Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Cops came to my house tonight! WTF

Old 04-05-2011, 09:54 PM   #1
Baddest Taco in Marin
Tomasb1339 has much to be proud ofTomasb1339 has much to be proud ofTomasb1339 has much to be proud ofTomasb1339 has much to be proud ofTomasb1339 has much to be proud ofTomasb1339 has much to be proud ofTomasb1339 has much to be proud ofTomasb1339 has much to be proud of

Coast Guard: Boatswainsmate
Name: Thomas
Tomasb1339's Tacoma Gallery
Cops came to my house tonight! WTF

So CHP paid me a visit this evening wanting to talk to me about an "accident" I was in. I had absolutetly no idea what he was talking about. Turns out the older couple that was staring at me last Thursday (I thought they were admiring my truck) is claiming I rear-ended them got out of my truck talked to him then left the scene. This never happened and the police officers for some reason didn't believe me till they could not find a single scratch on my truck or bull bar. Also didnt help the old mans case that my truck doesn't line up to the damage on his car. Either way my truck is still going on the accident report since he took a picture of my liscense plate. I'll be waiting to hear from the insurance company.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:57 PM   #2
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
that sucks!

The cops came to my dorm once because someone in a "slightly lifted white toyota truck" had run someone off the road. After speaking with the cop he ended up believing me, especially since my engine hadn't been started in 2 days and was cold.

good luck to you though.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:00 PM   #3
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
D***! that suck! hope the straighten it all out. to bad/ maybe CHP can prove it was not you by the lack of damage to your truck. and it not lining up with the damage on his car. if i was you i would check in too that. and maybe they will let you have. idk.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:06 PM   #4
TacoSID138 is a jewel in the roughTacoSID138 is a jewel in the roughTacoSID138 is a jewel in the rough

EMS:
Name: steven
TacoSID138's Tacoma Gallery
Bummer!! Old people are crazy dude!!! Hope everything clears up with your truck.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:46 PM   #6
2KTacoPr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed2KTacoPr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed2KTacoPr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed2KTacoPr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed2KTacoPr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed2KTacoPr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed2KTacoPr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed2KTacoPr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed2KTacoPr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed2KTacoPr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed2KTacoPr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Andrew
2KTacoPr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
damn that sucks. hope everything gets worked out
Old 04-06-2011, 10:29 PM   #7
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
that blows.

i'm sure old man river made a mistake
Old 04-06-2011, 10:39 PM   #8
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
So what you're saying is that even though the damage on the old farts car doesn't match up to the no damage on your truck he is still blaming you? And writing you up on the accident report...thats stupid. If it wasn't you then there is no reason why he should have written the report with you in it. Call that trooper and ask him about this, then you call your insurance company and explain the situation. Don't let the coppers blame you for something you never did.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:41 PM   #9
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
yeah do what aaron1mcc said!
Old 04-07-2011, 08:30 AM   #11
black cx is one of the sharper tools in the shedblack cx is one of the sharper tools in the shedblack cx is one of the sharper tools in the shedblack cx is one of the sharper tools in the shedblack cx is one of the sharper tools in the shedblack cx is one of the sharper tools in the shedblack cx is one of the sharper tools in the shedblack cx is one of the sharper tools in the shedblack cx is one of the sharper tools in the shedblack cx is one of the sharper tools in the shedblack cx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
black cx's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Thomas,

Don’t even worry about it. A similar scenario happened to my dad. Some guy claimed my dad hit there mirror/bumper. CHP came to my dad’s place and couldn’t find a single scratch on the car. Nothing ever happened. The CHP said they had to come over just to take a “report”
Old 04-07-2011, 06:31 PM   #12
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
I hope it all works out for you.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:40 PM   #13
TacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMal is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
TacoMal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron1mcc View Post
So what you're saying is that even though the damage on the old farts car doesn't match up to the no damage on your truck he is still blaming you? And writing you up on the accident report...thats stupid. If it wasn't you then there is no reason why he should have written the report with you in it. Call that trooper and ask him about this, then you call your insurance company and explain the situation. Don't let the coppers blame you for something you never did.
If the "victim" is claiming that he is the "suspect" he has to go in the report. Now, hopefully they will see that there is no evidence and they will state that in the report. You can request a copy of the report and see what was documented. Just because you are named in the report doesn't mean you are getting blamed for the accident. It sucks to have your name in a report if you really had nothing to do with it but since you were pointed out by the "victim" he must put you in it. It is then up to the cop and your insurance company (mostly your insurance company) to prove you were not involved. I say mostly your insurance company because with many property damage only accidents, cops will not assign who is at fault (depending on the state/department etc). It will be up to the insurance companies to do this.

The cop will put his/her findings in the report based on the evidence or lack there of. Your insurance company will send out an adjuster/investigator as well if a claim is put in. Hopefully it all works out in your favor!