers that i looked at had no rating at all as they haven't gone through the process for engineered specs. Plus the extra weight of the bumper adds to the weight the frame can handle. Class 3 can pull the gross weight the taco can handle. But I'm no expert on the the subject. Just my opinion.
Old 07-07-2014, 06:52 PM   #2229
LINCOLN45 is a glorious beacon of lightLINCOLN45 is a glorious beacon of lightLINCOLN45 is a glorious beacon of lightLINCOLN45 is a glorious beacon of lightLINCOLN45 is a glorious beacon of light

Navy:
Name: john
LINCOLN45's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jqueener View Post
Why do you need a class iv the frame cant handle that much weight. There is members here that pull plenty of stuff with an all pro rear and have had no problems.I think most after market bumpers that i looked at had no rating at all as they haven't gone through the process for engineered specs. Plus the extra weight of the bumper adds to the weight the frame can handle. Class 3 can pull the gross weight the taco can handle. But I'm no expert on the the subject. Just my opinion.

my thought was to stay the same as factory.........

V6 Tow Package 21: Class-IV towing receiver hitch, transmission (automatic transmission only) cooler, engine oil cooler, 130-amp alternator, heavy-duty battery, 7-pin connector with converter and Trailer-Sway Control (TSC) 22 [TO]

Class III Trailer Hitch Receivers:
Designed for trucks, vans and sport utility vehicles
2" x 2" receiver hitch opening
Rated up to 6,000 lbs GTW with 600 lbs TW

Max. Towing capacity 6,500 lbs. (*except X-runner 3,500 lbs.)
Max. Tongue weight 650 lbs. (*except X-runner 350 lbs.)
Old 07-07-2014, 07:12 PM   #2230
jqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jason
jqueener's Tacoma Gallery
I dont if you have max out towing yet but my truck would suck at pulling max up any grade. I would never put that kind of load on a v6 taco. It may do it ,but for how long? Flat ground no problem. What on earth do you plan on hauling with your truck?im just saying that you will be fine with a class III like all pro its still a 2x2 receiver and almost max towing. But i would never pull max as i like my truck and i live near hills so it would just suck. Plus trying to stop that weight oh shit pucker up.
Old 07-08-2014, 02:19 PM   #2231
Motherfucking Wizard

Anyone know where a DIY auto shop/garage is near Folsom? I need a place that has a lift I can use to install a motor mount on my car. Or is there anyone near Folsom that has a jack and some jack stands I can use?
Old 07-08-2014, 03:30 PM   #2232
Pitiful Fab is on a distinguished road

Name: Jesse
Pitiful Fab's Tacoma Gallery
Local DIY!

I am located in citrus heights and doo all my own fab & repairs here in my garage. Being a tech at CARMAX Roseville for 3 years and working as a career tech for 15+ years im sure ANY job is capable of being done in the driveway when needed! I have a pro tools 105HD bender with 1.5", 1.75" & 2" dies to accomidate almost all tubing needs also having a majority of all the tools needed i.e hand tools, MIG & TIG welders and all nessary stuff for mostly all scenarios! let me know if I can help!
Old 07-08-2014, 03:42 PM   #2233
Mud Slinger

Marines:
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
^ I need to be your freind!!
Old 07-08-2014, 03:54 PM   #2234
Pitiful Fab is on a distinguished road

Name: Jesse
Pitiful Fab's Tacoma Gallery
rough start

I had a rough start on this forum because I took some criticism a bit to personally, but since then have used it to improve my mentality & abilitys for the better. im always open to suggestions & willing to accept that other people may not agree with what I do but I make informed decisions to the best of my ability to ensure im happy with the end result! I like friends!
Old 07-08-2014, 03:58 PM   #2235
Motherfucking Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitiful Fab View Post
I am located in citrus heights and doo all my own fab & repairs here in my garage. Being a tech at CARMAX Roseville for 3 years and working as a career tech for 15+ years im sure ANY job is capable of being done in the driveway when needed! I have a pro tools 105HD bender with 1.5", 1.75" & 2" dies to accomidate almost all tubing needs also having a majority of all the tools needed i.e hand tools, MIG & TIG welders and all nessary stuff for mostly all scenarios! let me know if I can help!
If you're open to it and have a jack and some jack stands, I need to change the rear motor mount on my Fiesta ST. I have all the tools but not a jack or jack stands. I'll throw you some cash, beer, or whatever for your help. Let me know. Thanks man.
Old 07-08-2014, 04:06 PM   #2237
Motherfucking Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitiful Fab View Post
I don't drink but am always willing to help someone in need pm me sometime & I can lend u some driveway & equipment to get it done!
Sounds good, thanks!! I hope to have the mount by the end of the week or beginning of next. I'll PM you soon.
Old 07-08-2014, 04:44 PM   #2240
Mud Slinger

Marines:
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
hmmmm......Im going to need a rear bumper fabbed up towards the end of the year. Gotta get my front bumper first. I will deff keep you in mind bro

Products Discussed in this Thread