Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

PRS Norcal Summer Camping Trip June 23-26 FREE camping group.

Old 06-09-2011, 01:19 PM   #1
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
PRS Norcal Summer Camping Trip June 23-26 FREE camping group.

Okay guys the list has gotten a little crazy and I don't fell like reading the whole thread to see who is camping with us so I'm making a list for the other camp site.

We are doing it expedition style "FREE" so packing up and moving every day "So pack light". Friday Night we will be camping near the Eagle Lakes trail head there is a few camping spots along the trail we will be meeting the other group on the trail at 10:00am and heading to Eagle Lakes and eating lunch. It's going to be slow moving due to all the trucks we have so prepare for a 3+ hour trek to the Lakes.

I'm bringing a BBQ and a camp stove and I'm willing to do the cooking if we split the cost of food. I'll be making breakfast burritos in the mornings "BOMB"
there easy and cheap and good. And BBQing dinners I'll have a menu once everyone is listed and we know how many people will be with us. Lunches can be every man for themselves just too much of a pain to do wile wheelin. As for drinks it's BYOB

This will be the meeting location on Friday 39.331456,-120.572948 http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=...=UTF8&t=h&z=16

We are running the Eagle Lakes trail on Saturday a stock 4x4 can do this trail there really only one or two spots where a stock truck will need some careful spotting but it can be done without any damage. For the more equipped trucks there is some really good lines we can hit that are pretty crazy so Armor and one locker is recommended to hit those lines. All hard sections have a bypass and most of the trail is pretty simple. There might be high water crossings 18"+ so relocating your diff breathers is recommended.

The List
1. JLee + 3 (Confirmed ) coming up Thursday afternoon
2. Nightstr (Confirmed) coming up Friday evening
3. Stevenstaco (Confirmed) coming up Friday evening
4. Rucas (Confirmed) coming up Friday evening
5. MJonAgs32 (Confirmed) coming up Friday evening
6. t4r4life +1 (Confirmed) coming up Thursday evening
7. MarinCruizin (Confirmed) coming up Friday morning
8. PRS 2 TiFJ (Confirmed) coming up Thursday afternoon
9. Blackdog (Confirmed doing his own food) coming up Friday morning
10. w3tw0rks (Confirmed)

Just Wheelin
1. Overlander36
2. Ghost

The Menu

• Saturday morning I'm making breakfast burritos
  • Saturday night BBQed Tritip sandwiches & baked beans
  • Sunday morning breakfast hash with pancakes
  • Smores for every night

everyone is on there own for lunch on Saturday and Sunday.
Old 06-09-2011, 02:12 PM   #2
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
I'm also a maybe. Will know more the week of. But if I do go, I'll be meeting up with you guys at camp on Friday night, wherever you guys are
Old 06-09-2011, 02:20 PM   #3
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonAgs32 View Post
I'm also a maybe. Will know more the week of. But if I do go, I'll be meeting up with you guys at camp on Friday night, wherever you guys are

Okay I'll let you know where we are camping Friday night when it's set in stone. I know it needs to be Prius assessable because Lisa is driving up Friday as well. Light bulb!! if you do go Maybe Lisa can hitch a ride with you guys that way she don't have to drive the Prius and we can camp back in the woods a little more.
Old 06-09-2011, 02:26 PM   #4
mjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: National Strike Force
mjohn617's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
We are doing it expedition style

Now that's my style! I really wish I could go, I am moving that Monday...nice frickin timing!
Old 06-09-2011, 02:38 PM   #5
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjohn617 View Post
Now that's my style! I really wish I could go, I am moving that Monday...nice frickin timing!

where are you moving?
Old 06-09-2011, 02:41 PM   #6
mjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Petaluma, just got a house with a two car garage...got a welder, pipe bending setup, LP Air and tools!
Old 06-09-2011, 02:45 PM   #7
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Petaluma, just got a house with a two car garage...got a welder, pipe bending setup, LP Air and tools!

What better way to relax after a move then camping
Old 06-09-2011, 02:46 PM   #8
Itsnevertoearlytostartbee fingupyourobituary
VanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
VanillaGorilla's Tacoma Gallery
Why did I choose the pre runner.
Old 06-09-2011, 02:48 PM   #9

Quote:
What better way to relax after a move then camping
My move will actually be on the 27th, trust me if I could dump my shit and run to the hills I would!
Old 06-09-2011, 02:51 PM   #10
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaGorilla View Post
Why did I choose the pre runner.
Now who said you can't come we have a few Prerunners going there just leaving there trucks at camp and riding with someone.

Quote:
My move will actually be on the 27th, trust me if I could dump my shit and run to the hills I would!

oh i see well have fun with the move and congrats on the new place.
Old 06-09-2011, 02:53 PM   #11

Thanks, Ill see you guys soon.
Old 06-09-2011, 02:56 PM   #12
Itsnevertoearlytostartbee fingupyourobituary
VanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanillaGorilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
VanillaGorilla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Now who said you can't come we have a few Prerunners going there just leaving there trucks at camp and riding with someone.

Good point Jerry. Never 4x4'd before so just sucks that I've got a truck and still cant 4x4 haha. I really do want to go this trip though, missed Hollister last time, wanna get out and meet all the Norcal/Taco guys. I'll see if anythings going on here at home this month and if not I might have to make a trip out there.

Before I forget I was talking to Lucas(Rucas) and he was sayign you've got a handbook or something that list tons of 2WD friendly places in the Norcal Area. Was going to ask where you got it.
Old 06-09-2011, 03:02 PM   #13
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaGorilla View Post
Good point Jerry. Never 4x4'd before so just sucks that I've got a truck and still cant 4x4 haha. I really do want to go this trip though, missed Hollister last time, wanna get out and meet all the Norcal/Taco guys. I'll see if anythings going on here at home this month and if not I might have to make a trip out there.

Before I forget I was talking to Lucas(Rucas) and he was sayign you've got a handbook or something that list tons of 2WD friendly places in the Norcal Area. Was going to ask where you got it.

Yep i do and there isn't much for 2wd but you can make it on the green trails in 2wd if there dry. http://www.funtreks.com/california-b...l-drive-trails
Old 06-09-2011, 03:09 PM   #14
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Okay I'll let you know where we are camping Friday night when it's set in stone. I know it needs to be Prius assessable because Lisa is driving up Friday as well. Light bulb!! if you do go Maybe Lisa can hitch a ride with you guys that way she don't have to drive the Prius and we can camp back in the woods a little more.
Yea that'll work. In that case, I'll try to confirm this trip sooner than the week of. I assume my trailer won't be accessible on this trip? HAHA jk
Old 06-09-2011, 03:12 PM   #15
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yea that'll work. In that case, I'll try to confirm this trip sooner than the week of. I assume my trailer won't be accessible on this trip? HAHA jk

No "expedition camping" So just a little tent or sleep in the rig. I'm still on the fence if I'm going to build a sleeping platform for my truck or just buy a small tent. Because my tent is way too big to be packing up every day.
Old 06-09-2011, 03:41 PM   #16
n00b

Quote:
No "expedition camping" So just a little tent or sleep in the rig. I'm still on the fence if I'm going to build a sleeping platform for my truck or just buy a small tent. Because my tent is way too big to be packing up every day.
Yeah I'll probably just sleep in the bed.

What's wrong with your current sleeping platform? I saw you're getting rid of it?
Old 06-09-2011, 03:44 PM   #17
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah I'll probably just sleep in the bed.

What's wrong with your current sleeping platform? I saw you're getting rid of it?

It's not a platform it's just a box at the end of the bed that keeps shit from sliding all over. It only works with the drop in bed liner and I'm getting Line-X so i'm getting rid of the drop in.
Old 06-09-2011, 03:58 PM   #18
n00b

Quote:
It's not a platform it's just a box at the end of the bed that keeps shit from sliding all over. It only works with the drop in bed liner and I'm getting Line-X so i'm getting rid of the drop in.
Ahhh I see. I guess the sleeping platform vs new small tent will depend on what Lisa wants to sleep on?
Old 06-09-2011, 04:00 PM   #19
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ahhh I see. I guess the sleeping platform vs new small tent will depend on what Lisa wants to sleep on?

Hell she don't care It really depends on my time It's coming up fast.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:51 PM   #20
B A N N E D
stevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedstevenstaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: steven
stevenstaco's Tacoma Gallery
Ill be coming up friday night after work so Ill have to contact you friday to see where you guys are at im down to drop on bbq and bfast burritos just let me know how much...the trail on sat my truck can handle right? Im probably bringing my dog and a tent