Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Lift Installation South Bay

Old 04-11-2011, 09:51 AM   #1
Byte Me
JFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JFKLives's Tacoma Gallery
Lift Installation South Bay

I'm not feeling confident about installing a 6" lift on my own and was wondering if anyone from the south bay (SJ) can recommend a place to make this happen at a reasonable price. Would also like them to align it for me as well. The only place I'm aware of is on San Carlos but I've heard a couple of bad stories about that place and would like to avoid them if possible.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:50 PM   #2
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Lots of local guys get their lifts done by "community effort" (help out, bring food/beer, and throw some money into the tip jar for more tools) at mod days especially at Seth's:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/nor...-feb-26th.html

These threads refer to shops:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/nor...road-shop.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/nor...-bay-area.html

Especk recommends the shop that did his work in stockton - very good price:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post2816228

Hope this helps.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:54 PM   #3
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah DB lifts are not done at mod days anymore there a PITA and take way to long.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:56 PM   #4
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
Superior 4wd near capital expressway, Its a one man show but Troy is great at what he does. Last time I was there he was doing a drop bracket on a nissan titan.

http://www.superior4wheeldrive.com/
Old 04-11-2011, 12:57 PM   #5
Byte Me
JFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shedJFKLives is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post
Lots of local guys get their lifts done by "community effort" (help out, bring food/beer, and throw some money into the tip jar for more tools) at mod days especially at Seth's:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/nor...-feb-26th.html

These threads refer to shops:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/nor...road-shop.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/nor...-bay-area.html

Especk recommends the shop that did his work in stockton - very good price:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post2816228

Hope this helps.
Stockton is a ways out from me but I'll check out the other links - thanks
Old 04-11-2011, 12:58 PM   #6
Byte Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
Superior 4wd near capital expressway, Its a one man show but Troy is great at what he does. Last time I was there he was doing a drop bracket on a nissan titan.

I'll give him a look - thanks!
Old 04-11-2011, 06:29 PM   #7
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Look up George from SWAT. He's in Fremont
Old 04-11-2011, 06:42 PM   #8
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
^^ x2. George can beat anybody's prices!!
Old 04-11-2011, 06:45 PM   #9
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
Yeah DB lifts are not done at mod days anymore there a PITA and take way too long.
That makes sense. I can only imagine the swearing and cursing.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:24 PM   #10
Screw your MPG's
jacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
jacob_wood's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jacob_wood
Does George do custom work? I'm thinking of getting a front bumper fabbed up.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:28 PM   #11
Fed Taco will become famous soon enough

Name: Cale
Fed Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I was looking on Yelp and SWAT customs got some good reviews, It looked like a few people from here have gone there. I'm thinking about getting a small lift as well.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:10 PM   #12
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
George from SWAT actually works at 4wp in the South Bay, but does all these installs on the side in Fremont, then he can even get stuff aligned at 4wp (regular rate for that though). He has a lot of knowledge about a lot of stuff, I would just give him a call
Old 04-12-2011, 06:18 PM   #13
Baddest Taco in Marin
Tomasb1339 has much to be proud ofTomasb1339 has much to be proud ofTomasb1339 has much to be proud ofTomasb1339 has much to be proud ofTomasb1339 has much to be proud ofTomasb1339 has much to be proud ofTomasb1339 has much to be proud ofTomasb1339 has much to be proud of

Coast Guard: Boatswainsmate
Name: Thomas
Tomasb1339's Tacoma Gallery
I got my lift done from George about a month ago and he did top notch work. His customer service was great! You wont be disappointed!
Old 04-20-2011, 06:48 AM   #14
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post

+1 His prices are reasonable and he's a man of his word.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:32 AM   #15
Byte Me

My roommate and long time friend dropped the bomb couple nights back that he's moving out in August with his new girlfriend of ~ four months. Idiot. Unfortunately, that means I should wait a couple months until my living situation is more stable before dropping 4k on a lift, tires and rims. :-/
Old 04-20-2011, 08:40 AM   #16
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Well that sucks.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:41 AM   #17
Byte Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian408 View Post
Well that sucks.
This ^