Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Moving to Folsom

Old 04-29-2011, 11:49 AM   #1
bamma is on a distinguished road

bamma's Tacoma Gallery
Moving to Folsom

I'm moving from DC to Folsom next week. I've secured temporary housing while I look for a home.

Does anyone recommend cities or neighborhoods in the area?

Thanks!
Old 04-29-2011, 12:10 PM   #3
theredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AM1
Name: John
theredofshaw's Tacoma Gallery
stay away from del paso heights and north highlands...folsom is a good choice. roseville, some parts of citrus heights and antelope arent bad.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:11 PM   #4
2011TacoSport4x4 is just really nice2011TacoSport4x4 is just really nice2011TacoSport4x4 is just really nice2011TacoSport4x4 is just really nice2011TacoSport4x4 is just really nice

Air Force:
Name: Clyde
2011TacoSport4x4's Tacoma Gallery
rocklin is a nice place, not too far from folsom. eldorado hills is closer and is very nice...both are NOTHING like DC. Oh how I miss California!
Old 04-29-2011, 12:15 PM   #5
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
did you shoot a man in reno just to watch him die?
Old 04-29-2011, 12:17 PM   #6
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgwheeler17 View Post
did you shoot a man in reno just to watch him die?

Old 04-29-2011, 12:36 PM   #7
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredofshaw View Post
stay away from del paso heights and north highlands...folsom is a good choice. roseville, some parts of citrus heights and antelope arent bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011TacoSport4x4 View Post
rocklin is a nice place, not too far from folsom. eldorado hills is closer and is very nice...both are NOTHING like DC. Oh how I miss California!
Yerp. Don't forget Fair Oaks. That would probably be one of my first choices if I didn't live near downtown. I wouldn't advise Rancho Cordova, either. Areas near the large deactivated AFBs (McCleallan, Mather) just aren't very nice.

Are you planning on buying a house? You should if you can and plan to stay awhile. Prices out here are historically down right now, and you can get a helluva deal, especially on newer/tract homes that were built in the last few years in the suburban areas, like Folsome, EDH, Rocklin, etc. Older places in established neighborhoods have generally retained more value.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:03 PM   #8
david55838 is on a distinguished road
david55838's Tacoma Gallery
West Sacramento has some newer tract developments as well, and is crazy close to downtown, as well as quick access to all freeways going in every direction. Depends on what you're looking for, and of course, your budget.

Good luck - no more snow for you!!
Old 04-29-2011, 01:12 PM   #9
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to the West coast "Best coast" first thing it where are you going to be working at? That can really play a factor in where you get a house.

Also i see you have a 4x4 do you wheel? if you don't you will really soon we have some of the best OHV trails in the country.

Welcome to California
Old 04-29-2011, 04:11 PM   #10
Middle-Aged Member
05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
05Moose's Tacoma Gallery
And if you need a realtor in Folsom, let me know. One of my wife's long-time friend's husband owns his own realty company there and has been the top seller for like the last 20 years or so.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:19 PM   #11

bamma's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the tips everyone. I haven't been looking at Fair Oaks or Roseville. Guess I'll have to see what's available. I'll be working at a law firm in Folsom, so I'd like to be fairly close to the city. I definitely want to buy a house, as the prices really are great right now, especially after dealing with the high prices in DC.

I had a realtor show me around a bit when I was in town a few weeks ago, but we didn't get outside Folsom/El Dorado Hills, and I was just wondering what areas are nice.

I grew up in Utah, so it will be nice to get back out west. Having a 4x4 has been a waste in DC. Not a lot of places to go off-roading...
Old 04-29-2011, 04:35 PM   #12
Middle-Aged Member
05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
05Moose's Tacoma Gallery
Well, if you want to be in the rural foothills, there really isn't a bad area when you head up the hill on Hwy 50. So many assume you want to live in an area where your neighbors can hear you sneeze and say "Bless You" from next door (been there, done that...literally!). Point us in the type of living you want to be in, and we'll give you more specific answers.

And bamma, if you need a mortgage person to work with that's probably the best around, here's a link:
http://summitfunding.net/EmployeeDet...mployeeID=2132
She keeps everything running so smoothly by keeping all the realtors and title company people in the loop, that the realtor we used decided to hook up with her too. Our title company up in Placerville had never worked with her before and they were just flat out impressed. Everyone involved raved about how smoothly everything went because of her.
Old 04-30-2011, 05:22 PM   #13

bamma's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks again everyone.

My plan is to buy a home. Hopefully with 3-4 bedrooms on .15-.25 acres. Don't have kids yet, but good schools would be nice. And I'd like to be fairly close to my office in Folsom.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:08 AM   #14
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamma View Post
Thanks again everyone.

My plan is to buy a home. Hopefully with 3-4 bedrooms on .15-.25 acres. Don't have kids yet, but good schools would be nice. And I'd like to be fairly close to my office in Folsom.

To get that much land if Folsom you will need to look at older houses. They started cramming houses in little lots in the mid 90's. I personalty like the older neighborhoods in Folsom the new ones look all the same.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:27 AM   #15
DGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Friend
DGXR's Tacoma Gallery
Just remember, every community has its nice parts and bad areas. I live in Rancho Cordova and enjoy the quality of life very much. For buying a home near Folsom, check out Orangevale, Fair Oaks, Rancho Cordova, maybe Citrus Heights and Carmichael. Right now you can get nice homes in decent areas for pretty cheap in these areas. Just do your homework and scout the community for schools, parks and other features you need, and you will do fine. Folsom itself is a great community but tends to be pricey. The drivers out here are inconsiderate selfish assholes so be ready for that. Oh you're coming from DC, nevermind. Good luck, and welcome to the Golden State.

P.S. Be sure to check out Denio's Roseville Farmer's Market, it will blow your mind.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:58 PM   #16
TW's BAD MF'er Squad
Dirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirty5Thirty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Dean
Dirty5Thirty's Tacoma Gallery
I live in Folsom itself. If you're looking for decent house in Folsom, depends if you want newer or older. Briggs Ranch is an older house development that has good sized houses, and isn't over in the main part of town. Empire Ranch is the newest housing development in town, and is the area where they have HOA's and all the houses start to look the same. Broadstone is a good little neighborhood kinda off the normal path.

Send me a PM when you get to Folsom?
Old 05-03-2011, 08:45 PM   #17

bamma's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone lived in Cameron Park? Any pros/cons?

Dirty-I'll send you a PM when I get out there. It should be late next week. I have a long ass drive coming up. I actually looked at a home in The Briggs Ranch area. I liked it a lot but the home I looked at had a shake roof that needed replacement+a lot of other work. If I could find a home there in better condition I'd jump on it.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:53 PM   #18
B A N N E D
stevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: steven
stevenstaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredofshaw View Post
BORN AND RAISED IN NORTH HIGHLANDS.......I bought a house in citrus heights a few years ago its not too bad the house prices are dirt cheap right now. cameron park is nice but kinda in the boonies i would recomend roseville, fair oaks ,rocklin or folsom those are some pretty nice areas
Old 05-03-2011, 08:56 PM   #19
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
When you hear that whistle blowing, you'll hang your head and cry....
Old 05-03-2011, 08:57 PM   #20
B A N N E D
stevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: steven
stevenstaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty5Thirty View Post
I live in Folsom itself. If you're looking for decent house in Folsom, depends if you want newer or older. Briggs Ranch is an older house development that has good sized houses, and isn't over in the main part of town. Empire Ranch is the newest housing development in town, and is the area where they have HOA's and all the houses start to look the same. Broadstone is a good little neighborhood kinda off the normal path.

Send me a PM when you get to Folsom?
dont you live in auburn