Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Bay To Breakers

Old 05-13-2011, 08:48 PM   #1
Itsnevertoearlytostartbee fingupyourobituary
VanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
VanillaGorilla's Tacoma Gallery
Bay To Breakers

So Bay To Breakers is this sunday and I was just curious if anyone else is running it this year or has ran it in previous years. If you did, do you have any memorable stories, pictures, costumes, etc.?
Interested to see if this year will be as crazy as other years since they'll be cracking down more.
Old 05-13-2011, 08:48 PM   #2
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
are you running it?
Old 05-13-2011, 08:49 PM   #3
VanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yes sir, first main group. Starting at 7am I think. Not in shape for it though so not to pumped on the whole situation.
Old 05-13-2011, 08:50 PM   #4
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
haha how the hell did you get into the first main group??
Old 05-13-2011, 08:53 PM   #5

well when you register online it asks your estimated time so I said within 2 hours and I'm apparently in the first group haha what group are you.
Old 05-13-2011, 08:54 PM   #6
dlthunder has a spectacular aura aboutdlthunder has a spectacular aura about
Name: Dan
dlthunder's Tacoma Gallery
Ran it when I was a kid (12ish) and came in 5,506th place, the examiner used to list the top 10,000 runners in the paper each year. Was pretty happy about that since I was a kid and there was 95K+ runners.
Old 05-13-2011, 08:56 PM   #7
1st gen > 2nd gen

Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
haha nice.
I want to run it someday, but for now im sticking to XC trails a couple times a week.
Old 05-13-2011, 08:56 PM   #8
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck and have fun! I hear they're cracking down this year, but then again they say that every year.
Old 05-13-2011, 08:58 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlthunder View Post
Ran it when I was a kid (12ish) and came in 5,506th place, the examiner used to list the top 10,000 runners in the paper each year. Was pretty happy about that since I was a kid and there was 95K+ runners.
Thats awesome, I'd be pumped if I were in that situation. I think I heard this year that there will only be 50,000 "registered" runners but people will still sneak in somehow but I think every runner will be in the paper.
Old 05-13-2011, 08:59 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonAgs32 View Post
Good luck and have fun! I hear they're cracking down this year, but then again they say that every year.
Very true, they say you cant even have headphones haha! trying to tell me Im gonna run 7.3 miles or what ever and not have music? no, no thank you.
Old 05-13-2011, 09:01 PM   #11
1st gen > 2nd gen

Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaGorilla View Post
Very true, they say you cant even have headphones haha! trying to tell me Im gonna run 7.3 miles or what ever and not have music? no, no thank you.
thats how normal races are oriented. some dumb rule, especially for 26 miles. Load it with some good techno happyhardcore mixes at 1 hour each and time will fly by.
Old 05-13-2011, 09:05 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rucas View Post
thats how normal races are oriented. some dumb rule, especially for 26 miles. Load it with some good techno happyhardcore mixes at 1 hour each and time will fly by.
HAHA i just dont see how it makes sense. I'm just stunned right now thinking about it..
Old 05-13-2011, 09:14 PM   #13
stmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jimmy
stmpjmpr's Tacoma Gallery
Art Mann gonna be there again?
Old 05-13-2011, 09:22 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmpjmpr View Post
Art Mann gonna be there again?
?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenstaco View Post
No booze or floats allowed this year.....but no ban on nudity
Actually saw something in the paper that said something like, "come nude, come in costume, just dont be drunk." I lol'd when reading it
Old 05-30-2011, 11:28 PM   #16
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vin
SCSPerformance's Tacoma Gallery
i know this already passed already, but for anyone interested, it's so much fun going there with a group of people. i went there with a bunch of friends, 2nd year now and not really running, but it's great just to hang out and walk the course. it's like halloween and every hot chick wants to be a slut, lol
Old 05-30-2011, 11:30 PM   #17
Nightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Felipe
Nightstr's Tacoma Gallery
We should set up a group for next year.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:30 PM   #18
Bmxcast00 is a name known to allBmxcast00 is a name known to allBmxcast00 is a name known to allBmxcast00 is a name known to allBmxcast00 is a name known to allBmxcast00 is a name known to all

Name: Raymond
Bmxcast00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scwerks View Post
i know this already passed already, but for anyone interested, it's so much fun going there with a group of people. i went there with a bunch of friends, 2nd year now and not really running, but it's great just to hang out and walk the course. it's like halloween and every hot chick wants to be a slut, lol
any pictures?
Old 05-30-2011, 11:33 PM   #19
Nightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Felipe
Nightstr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmxcast00 View Post
any pictures?
I know Steven is a slut...
Old 05-30-2011, 11:39 PM   #20
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vin
SCSPerformance's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmxcast00 View Post
any pictures?

haha, i wish. i went with the wife so i had to do a little. hey, i'm still young and my eyes work great, lol.