Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Catalytic Converter Thefts in (not so) Pleasant Hill

Old 06-06-2011, 10:10 PM   #1
Western Alliance: Yeehaw Division
Clelsdah is on a distinguished road

Clelsdah's Tacoma Gallery
Catalytic Converter Thefts in (not so) Pleasant Hill

5 Toyota's hit in 24 hours in one of the better Bay Area cities:

http://claycord.com/2011/06/06/alert...pleasant-hill/

As a Tacoma and 4Runner owner this is unsettling.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:29 PM   #3
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
chris4x4 had this little problem buttoned up a couple years back with his own creation of a welded converter shield. He's a busy man nowadays but I would like to see his invention in production so folks can get it. Seems we definately need this now.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:33 PM   #4
PR45 is just really nicePR45 is just really nicePR45 is just really nicePR45 is just really nicePR45 is just really nice
PR45's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like California's "no used cats" law has failed, at least on cat theft.

Bad news--your cat may get Sawzalled off

Good news--you can buy it back for only slightly less than a new or approved one, but you might have to go to Arizona to do so.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:54 PM   #5
Epic Member
tvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
tvbd56's Tacoma Gallery
yep i live in livermore and I've been hearing about this a lot in the past two years... my neighbor got his cut out when my taco wasn't there THANK GOD. Just don't park your truck all alone in a bad area, stay near your truck
Old 06-06-2011, 10:56 PM   #6
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
i coat the under side of my car with dog shit sure dont want to be the one crawling down there cutting while shit falling in his face and or mouth lol jk
Old 06-06-2011, 11:59 PM   #7
Cheese Head.
TheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
TheGrinch's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TheGrinch
petaluma too. n rohnert park but no paper ever wrote up about it. press says petaluma guys were caught.

http://petaluma.patch.com/articles/t...tic-converters

edit: found this after

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article...NEWS/110509643
Old 06-07-2011, 12:02 AM   #8
Master of the Prius...
SpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryen
SpazzyB's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to SpazzyB
wrap razor wire around the cat? lol
Old 06-07-2011, 11:52 AM   #9
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
i live pretty much in pleasant hill..i'm gonna stay frosty.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:14 AM   #10
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
I live in Concord, yeah I saw that one the news, there isn't anything now that some tweek won't try to steal around here.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:18 AM   #11
Mskwared is on a distinguished road
Mskwared's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvbd56 View Post
yep i live in livermore and I've been hearing about this a lot in the past two years... my neighbor got his cut out when my taco wasn't there THANK GOD. Just don't park your truck all alone in a bad area, stay near your truck
My buddys got stolen out from under his 4 runner in the Safeway parking lot while he was working. It was like mid day when it happened
Old 06-10-2011, 08:25 AM   #12
mjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: National Strike Force
mjohn617's Tacoma Gallery
It has been happening all over the bay area for a good 2 years now, the news just recently covered it because of the amount stolen in that area in one night.

Some of the stuff I see here makes me sick, it's seems so animalistic sometimes.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:31 AM   #13
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
I worked at a place up off Taylor Blvd and some tweeks cut open a live 220 volt circuit to pull a 100 feet of wire out of the ground, jeesh. In the Oakland to hayward to fremont area there have been hundreds of thefts of water service backflows, I took a two inch backflow in once for recycling and got like 85 bucks for it. As the economy gets worse and the price for scrap goes up all kinds of stuff gets ripped off.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:00 AM   #14
patpatpat has a spectacular aura aboutpatpatpat has a spectacular aura aboutpatpatpat has a spectacular aura about
patpatpat's Tacoma Gallery
I am wrapping barbwire around my cat.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:03 AM   #15
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by patpatpat View Post
I am wrapping barbwire around my cat.
PETA may have a problem with you wrapping pets in barbed wire
Old 06-15-2011, 11:32 AM   #16
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
the Bay got too many thieves. around my area, they steal tailgates
Old 06-15-2011, 12:03 PM   #17
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
get some skids!
Old 06-15-2011, 12:06 PM   #18
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
www cat clamp dot com.....................cat clamp is one word. Forum puts asterisks if typing it together with or without the rest of the url. Look............. ********
Old 06-15-2011, 12:17 PM   #19
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
www cat clamp dot com.....................cat clamp is one word. Forum puts asterisks if typing it together with or without the rest of the url. Look............. ********
pretty cool, but $150 for the standard model?
Old 06-15-2011, 12:41 PM   #20
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonAgs32 View Post
pretty cool, but $150 for the standard model?
Yeah, but the cats cost what, 10 times more? My concern would be listening to those cables jostling around under there making noises while driving.