Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

so...

Old 03-23-2011, 11:13 PM   #21
Master of the Prius...
SpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryen
SpazzyB's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to SpazzyB
haha, i'm 100% stock and a prerunner. no excuses.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:16 PM   #22
B A N N E D
stevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: steven
stevenstaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpazzyB View Post
haha, i'm 100% stock and a prerunner. no excuses.
im down for a trail but not romping thru mud pits
Old 03-24-2011, 05:34 AM   #23
Mall Krawler
coppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Travis
coppert's Tacoma Gallery
That picture has been floating around the net saw it on Face Book as a ski rental companies profile pic, then another TW member was using it here as well. Did you actually take the pic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
As of Monday Northstar was at 556" of snow for the season which is 161% of average anual. This last storm brought a couple feet, but I'd hardly call that behind by any measurment. The expectation for this current storm is 11 feet at the summit and a modest 4-8 feet at the base. I'm heading up Friday and plan on getting snowed in.

This was a few weeks back from the last big storm on the way up to Kirkwood.

Old 03-24-2011, 06:58 AM   #24
07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
07trd4x4's Tacoma Gallery

This was Sonora last after the storm last week my father in law said he hasn't seen this much snow at 1500-2000 feet in 20 years
Old 03-24-2011, 07:42 AM   #25
Middle-Aged Member
05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
05Moose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppert View Post
That picture has been floating around the net saw it on Face Book as a ski rental companies profile pic, then another TW member was using it here as well. Did you actually take the pic?
It's pretty accurate. We went up to Carson Pass on Seth's Mod Day and took the attached pic. That was before they've gotten another...what?...20 feet? Usually you can see the roof of the restroom building at the dam at Caples Lake. This year, they were completely buried without even a bump indicating where the roof is. I'm guessing now that the snow is probably completely up to the top of the dam.

We usually get about 5 feet of snow at my house each season. We've passed 9 feet already. 2 more inches last night, still snowing, and we're supposed to get another 2 feet by Sat morning. WTF!!!! Any time the news brings up global warming, I just laugh (it's like bring up Public Pensions...the big joke for those of us that know better). If global warming is real, I'm thankful. The longest we've ever been out of an ice age is a couple of thousand years, yet we've been out of one for 20K years now? Maybe global warming is the only thing keeping us out of another ice age...then again maybe it's beginning.

Oh, and you guys will hear drought just like you hear each year that it's the worst fire danger ever! Drought's are declared and ended by the Governor, not rainfall. The drought was actually over last year, but Swarz was pushing his water bond legislation, so he didn't want to declare it over yet. Anyway, you watch. It'll be the worse fire danger ever because it was a wet year and we'll have all this new fuel. If it were a drought, it would be the worst fire danger ever because everything is so dry. LOL
Attached Thumbnails
so...-hwy-88-snow071.jpg  
Old 03-24-2011, 09:39 AM   #26
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppert View Post
I didn't take that picture. I belive it was a fellow TWer's wife that took it. But I drove through that exact section up 88. There's only one way to describe it....epic.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:48 AM   #27
Middle-Aged Member
05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
05Moose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
I didn't take that picture. I belive it was a fellow TWer's wife that took it. But I drove through that exact section up 88. There's only one way to describe it....epic.
That was me that posted it on TW originally. My wife didn't take it. It was indeed from the ski rental company (they posted it on their facebook page which worked its way to my wife). That's what prompted us to head up there that day and my wife then took the photo I attached above.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:51 PM   #28
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
this sucks... I want to ride my motorcycle before I head out to the Middle East
Old 03-24-2011, 12:56 PM   #29
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by solus694 View Post
When do you leave Mark?
Old 03-24-2011, 01:16 PM   #30
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Leave it at my house. I'll ride it for you

In all seriousness though, thank you for your service.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:00 PM   #31
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

solus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
When do you leave Mark?
Report to ECRC San Diego on the 11th for NMPS screening... then to Camp McCrady/Fort Jackson in South Carolina for training/familiarization for 3 weeks.

Then on to the Middle east sometime first week of May
Old 03-24-2011, 02:05 PM   #32
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Report to ECRC San Diego on the 11th for NMPS screening... then to Camp McCrady/Fort Jackson in South Carolina for training/familiarization for 3 weeks.

Then on to the Middle east sometime first week of May
Stay safe
Old 03-24-2011, 02:14 PM   #33
HOME!!!

solus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Stay safe
Yeah, My orders say Iraq... but I've been talking to the guy I'm taking over for and he's in Qatar (whole command moved over about 5 months ago)... so thats a good thing

Orders should change when I hit ECRC SD
Old 03-24-2011, 02:20 PM   #34

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah, My orders say Iraq... but I've been talking to the guy I'm taking over for and he's in Qatar (whole command moved over about 5 months ago)... so thats a good thing

Orders should change when I hit ECRC SD
Canada's F-18's are on duty in Libya , and I see Qatar sent 1 fighter jet .

They're worse than us , I'm off the hook .

Old 03-24-2011, 02:38 PM   #35
HOME!!!

solus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Canada's F-18's are on duty in Libya , and I see Qatar sent 1 fighter jet .

They're worse than us , I'm off the hook .

haha, I read the other day that the Canadian Forces only has 67,756 active personnel in the entire force (which is a combined Air, Navy, Ground force)

New York City has 50% (34,500) as many police as Canada has military... haha

not to mention the USMC has 202,000 personnel (and they are our smallest force!)

So 4 CF-18s are probably like 25% of your fighter jets

way to mooch off the US defense policy Canada
Old 03-24-2011, 02:48 PM   #36

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
haha, I read the other day that the Canadian Forces only has 67,756 active personnel in the entire force (which is a combined Air, Navy, Ground force)

New York City has 50% (34,500) as many police as Canada has military... haha

not to mention the USMC has 202,000 personnel (and they are our smallest force!)

So 4 CF-18s are probably like 25% of your fighter jets

way to mooch off the US defense policy Canada
I can't win
Old 03-24-2011, 02:53 PM   #37
HOME!!!

solus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I can't win
Its alright, I'm part Canadian (my grandma was a Canadian)... I have three Aunts and numerous cousins that live in Canada...

Most notably, around Vancouver, Nanaimo, Kamloops, and over in Winnipeg

a matter of fact probably about 2/3s of my family still lives in Canada
Old 03-24-2011, 02:57 PM   #38
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
I'm guessing we'll get some dry days before the 11th.

But here's the rainfall data I was looking at (second chart down the page)

http://www.sfgate.com/weather/rainfall.shtml

Look at San Jose, in particular - even as of yesterday only 94% of normal.

But, I confess I was extrapolating from that, and hadn't looked at snowpack numbers. The following story is dated March 1 - well before the current storm - and still talks about well-above-average snowpack.

http://peakwater.org/?tag=sierra-snowpack

Let it rain.

I try to steer clear of the whole "global warming" debate. But one small point to realize about that is that "global warming" doesn't mean every point on the earth is always warmer every minute. To the contrary - "global warming" leads to increased temperature variations (warmer AND colder) throughout the world.

Do some research if you want. In fact I encourage you to do so, and there's more than enough website citations to drown multiple TW threads in discussion.

My point is simple: "I observed a couple cold-ass winters." DOES NOT equate to "Global warming is bunk."
Old 03-24-2011, 03:09 PM   #39
HOME!!!

solus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post
I'm guessing we'll get some dry days before the 11th.

But here's the rainfall data I was looking at (second chart down the page)

http://www.sfgate.com/weather/rainfall.shtml

Look at San Jose, in particular - even as of yesterday only 94% of normal.

But, I confess I was extrapolating from that, and hadn't looked at snowpack numbers. The following story is dated March 1 - well before the current storm - and still talks about well-above-average snowpack.

http://peakwater.org/?tag=sierra-snowpack

Let it rain.

I try to steer clear of the whole "global warming" debate. But one small point to realize about that is that "global warming" doesn't mean every point on the earth is always warmer every minute. To the contrary - "global warming" leads to increased temperature variations (warmer AND colder) throughout the world.

Do some research if you want. In fact I encourage you to do so, and there's more than enough website citations to drown multiple TW threads in discussion.

My point is simple: "I observed a couple cold-ass winters." DOES NOT equate to "Global warming is bunk."
I guess this makes up for the warm January and February we had...
Old 03-24-2011, 03:20 PM   #40
SCTacomaCA is on a distinguished road
SCTacomaCA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hollister Hills should be Epic on Sunday!